My 1st Post (Tuning/Honda City's etc.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter N.J.
  • 74 comments
  • 3,305 views
i post on jabbas world i can fully recommend it but dont go there if you are looking for videos.
 
squeek
i post on jabbas world i can fully recommend it but dont go there if you are looking for videos.

Because of the restricted access to the videos?
 
I'm waiting for my e-mail for that site, it's takin longer than most sites do to arrive.
 
Because of the restricted access to the videos?

yeah. you have to ebcome a good member there or else you cant gain access to the vids. i think searching on google is the best. found lots of loud dyno and nurb vids just now.
 
squeek
yeah. you have to ebcome a good member there or else you cant gain access to the vids. i think searching on google is the best. found lots of loud dyno and nurb vids just now.

I don't have access to the videos directly at Jabbas, but as I've posted many videos to Racingflix and certain people know of this at Jabbas, it comes in handy sometimes if you know what I mean. ;)
 
lol nice, wish i cud get some vids on jw. got some off racingflix but their bandwidth is low (7.00kb/s!?) so i dont bother, got some nice vids though. any other places you can recommend?
 
Nagh - Jabbas & Racingflix are the 2 I check out all the time...

How bout yourself? - you know any good ones?
 
dont really know any myself part from the 2 you mentioned! any others peeps?
 
N.J.
My point was that even though my car has a relatively low level of bhp, it by no means has trouble driving at 75kph (as Veki mentioned earlier)- far from it.

point taken. it seemed a little bit like you were hyping up your car. no offense intended.


NJ
That doesn't sound much like a fair comparison ie. BMW -vs- Honda City 1.2 litre with 56bhp.

What motor does your BMW have?
What capacity
bhp?

not really. mine was designed in the early sixties. motor debutted in the 1963 bmw 1500. 1602 (two door) debuted in 1965. 2 liter motor put in two door body in 1967. much much older car than yours. it should have a huge disadvantage.

motor is a 2 liter four cylinder, single overhead cam, 2 valves per cylinder.
100 horsepower. but back then horsepower was measured at the flywheel, so thats not whats going to the wheels.

NJ
Besides, our cars were built for different things:

-Mine to be easy to live with day-to-day in a city.
-yours for driving along that magnificant autobahn in Germany.

you clearly know nothing my car. my car is easy to live with day to day in the city.
it was designed for the german middle class in post war germany who didnt want a small city car like the bmw isetta (ala steve urkel) but couldnt afford a mercedes which was pretty much the only bigger option available otherwise. it was designed to be a good all round car, the german middle class couldnt afford to have a city car and a highway car. it was supposed to be an all round capable car, it was not designed "for driving along that magnificent autobahn in Germany."

57bmw01.jpg

BMW isetta circa 1960

NJ
Hey, don't hold back, don't be shy, why don't you try telling me what you really think?;)

You're not backward in coming forward much are you? :)

Where did your BMW come into this anyway?

it came in when you started talking up your car, i merely pointed out that a car designed twenty years earlier and much heavier and probably more aerodynamically inefficient was just as good. in the pantheon of common sense that would mean that yours isnt all that, as something significantly older than it is just as good as yours is.
 
I dont have a clue on answering your question cause I dont own a Honda City but I can say I love the Honda City Turbos. I wouldnt mind having one at all just to cruise around in, knowing im getting tons of miles per gallon. 👍
 
neanderthal
point taken. it seemed a little bit like you were hyping up your car. no offense intended.




not really. mine was designed in the early sixties. motor debutted in the 1963 bmw 1500. 1602 (two door) debuted in 1965. 2 liter motor put in two door body in 1967. much much older car than yours. it should have a huge disadvantage.

motor is a 2 liter four cylinder, single overhead cam, 2 valves per cylinder.
100 horsepower. but back then horsepower was measured at the flywheel, so thats not whats going to the wheels.



you clearly know nothing my car. my car is easy to live with day to day in the city.
it was designed for the german middle class in post war germany who didnt want a small city car like the bmw isetta (ala steve urkel) but couldnt afford a mercedes which was pretty much the only bigger option available otherwise. it was designed to be a good all round car, the german middle class couldnt afford to have a city car and a highway car. it was supposed to be an all round capable car, it was not designed "for driving along that magnificent autobahn in Germany."

57bmw01.jpg

BMW isetta circa 1960



it came in when you started talking up your car, i merely pointed out that a car designed twenty years earlier and much heavier and probably more aerodynamically inefficient was just as good. in the pantheon of common sense that would mean that yours isnt all that, as something significantly older than it is just as good as yours is.


Mate, are you fair dinkum?

Have you got an inferiority complex or something? Get out of the wrong side of bed did you?
Are you playing with a full deck? Christ! :)

Do you seriously think that I'd be coming on this forum 'talking up' a 20 year old 1.2 56bhp vehicle thinking its the best thing since sliced bread??? (you've got rocks in your head if believe that...)

I don't think I'd come here to 'hype' even if I had a 400bhp Porsche 911 Turbo.

No, I can't say I know EVERY BMW - sue me! - the only ones I pay much attention to be honest are the M3s & M5s. (in my opinion, if you're not buying one of those, you're only buying a badge - again, that's my opinion...have you got a problem with that?)





Alright, if you want to keep making comparisons, try this one:

-Do you realise your car (& mine) would be blown into the weeds by a 1932 Bugatti Type 51? (thats 44 years older than your car)

It put out 230bhp & weighs 700kg, thats 330bhp/ton - It can ran a standing kilometre in 24.73 and cross a finishing line at 133mph. For reference, a 911 covers the same distance in 25.1 Very, very, scary...

Do you feel better now?
 
This is a GT4 forum not an automotive forum... I suggest that you take it to the general car forum located here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Oh, by the way you will find that other posts make a great deal more sense if you have actually played a GT game…stop posting and go and inform yourself with a copy of GT3 and GT4 prologue. I think that you’ll find that informed discussion is far more satisfying…
 
Samberto
This is a GT4 forum not an automotive forum... I suggest that you take it to the general car forum located here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Oh, by the way you will find that other posts make a great deal more sense if you have actually played a GT game…stop posting and go and inform yourself with a copy of GT3 and GT4 prologue. I think that you’ll find that informed discussion is far more satisfying…

I have played GT, but don't own it....no, I'll wait for GT4 and go from there.

I asked my question here so I could become informed.

Besides, I got the answer I was after...eventually.






p.s

Would you do research 1st, then buy something

OR

Buy something 1st, then research?



What do you think's the wiser?
 
N.J.
-Do you realise your car (& mine) would be blown into the weeds by a 1932 Bugatti Type 51? (thats 44 years older than your car)

It would also be blown to ashes by a 1938 Mercedes-Benz W125. It put out 736HP, weighing 2612lbs, and made a record top speed of 269Mph. Amazing for '32 eh? :sly:

(note: this post was not to bash on your cars, I just wanted to post this lol)
 
Safe Speed
It would also be blown to ashes by a 1938 Mercedes-Benz W125. It put out 736HP, weighing 2612lbs, and made a record top speed of 269Mph. Amazing for '32 eh? :sly:

(note: this post was not to bash on your cars, I just wanted to post this lol)

LOL!

Was that a McLaren F1 of its day (like the Bugatti), or just a sprint car going flat out on a salt lake for example?
 
I have played GT, but don't own it....no, I'll wait for GT4 and go from there.


Oh well, your loss mate…it is of course your choice to post rather than drive the Mclaren F1 that you enthused about
 
Samberto
Oh well, your loss mate…it is of course your choice to post rather than drive the Mclaren F1 that you enthused about

Yep, I rather wait for GT4 which has just everything you could wish for (except perhaps the inclusion of Porsche as a manufactor), save the money for now (rather than spending it other GTs) and use it to tune my Honda City for real.

The McLaren F1 is going to be in GT4 - where do I miss out?

*What does GT3 & GT4P have that GT4 won't have?

*Do you think you will still play GT3 & GT4P after GT4 comes out?



p.s

I've heard many people say GT4P is too short and not worth the money...better to wait for the full game.


For me, the Nurburgring, Pikes Peak, Le-mans, McLaren F1, Mercedes CLK-GTR, Ruf R Turbo, pre bug-eye Subaru WRX and of course the Honda City Turbo II are what I'm really looking forward to.

If only Porsche could be in there... (I'm a 911 nut you see :) )
 
-GT prologue can be had from 15 AU on ebay

-If you get an NTSC version of GT3 it is possible to hack out a Porsche Mk1 GT3. (no not RGT) A Guards Red 911 GT3 is in fact the car with the highest kms in my GT3 garage.

-Pre bug eye Scooby is available in GT3, so is the ultra rare homologation 22b.

-Unfortunately the R-turbo tested for GT4 is the all wheel drive version that will tend to understeer like the CTR-2 in GT3. The RGT is built for the track and has a beautiful naturally aspirated exhaust note. Much more fun


I will certainly continue to play GT3 following gt4 release. The car roster and championship structure will differ, and I doubt that my precious 911 will feature in the next instalment.

Finally you will find that any car in GT with under a 200 horses will be an absolute snore to drive, despite the fact that you own said vehicle.


Edit Typo: 100 hp
 
Samberto
Finally you will find that any car in GT with under a 200 horses will be an absolute snore to drive, despite the fact that you own said vehicle.
I know that racing the BMW 120i around the Nurburgring and Capri is more fun than racing a car twice as powerful in GT3. A light, low powered car on a tight, twisting road is very fun in real life, so I don't see why it shouldn't be fun in a game. GT3 messed this up by making all the tracks way too wide, but it looks like GT4 wont have this problem.
 
Arcticfox
I know that racing the BMW 120i around the Nurburgring and Capri is more fun than racing a car twice as powerful in GT3. A light, low powered car on a tight, twisting road is very fun in real life, so I don't see why it shouldn't be fun in a game. GT3 messed this up by making all the tracks way too wide, but it looks like GT4 wont have this problem.

Have you driven a low powered FF on Fuji speedway? Tiresome…

Yes low powered light weight cars are fun in real life, yet sims can never convey the sense of speed that you get thrashing around suburban roundabouts. Unless of course we are talking about thoroughbreds like the lotus Elise.

Edit:
As for cars with 56 hp…yes it’s fun to see your car in GT, but unless the car is fun to drive in the game it will prove to be little more than a pleasant novelty. Maybe I’m a little spoiled. My Honda VTR weighs about 200kgs and makes 110 horses…
 
Samberto
Have you driven a low powered FF on Fuji speedway? (wider than Midfield) Tiresome…

Yes low powered light weight cars are fun in real life, yet sims can never convey the sense of speed that you get thrashing around suburban roundabouts. Unless of course we are talking about thoroughbreds like the lotus Elise.
My point was not that there were no wide tracks in GT4, my point was that there are no narrow tracks in GT3. No matter which track you picked in GT3 you would be bored out of your mind racing a sub 200HP car, but so far I have had plenty of fun on Grand Canyon, Citta Di Aria, Tsukuba, Amalfi and Nurburgring in slower cars (and the Prologue tracks can only get more fun with the new physics changes).

Not all tracks are made for all cars. While tracks like Fuji are fun for race cars and boring for slow cars, tracks like Tsukuba are fun for slow cars and annoying for fast cars. My point was that in GT3 all tracks were intended for race cars and therefore it is not a good reason to think slower cars will be boring in GT4.
 
Samberto
Have you driven a low powered FF on Fuji speedway? Tiresome…

Yes low powered light weight cars are fun in real life, yet sims can never convey the sense of speed that you get thrashing around suburban roundabouts. Unless of course we are talking about thoroughbreds like the lotus Elise.

Edit:
As for cars with 56 hp…yes it’s fun to see your car in GT, but unless the car is fun to drive in the game it will prove to be little more than a pleasant novelty. Maybe I’m a little spoiled. My Honda VTR weighs about 200kgs and makes 110 horses…

Thanks for the info - I'll keep it in mind, plenty of 'food for thought' you might say...






I was just fishing through some of my old EVO magazines about the Nurburgring - found something interesting:

"WALTER ROHRL

Porsche's in-house 'Ringmaster dissects his favourite track

Once you've learnt it you never forget. Any company that hopes to makew the best car in the world must visit the 'Ring'. Every aspect of the car must be right to attain a good lap time.

When you are often doing over 300kph around the Ring you start to think about how near the armco is. One mistake and you're in big trouble. I often think it is time to stop, but when the opportunity is there I forget all my sensible intentions and go as fast as I can. It is my favourite circuit and is fun with 90bhp or 600bhp - it doesn't matter."
 
Arcticfox
My point was not that there were no wide tracks in GT4, my point was that there are no narrow tracks in GT3. No matter which track you picked in GT3 you would be bored out of your mind racing a sub 200HP car, but so far I have had plenty of fun on Grand Canyon, Citta Di Aria, Tsukuba, Amalfi and Nurburgring in slower cars (and the Prologue tracks can only get more fun with the new physics changes).

Not all tracks are made for all cars. While tracks like Fuji are fun for race cars and boring for slow cars, tracks like Tsukuba are fun for slow cars and annoying for fast cars. My point was that in GT3 all tracks were intended for race cars and therefore it is not a good reason to think slower cars will be boring in GT4.

Edit: You make a compelling point. Nonetheless, despite the inclusion of tracks such as cita, I think it is fair to say that most enthusiasts won’t clock up many kms in sub 100hp cars.
 
N.J.
Thanks for the info - I'll keep it in mind, plenty of 'food for thought' you might say...






I was just fishing through some of my old EVO magazines about the Nurburgring - found something interesting:

"WALTER ROHRL

Porsche's in-house 'Ringmaster dissects his favourite track

Once you've learnt it you never forget. Any company that hopes to makew the best car in the world must visit the 'Ring'. Every aspect of the car must be right to attain a good lap time.

When you are often doing over 300kph around the Ring you start to think about how near the armco is. One mistake and you're in big trouble. I often think it is time to stop, but when the opportunity is there I forget all my sensible intentions and go as fast as I can. It is my favourite circuit and is fun with 90bhp or 600bhp - it doesn't matter."


You read EVO… Ahh, fine taste in motoring journalism, it’s the only mag I buy. Yes I agree about the ring in real life, yet once again gaming is a different kettle of fish. Especially as the cars that we dream about are readily selectable in the game. Ford KA or Ruf 3400S? easy

edit:where are you in our lovely garden state?
 
Samberto
You read EVO… Ahh, fine taste in motoring journalism, it’s the only mag I buy. Yes I agree about the ring in real life, yet once again gaming is a different kettle of fish. Especially as the cars that we dream about are readily selectable in the game. Ford KA or Ruf 3400S? easy

Did you hear about the test driver from Nissan?

The guy who broke the lap record in a Skyline years ago?

He had a go at GT4 at the Nurburgring with the same model skyline and posted a lap time within 1% of what he did in real life!

Impressive stuff! - speaks volumes doesn't it?
 
N.J.
Did you hear about the test driver from Nissan?

The guy who broke the lap record in a Skyline years ago?

He had a go at GT4 at the Nurburgring with the same model skyline and posted a lap time within 1% of what he did in real life!

Impressive stuff! - speaks volumes doesn't it?

I do believe that it was an R33 GTR. Where did you get the info, as I don’t remember such a titbit in EVO?

In regard to your first post, I am hoping that polyphony introduce air restrictors so that we can tune our cars to the hp we have in real life…

Off topic: Speaking of fine low powered cars, did you get evo 66 ‘greatest driving cars of the decade.’ They absolutely adored the 150 hp Renault Clio Williams.
 
Samberto
I do believe that it was an R33 GTR. Where did you get the info, as I don’t remember such a titbit in EVO?

In regard to your first post, I am hoping that polyphony introduce air restrictors so that we can tune our cars to the hp we have in real life…

Off topic: Speaking of fine low powered cars, did you get evo 66 ‘greatest driving cars of the decade.’ They absolutely adored the 150 hp Renault Clio Williams.

EVO 21 ;) ...

I'm a HUGE fan of the Renault Clio Williams/Renault Clio Sport.

I would go out now and buy a Renault Clio Sport if they weren't so expensive here(same problem as the Mini Cooper /S)

The Renault goes for about 33K (that's 10K less than a WRX)
The Mini goes for 31K, the S version 40K

For that money here you can buy a V8 or V6 4 door Holden/Ford Sedan.




p.s

That was a great issue EVO 66 - Evo Car Of The Decade:

-the BMW M3 - I love these
-the 1996 Porsche 911 (993) Turbo - my favourite car of all time
-Renault Clio Williams
-
2 Porsche 911 GT3s (the older scored better)
-The Pagoni Zonda
-The Ferrari 550 Maranello won overall

I was happy that the 993 Turbo got in their top ten for the decade.
 
Back