My 1st Post (Tuning/Honda City's etc.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter N.J.
  • 74 comments
  • 3,305 views
Ah, you like Evo, best car mag going. I read Evo and TopGear most. Thoes cars are expensive in Oz, I'm not 100% on the AUS $ to pound rates at the moment but off the top of mty head thoes are well over £15,000. Ouch.
 
---
 
Last edited:
I didn't say 15 quid I said £15,000, thats 15 grand. I've just worked it ou anyway and $33k AUD is just under £13k which isn't bad.
 
live4speed
I didn't say 15 quid I said £15,000, thats 15 grand. I've just worked it ou anyway and $33k AUD is just under £13k which isn't bad.

Oh, EVO the car…. :lol:
61,000 AU being 24 odd UK

Ok back to topic….
 
I only read one motoring publication for accurate and detailed info...
Car & Driver.
There are other excellent motoring magazines to be sure, but when I want to know the real facts of how a car or truck performs, and also how it would relate to ME in terms of practicality, cost, quality, and enjoyment, I only look to one source...
Car & Driver.

Top Gear is not sold where I live (Ohio), but I very much enjoy their TV show, called "Fifth Gear" in the states on SPEED. Crazy Brits!
 
fith gear is not top gear, it's done by ex-TopGear presenters though and it's kind of replaced TopGear because it's asimilar format to how TopGear was before it was cancelled. TopGear came back though and Jerremy Clarkson took over again and although the format has changed it's good viewing but most of the cars are more performance oriented on it. As for mags, I stand by my opinion that Evo is the best car mag in the world, but each and every one of us is entitled to our own opinion.
 
N.J.
LOL!

Was that a McLaren F1 of its day (like the Bugatti), or just a sprint car going flat out on a salt lake for example?

Sorry for the long reply, it was specifically built for top speed records. The Germans were making everyone look bad with their beastily automobiles. The Mercedes I told you about was destroyed doing the top speed. The rest (an Audi, and I think BMW) were kept in a secret underground room in Russia because of the war and kept there until some time not too long ago to show off. Pretty good history for those cars.
 
Live, thanks for the lo-down, dude.
I know nothing about current Brit TV...only old stuff like Flying Circus and Are You Being Served?
Whoever that guy is in "Fifth Gear," his voice is very familiar to me.
I don't know if I've heard him in a video game or on TV, but I know that voice from somewhere. Old WRC shows or Motorsport Mundial maybe?

Oh, yeah, I really like the "Thunderbirds" too.

By the way, did I mention to anybody that I am a TUNING EXPERT?
 
DevilGTx
Live, thanks for the lo-down, dude.
I know nothing about current Brit TV...only old stuff like Flying Circus and Are You Being Served?
Whoever that guy is in "Fifth Gear," his voice is very familiar to me.
I don't know if I've heard him in a video game or on TV, but I know that voice from somewhere. Old WRC shows or Motorsport Mundial maybe?

Oh, yeah, I really like the "Thunderbirds" too.

By the way, did I mention to anybody that I am a TUNING EXPERT?

A Gran Turismo tuner or a real life tuner? (or both?)
 
DevilGTx
By the way, did I mention to anybody that I am a TUNING EXPERT?

can i give you a challange?

here is the challange can u make a stock civic (ek9) into spoon sports civic type R :trouble::trouble:

MUAHAHAHAHA can you? can you? :)
 
DevilGTx
Whoever that guy is in "Fifth Gear," his voice is very familiar to me.
You'll be thinking of Tiff Needel, he used to be GT race driver and he's done bit of others like touring cars too. He's done voice overs for the original Toca on PS1 and for LeMans 24hr on PS1. He's also done bits for variouse motosport pogrames. The girl on fith gear, Viki Butler-Henderson does voiceovers in GT4:P.

BTW, I'm a bit of a car modder myself in real life, I've changed loads of parts for my car, thoes rusty quarter panels just had to be replaced ;).
 
NJ
Alright, if you want to keep making comparisons, try this one:

-Do you realise your car (& mine) would be blown into the weeds by a 1932 Bugatti Type 51? (thats 44 years older than your car)

It put out 230bhp & weighs 700kg, thats 330bhp/ton - It can ran a standing kilometre in 24.73 and cross a finishing line at 133mph. For reference, a 911 covers the same distance in 25.1 Very, very, scary...

Do you feel better now?

production car vs race car. real smart.
 
neanderthal
production car vs race car. real smart.

You're missing the point...again!




p.s

the '68 Ford Escort & Ford Falcon were production cars...

As already mentioned above - Some people thought my car would struggle to get around at a sufficient speed without a turbo...I just made the comment that yes it could do with more power, but its gets by with the little its got surprisingly well.

Where's the 'talking up' in that?


-as far as I'm concerned, I'm tired with having to go over my comments with you over, and over, and over and explain the CONTEXT in which I meant them...

Everybody else seemed to get the 'gist' of what I said - thats good enough for me.
 
Hey, N.J. (<- Tee hee that Rhymed!)

Post up a pick of yon wonderous City Monster anyways (Or a picture of one)...

I wanna know what they look like!

C.
 
yeti
Hey, N.J. (<- Tee hee that Rhymed!)

Post up a pick of yon wonderous City Monster anyways (Or a picture of one)...

I wanna know what they look like!

C.

G'day :)

Its a worry isn't it? :rolleyes:

Pictures? - sure, you should see a few I posted on the 1st page.




p.s

Are they coming ok for you? (works ok for me)
 
Back