My day at gamescom-new PSPGT content inside

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 160 comments
I watched all vids now. So it looks great and plays great too. What about the sound Alex? Can you tell something about that? Or was it not possible to connect earplugs at the show?

I watched all vids now. So it looks great and plays great too. What about the sound Alex? Can you tell something about that? Or was it not possible to connect earplugs at the show?

I didn't use them, therefore I can not say much about the sound sorry but when you look at my F1 video, at one particular part, you can hear the engine quite well. I'd say the sound is definately not worse than in GT4, but better?..I really don't know.

I didn't use them, therefore I can not say much about the sound sorry but when you look at my F1 video, at one particular part, you can hear the engine quite well. I'd say the sound is definately not worse than in GT4, but better?..I really don't know.

I did since I had my ipod headphones with me and the sound is pretty much what you'd expect out of a GT game! There was still quite a bit of ambient noise due to the show but it sounded pretty good to me at least. Veyron sounds real nice :P

Definately not worse than GT4 but a little better I'd put it that way.

[...]
Also, do you know what manufacturers is there over "Honda" and "Hyundai" at 0:32?
Heya mate, I actually shot this video's and mailed them to Jordan, so at first I hope you like them ofcourse :)

Anyway, didn't see anyone with the right answer but the one next to Hyundai actually is Isuzu 💡 Hope that helpful ;)

I just hope you guyes don't think I can't drive :P The speed sensivity is quite tricky, especially without sound it's almost undoable for me personally. I have been sim racing for years in competitions(F1 Challenge 99-02, rFactor, LFS and Netkar Pro) and stuff(with G25) and have been playing GT4, GT HD, GT5:P and Forza MotorSport 2 with both controllers and steering wheels for quite some time now so when I looked at the video's being online I thought it was just the journalists who didn't know how to drive, but it is more tricky than it looks. Which isn't a bad thing on itself, but it's no arcade racer like Race Driver: GRiD which you pick up and go fast with instantly.

Btw, feel really sorry for the dirty screen, didn't notice it that much in real life otherwise I would have cleaned it ofcourse. Because it was the first time I was using my new camera I didn't capture that much either, if I knew it came out so sharp I would have filmed a bit more but it's to late for that now...

Last edited:
How does GT Mobile compare with other Gran Turismos?

Well, it kinda has this "arcady" feel to it, it's "cooler", from the menus to tuning options ('cause they're very limited). The main difference is of course it has no GT mode, as all the other "real" Gran Turismos had, the game consists basically of driving mission, such as in GT4, as far as I know. But it's just right for the PSP you know, I mean it's for a console with which you play "occasionally", in the train etc. The game is fun nonetheless. :dopey:

Well, it kinda has this "arcady" feel to it, it's "cooler", from the menus to tuning options ('cause they're very limited). The main difference is of course it has no GT mode, as all the other "real" Gran Turismos had, the game consists basically of driving mission, such as in GT4, as far as I know. But it's just right for the PSP you know, I mean it's for a console with which you play "occasionally", in the train etc. The game is fun nonetheless. :dopey:

where did you post the new cars? or did you???

First page, pics and links. F...again this stupid doublepost...how did I manage that again?:dunce::lol:

I have never owned a GT game(GT PSP will be the first), but I've played 3 and 4 with my friends 100% memory card, so could you explain GT mode?
I feel like such a noob. :embarrassed:

I have never owned a GT game(GT PSP will be the first), but I've played 3 and 4 with my friends 100% memory card, so could you explain GT mode?
I feel like such a noob. :embarrassed:

LOL, don't have to, you're not the only one here around new to the series.

So well, how to explain it, ok, GT mode consists of the following parts:

-licnece tests (pass them and you're allowed to enter races, the higher the tests, the higher the racing league/ IF you pass them all in gold, you will recieve for each licence (C,B,A,etc.) a car, mostly a rare and awesome one.

-racing leagues: you have all types of them (also rally) some of them are restricted to only 4x4 cars, or by age or weight, you get the idea, winning them brings you cash to buy and collect (and collecting is what it is actually all about, besides the racing of course) new cars and you can win cars by winning the races.

-car dealer: buy awesome cars, that's it lol (there are a LOT of them-GT4 had 724-GTPSP will have all of them and 100+ new ones, so well over 800

-"used" car dealer: buy used and often old cars for little cash (you should when you start GT mode, because you start with only 10.000 credits with which you could buy for example a used toyota with some 150-250 hp)

-and than there is car wash and oil change (car wash for fun, oil change needed after some hundreds of driven miles)

Yeah I guess that's actually it, sounds simple and maybe it is but it is addicting :D

hey alex did you get to play gt5 at all or? (everyone around me was playing like crap and I was looking for someone who could drive properly :D)

hey alex did you get to play gt5 at all or? (everyone around me was playing like crap and I was looking for someone who could drive properly :D)

Yes I did and managed to get 2nd place with prof. physics, have driven only 2 times, 'cause I didn't like the physics and the damage model, hate me if you want. :)

How about you? Did you like it, how often did you drive and which place did manage to get?

No and no, no tuning at all.👎

You sure? I don't mean aftermarket upgrades if that's what you thought I mean. I seen screenshots and videos of menus where you get to adjust things like TCS and tire compounds and stuff. None of the video recorders actually bothered to go through all the tuning options though.

You sure? I don't mean aftermarket upgrades if that's what you thought I mean. I seen screenshots and videos of menus where you get to adjust things like TCS and tire compounds and stuff. None of the video recorders actually bothered to go through all the tuning options though.

On many reviews it is said that you can also adjust the ride height and dampers also. .no sure about any more stuff though.

Before I talk nonesense, I say I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty confident the GC-demo had no tuning at all except yes tires and driving aids.
I could imagine that the full gtpsp will have sth. like suspension, but highly doubt that because I remeber having read on the forums several times that such things (like gear ratio also) are not in the game.
Eventually, I'm very confident about the fact that the tuning options are very limited compared to those of gt5p.
Still, in your place, I would just borrow the game and see for myself, if this feature is absolutely essential for your gaming experience.

There appears to be more options looking at the scroll bar on the right, however, don't think it's quite as detailed as Prologue.

quicktunepsp.jpg

Good enough for me!👍

Back