My 1st Post (Tuning/Honda City's etc.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter N.J.
  • 74 comments
  • 3,305 views
Messages
86
Hello all,

You could say I'm a novice in regards to Gran Turismo as I don't own a PS or any of the GT's, but that will all change when GT4 comes out that for sure.

The main reason in a word - Nordschleife!!! (Nurburgring)

That plus all the great cars everything from my car (Honda City) to the mighty McLaren F1!...





Anyway, my question is in regards to tuning...

I've noticed that the '83 Honda City Turbo 2 will be in GT4.
I own a '85 Honda City (non-turbo).


*I KNOW YOU CAN INCREASE THE TURBO BOOST, BUT CAN YOU DECREASE THE TURBO BOOST AS WELL???

(IN EFFECT, TURN THE TURBOCHARGED HONDA CITY INTO A NON-TURBO HONDA CITY)







p.s

If not, I'll just have to go out and chuck a turbo on my real Honda City :)



Thanks in advance (and don't scream at me if this question has already being answered - I could have searched yes, but given the size of this forum and the slow speed of my modem, I would have been searching for the next 6 months)


N.J.


City.jpg

midget3.jpg

HondaCityTurboII.jpg

HondaCityT.jpg

P1.jpg
 
why would you want to turn down the boost?
 
24 hours of nurburing with honda city.. downgraded turbo. Total laps complete 7. Total pit stops 7. Cars that passes the 75km/hr mark 0.
 
I don't own a PS or any of the GT's, but that will all change when GT4 comes out that for sure.


If you want to be taken seriously, stop posting bollocks and go and buy yourself a PS2 and GT3 now…
 
super cirrus
why would you want to turn down the boost?

Because if you take away all the turbo boost from the Honda City Turbo in GT4, then obviously you're left with a non-turbo Honda City - MY CAR.
 
Veki
24 hours of nurburing with honda city.. downgraded turbo. Total laps complete 7. Total pit stops 7. Cars that passes the 75km/hr mark 0.

Believe it or not, but even with only 56hp, the 85 Honda City Pro T runs very well.

Mainly due to my model weighing in at only 685kg and also by it having a close ratio manual gearbox...it'd probably top out 150-160kph. (haven't tried it yet :) )

p.s

On the freeway, it purrs along at 100kph/60mph at 3000rpm in 5th gear.
 
yeah, and do you know how long it will take to do one lap on the Nordschleife?
The BMW M5 RingTaxi needs around 9 minutes to lap the course.....and we're talking about a lap done by a experienced Nordschleife driver and 4 passengers.......try to find some movies of the ringtaxi on Nordschleife on the internet.
By the time you've completed your first lap with a Honda City........you'll pull the plug out of that car (because 20 minutes isn't a fast time) :grumpy:
 
Dirkiyo
yeah, and do you know how long it will take to do one lap on the Nordschleife?
The BMW M5 RingTaxi needs around 9 minutes to lap the course.....and we're talking about a lap done by a experienced Nordschleife driver and 4 passengers.......try to find some movies of the ringtaxi on Nordschleife on the internet.
By the time you've completed your first lap with a Honda City........you'll pull the plug out of that car (because 20 minutes isn't a fast time) :grumpy:


No, I don't know how long it would take a non-turbo Honda City to finish the 22.8km circuit, but I'd be interested to find out...

I have plenty of videos from the 'ring'.

The Nurburgring Taxi you mentioned takes 8:15 to lap the course.
I ordered the 'Faszination On The Nurburgring' video from Germany a few years back which featured the Ruf CTR 'Yellow bird'and have a DVD due next month from Germany featuring the Ruf Turbo R.




p.s

CAN TURBO CARS IN GRAN TURISMO HAVE THEIR BOOST REDUCED? YES OR NO???
 
I may just talk about this sort of thing in my own topic, but let me speak now on this. I know you are probably playing and no offense, but... WHY RACE A SLOW CAR ON A LONG TRACK? I know slow because I raced a Daihatsu Midget D-Type in GT2 at Midfield Raceway. My highest speed: 76 mph. I get bored easily taking a slow car to a large track. Sure, such machines won't be too boring, but something like Tahiti Road in GT2 with a Mini Cooper is fine. Some of the small tracks with small cars are perfectly fine. But I would never take a Kei to a 6+ mile track. I'd get bored easily. Since I'm from America, don't think that I'm a narrow-minded car fan that respects only muscle cars and only rate cars on speed and/or horsepower. It's just that, I wouldn't take a very slow car to such a long track. I also did a stock or mostly stock VW New Beetle and raced Complex String. It's 5 minutes at least, and this is on a technical and long track.

But if you want to do that sort of thing, I cannot stop you, buddy. By the way, I like the newest Jazz/Fit. It would be fun to race the Spoon Sports Honda Jazz/Fit as well.
 
N.J.
CAN TURBO CARS IN GRAN TURISMO HAVE THEIR BOOST REDUCED? YES OR NO???

Yes, you can turn it down, but only to a minimum. you can't complete remove the the turboboost on cars with a turbo-aspiration.
 
JohnBM01
I may just talk about this sort of thing in my own topic, but let me speak now on this. I know you are probably playing and no offense, but... WHY RACE A SLOW CAR ON A LONG TRACK? I know slow because I raced a Daihatsu Midget D-Type in GT2 at Midfield Raceway. My highest speed: 76 mph. I get bored easily taking a slow car to a large track. Sure, such machines won't be too boring, but something like Tahiti Road in GT2 with a Mini Cooper is fine. Some of the small tracks with small cars are perfectly fine. But I would never take a Kei to a 6+ mile track. I'd get bored easily. Since I'm from America, don't think that I'm a narrow-minded car fan that respects only muscle cars and only rate cars on speed and/or horsepower. It's just that, I wouldn't take a very slow car to such a long track. I also did a stock or mostly stock VW New Beetle and raced Complex String. It's 5 minutes at least, and this is on a technical and long track.

But if you want to do that sort of thing, I cannot stop you, buddy. By the way, I like the newest Jazz/Fit. It would be fun to race the Spoon Sports Honda Jazz/Fit as well.


Don't get me wrong - I know its a long track and all the rest, and I certainly don't intend to drive ONLY a Honda City in GT4 when you can take out a McLaren F1, that's for sure.

I'm just curious to see how my little car would go around there (yes, it'd would be slow but I think I'd have a chuckle or too while finding out :) ).


With a 3km straight at the end of the ring, I'm sure my car would be doing 150-160kph...I'm looking forward to finding out. :)

p.s

You can certainly see the simularities between the current Jazz and my 20 year old City (City/Jazz - same thing...)
 
Dirkiyo
Yes, you can turn it down, but only to a minimum. you can't complete remove the the turboboost on cars with a turbo-aspiration.

You mean:

If my goal was to reduce the power of the '83 Honda City Turbo 2 in GT4 (it produces 110bhp by default) to a '85 Honda City Pro T -my car- (it produces 56bhp by default) you're saying that's not possible.

Correct?
 
N.J.
Believe it or not, but even with only 56hp, the 85 Honda City Pro T runs very well.

Mainly due to my model weighing in at only 685kg and also by it having a close ratio manual gearbox...it'd probably top out 150-160kph. (haven't tried it yet :) )

p.s

On the freeway, it purrs along at 100kph/60mph at 3000rpm in 5th gear.

so what? my 1976 BMW 2002 will do 60mph at 3000rpm. thats in fourth not fifth. i dont have a five speed in mine although i could get one and convert it. then my engine speed would 80% of my 4th gear rpm. my quick calculation says 2400rpm in fifth at 60.

it also weighs at least 400 kilos more than yours (2300lbs for lighter early models. mine is the last year of production.) and can also do ~170km/h on the freeway. your car dont sound so great when my much older car can have the same (if not better) performance, have worse aerodynamics but still weigh a lot more.
 
neanderthal
so what? my 1976 BMW 2002 will do 60mph at 3000rpm. thats in fourth not fifth. i dont have a five speed in mine although i could get one and convert it. then my engine speed would 80% of my 4th gear rpm. my quick calculation says 2400rpm in fifth at 60.

it also weighs at least 400 kilos more than yours (2300lbs for lighter early models. mine is the last year of production.) and can also do ~170km/h on the freeway. your car dont sound so great when my much older car can have the same (if not better) performance, have worse aerodynamics but still weigh a lot more.

My point was that even though my car has a relatively low level of bhp, it by no means has trouble driving at 75kph (as Veki mentioned earlier)- far from it.

I'll admit, It could do with a bit more power - that's why I'll be booking it in for some tuning in the coming weeks.



That doesn't sound much like a fair comparison ie. BMW -vs- Honda City 1.2 litre with 56bhp.

What motor does your BMW have?
What capacity
bhp?

Besides, our cars were built for different things:

-Mine to be easy to live with day-to-day in a city.
-yours for driving along that magnificant autobahn in Germany.




p.s

Hey, don't hold back, don't be shy, why don't you try telling me what you really think?;)

You're not backward in coming forward much are you? :)

Where did your BMW come into this anyway?
 
I want to reinforce what this guy is saying about light cars...

My girlfriends car weighs 700Kg and has 65BHP... It also does 0-60 in 8 seconds... That's faster than a Porsche 924 (Even the Turbo version) which had 180 odd BHP...

C.
 
N.J.
You mean:

If my goal was to reduce the power of the '83 Honda City Turbo 2 in GT4 (it produces 110bhp by default) to a '85 Honda City Pro T -my car- (it produces 56bhp by default) you're saying that's not possible.

Correct?
Thats correct, 110Bhp is the minimum level for that turbo, it can be tuned to go higher but unless GT4 is different in this to other GT's you've never been allowed to remove a turbo from a car if it came with the turbo.
 
Why was everyone jumping on him??? He just wanted to see what it would be like to drive his real life car in GT4. Don't be so nasty.
 
Exactly. It is fun to drive your real life car in a game like GT4 even if it isn't exactly a great car. Im driving my dad's '97 Peugeot 306, it has decent 130hp for such relatively small car but it isn't a sportscar... but it would be fun anyway to try it in GT4, especially when GT4 has so accurately simulated cars performances and hopefuly handling.
 
Hooray! - phew!:D

At least you last 4 fellows know what I'm on about! - Strewth! :bowdown:

It was like talking to a brick wall wasn't it? :banghead:

:cheers:
 
You appear to have been here a few months, I've never seen you post before. Have you been active or just watching everyone else? And yes, it would be cool to drive your own car round the ring in GT4, even though it's not that fast I'd still like to do it with mine, albeit in a less rusty state.
 
live4speed
You appear to have been here a few months, I've never seen you post before. Have you been active or just watching everyone else? And yes, it would be cool to drive your own car round the ring in GT4, even though it's not that fast I'd still like to do it with mine, albeit in a less rusty state.

That's correct - I did sign up a while back, but somehow lost the bookmark/link to this site. I was typing in all kinds of stuff trying to get back to this site which only happened just a few hours back.

I can't remember whether I've posted before to be honest - its been a fair while...

Nagh, I love the ring!

Have you ever seen the video 'Faszination On The Nurburgring'? - awesome stuff!
 
No, I've not seen many vids of the ring although I know the track relativley well, since your pretty much new, welcome to GTP.
 
Downloading now 👍.
 
live4speed
Downloading now 👍.


Lap 1 is just about 100% in-car.
Lap 2 is a mixture of in-car & out-car.

Both are awesome (MUST DOWNLOADS!)

Lots of powersliding! :)



p.s

The driver is Ruf's chief test driver Stefan 'sideways' Roser.

This guy is nuts! - awesome stuff.

Let me know what you think...


That video is from 1990 - his new one featuring the Ruf R Turbo is coming out next month.

I've already ordered a copy.
 
Thoes arn't bad, I like the slides in lap 2 when you get a goo look at them.
 
live4speed
Thoes arn't bad, I like the slides in lap 2 when you get a goo look at them.

Gee, you must have a good modem - that didn't take you long at all!

What would you give that video out of 10?
 
You're probably spoilt by my favourite TV journo, Tiff Needell - am I correct?

(I love his work - how on earth do you get a job like that!)
 
Tiff, yeah he's brilliant. You don't see much of him now though, he does 5th gear on channel 5 but I think thats it. I'd love his job but I thnik his racing career helped him get it, I unfortunately don't have a racing career.

I'd probably give that vid an 8 or 9 out of 10, the only bad thing was the resolution but it's a good watch.
 
Back