My Dirtbike - KTM 570 EXC Supermotard

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 77 comments
Nice bike.

The only bike i sometimes ride on is my dad's old montesa trial bike.
(so shifting with the heal instead of the toes :) )

OMG! YOU RIDE TRIALS!? I ride trials! I have a sherco 250!!! Their amazingly light and fun!

Well, i only rode it a couple of times, so not really much. Almost drove of a 3m vertical hill because i accidently let go of the clutch :) stopped like 10cm before, close call.
My dad has a Montesa Honda 349cc from '82.
(click for bigger picture)

Being so old, it's not really a light trial bike :)

Yea Ya dirt bikes are one of my fav things! I got a 07 klx300R, love hitting trail rides and forests on that thing!! And cant help but put it sideways on the rev limiter (10500rpm) constantly :crazy:
Anyone else here ride kawasaki?

Just noticed some new replies!! Yay!

Still got the 2008 CRF450.

Should get a new pic showing Dad and myself wheeling side by side :D

Edit, noticed its not in the correct section either... Wonder if thread was made before correct section...

speaking of bikes, mine still hasn't turned up. Bloody Chinese take forever to do anything!

Shem, its probably being made 4 streets over from where you live, just pop round and hurry the chaps up 👍

They have to export it first. Then Shem imports it.

Just go over and threaten to smash some abaci, Shem. That'll get them cussing in a most singular fashion.
Waiting for bike pics.

So I bought a new bike.

2009 KTM2009 KTM 530 EXC

2060km 46 hours
B&B Bash Plate
B&B Radiator Guards
Fork Bleeders
13-15 front sprockets
ORing Chain 52 Rear
Spare original side guards
Arprovic slipon exhaust
New front tyre HD tubes
Front Sprocket case saver guard
KTM Vibration handlebar clamp
Tool kit books and lots of spares
HD long life coolant

+ he threw in fork oil, gearbox oil, engine oil, a spare front mudguard and a trickle charge battery charger.

1027_10151104424777657_1440687291_n.jpg

68309_10151104423012657_1303946623_n.jpg

An absolute epic bike really, its in such good nick and has plenty of power. I still have my 2008 CRF450 but will look to sell that now (Dads already got dibs on it :lol: ).

Really looking forward to being able to do nice big trips through the forestry's and scrub land and not needing to worry about licenses, cops and trailers.

What's the situation with the law out there regarding riding off-road without a licence? How far away from the road do they count as 'off-road'?

Has to be private property pretty much. Anything state or govt owned and its illegal.

Over the past few years the police have gotten tougher and tougher on cracking down.. even going 45mins out of town and pestering people riding on mountain trails.

So basically the only place to ride an offroad unregistered bike is on some dudes farm property or a moto track.

Has to be private property pretty much. Anything state or govt owned and its illegal.

Over the past few years the police have gotten tougher and tougher on cracking down.. even going 45mins out of town and pestering people riding on mountain trails.

So basically the only place to ride an offroad unregistered bike is on some dudes farm property or a moto track.

I feel safer and more protected already lol.

Congrats on the new cycle Dion, looks sharp, clean, and loads of fun 👍

How is the balance point on that bike for a wheelie?

It'd be almost the same for all dirtbikes.

The big factor would be rider position.
(Modern trials VS Vintage trials VS Modern dirtbike, they all feel pretty much the same anyways.)

So I have been throwing around this idea for some time but over the past week I have finally acted on it!!

Step 1: Purchase a new set of rims
T7WHSNNSC_zoom.jpg

Step 2: Purchase a set of tyres for said rims, Michelin pilot road 2's + tubes.
mich-pilot-road-2.jpg

Step 3: Purchase a 320mm front brake rotor + bracket and a rear brake rotor to fit to Motard Rims.

Step 4: Purchase a new set of Dirt tyres for existing Rims
DUNLOP%20MX71%20LARGE%20PIC.jpg

Step 5: Send front fork and rear spring away to be adjusted to suit your height and weight.

Step 6: Replace kickstarter and rear blinker that you lost on last trial ride :lol:

Step 7: Wait for parts to arrive, fit and enjoy either a trial bike or a motard street bike!!

I already own 2 sets of chains and sprockets so I can have the Motard geared to do about 100mph and the dirt setup about 65-70mph.

Honestly cant wait!!!

I will post up some pics once its all completed and done.

Sounds like its going to be quite the setup man, cat wait to see it.

Those rims look pretty trick.👍
Will we be seeing any of this the future?
Pilotsupermotard.jpg

Didn't even have to look at the sidewall to see that those dirt tires are MX71's, I should know the tread pattern pretty well considering I drilled about 500 screws into the back tire.:lol:

But anyways, that's a good tire.
It'll last quite a while, and you can run really low pressures (10-12psi) due to the sidewall stiffness.

I love that pic!!

I got the MX51 for the front and a 71 for the rear as the trail rides I go on are hard rock / gravel.

And I really hope I could slide it like that :eek:

I have been riding for 20yrs on the dirt, but tarmac and road tyres are new to me, what would you consider being the best way to come to terms with the increased lean angle and grip? Any little exercises I can do or something?

Back