My day at gamescom-new PSPGT content inside

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 160 comments
I still can´t believe the guys at Giant Bomb went over almost every single boring menu screen and skipped the quick tune options entirely. Their video was almost 20 minutes long :grumpy: Oh well, we will find out ourselves soon enough :sly:

Last edited:
I still can´t believe the guys at Giant Bomb went over almost every single boring menu screen and skipped the quick tune options entirely. Their video was almost 20 minutes long :grumpy: Oh well, we will find out ourselves soon enough :sly:

Thx for feedback, watched it and wellllllll...their review kinda sucked. They could show much more in 18 minutes.

About Quick Tune, i found this in a review late last night from psxextreme.com

http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-reviews/135.html

"But things get worse, as GT PSP commits the ultimate sin, in my eyes. No customization. Sure, you can enter the game's Quick Tune menu and adjust suspension components such as camber, toe, ride-height, spring rate, and damper, but that leaves the other half of the gearhead spectrum (the straight line guys) alone in the dark. Yes, you can add some horsepower to your car, but you can only do it for drift trial mode. And you're not actually adding any components, you're just increasing a little slider that adds up to 20% more power to the car you're in."

I wonder if it can be added to other modes like single race and the reviewer just didn't try or know how. It seems as if itwill be offered in other modes then just drift mode.

Yep, embarrassing actually. :yuck:

...and instead they were having fun with pronouncing words wrong deliberately. My favourite part is when they call the tunnel at Cote d'Azur "definitely Ridge Racer style". Nothing against RR, but that was just a facepalm moment.

To be fair, it is called a "quick look", not actually a review, but even for that the quality is really is on the same level as your average YouTube video. It doesn´t seem like they were actually interested in the game AT ALL - just a couple of overweight men (that´s what I picture them to be, anyways) fooling around for 20 minutes and calling it a day. They could at least have shown some more actual racing, but oh well :indiff: Definitely not a site I will come back to again. Gerstmann might be the "edgy hero" in some people eyes from all the Gamespot drama, but I don´t really see him delivering here. /rant

Last edited:
About Quick Tune, i found this in a review late last night from psxextreme.com

http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-reviews/135.html

"But things get worse, as GT PSP commits the ultimate sin, in my eyes. No customization. Sure, you can enter the game's Quick Tune menu and adjust suspension components such as camber, toe, ride-height, spring rate, and damper, but that leaves the other half of the gearhead spectrum (the straight line guys) alone in the dark. Yes, you can add some horsepower to your car, but you can only do it for drift trial mode. And you're not actually adding any components, you're just increasing a little slider that adds up to 20% more power to the car you're in."

Thank you for the info. Well what to say to that...suckssssssss, still gonna buy the game lol
Btw. MonkeyHero, in order to avoid doubleposts, just use the Edit-button in your very text. :) (original post)

...and instead they were having fun with pronouncing words wrong deliberately. My favourite part is when they call the tunnel at Cote d'Azur "definitely Ridge Racer style". Nothing against RR, but that was just a facepalm moment.

Exactely mate, I laughed my ass off. :lol:

Edit:Nev'rrrrrrrr, I don't believe this, just after acknowledging Monkey... about the Edit-button :banghead::banghead::banghead:, if I'm tired I do often stupid things:crazy:

Latest Posts

Back