my first gt4 video

you get big props from me nad yeah the camber looked mad in the vid, Wot did you use?

dont you just love the sileighty!!!!:D:D
(NOTE: the car looks abit under-powered imo)

Mil6es
you get big props from me nad yeah the camber looked mad in the vid, Wot did you use?

the parts or tires?

TankSpanker
ya, not bad

angle and entry seemed pretty inconsistent though
but there were a few good looking ones tossed in there

i wont say the same about that ridiculous looking wing though

I was a bit nervous after reading a few other posts that have already appeared in this forum that the physics were messed up to the degree that drifting became impossible - but this video has shown me otherwise

good job all around
and i guess you also get honours of having the first GT4 drift video
(I'm right, right? havent missed any in the main forum???)

btw - how much camber did you throw at that car??? it looks like at least 5 or 6 degrees up front, and 4 or so in the rear

Thanks,the angles 9.0 F/7.6 R

ok... how do u record vids on ur computer... i heard of a video capture card & looked it up on ebay & they range from like $20 & up... i got little cash & wondering what u guys use/prefer

Listen to Tank on this. Also, since the wing incresease downforce, wouldn't it actually hinder your drifting ability? The whole point of drifting is to control oversteer, the whole point of a wing is to prevent oversteer.

Also, is there weight reduction in GT4? If so, I would say lighten that bad boy up.

90crxfreak
ok... how do u record vids on ur computer... i heard of a video capture card & looked it up on ebay & they range from like $20 & up... i got little cash & wondering what u guys use/prefer

That's EXACTLY what I want to know for over a MONTH, and still I haven't got some good advice, if someone could just PLEASE SAY this, there are going to be some major changes in my room, and I REEAAALLLYYYY need some advice, PLEAZZEE :guilty:

YAY DS2!!!! i read in a couple of threads that it was near impossible to drift with the DS2 in GT4 now i have new hope now that i dont have 2 buy the DFP anymore for drifting (to expensive)

Swift
Listen to Tank on this. Also, since the wing incresease downforce, wouldn't it actually hinder your drifting ability? The whole point of drifting is to control oversteer, the whole point of a wing is to prevent oversteer.

Also, is there weight reduction in GT4? If so, I would say lighten that bad boy up.

indeed, it did appear to handle kinda 'chunky' - if that makes any amount of sense to anyone else
but I dont find myself in too much of a position to criticize as i havent had a chance to get my fingers on the game physics yet

nissandrifter
Thanks,the angles 9.0 F/7.6 R

Kill that camber!!! You're practically driving on the sidewalls
take the front back to 4 degrees or less, and the rear to 2.5-3 degrees or less

that much front camber is going to cause you more understeer than anything - you're severly, and i do mean SEVERELY, limiting the size of the contact patch of your front tires at that much camber.

as a general rule of thumb, i never went about 4.5 degrees of camber in GT3, and i very much doubt that the game dynamics have changed so much that you would need as much as you are running
(and if they have, they've taken a serious turn for the worse, and a jog away from realistic levels)
kill the camber

TankSpanker
indeed, it did appear to handle kinda 'chunky' - if that makes any amount of sense to anyone else
but I dont find myself in too much of a position to criticize as i havent had a chance to get my fingers on the game physics yet

Kill that camber!!! You're practically driving on the sidewalls
take the front back to 4 degrees or less, and the rear to 2.5-3 degrees or less

that much front camber is going to cause you more understeer than anything - you're severly, and i do mean SEVERELY, limiting the size of the contact patch of your front tires at that much camber.

as a general rule of thumb, i never went about 4.5 degrees of camber in GT3, and i very much doubt that the game dynamics have changed so much that you would need as much as you are running
(and if they have, they've taken a serious turn for the worse, and a jog away from realistic levels)
kill the camber

thanks for the info
Swift and Tank

nissandrifter
thanks for the info
Swift and Tank

You're welcome! NOw go out there and get us another vid with your progress!:)

To combat future frustration and requests to reupload, try Rapid Share.

Downloading now...

EDIT: Not bad. Not many people fancy Eurobeat music, but I definitely approve! 👍

The Sileighty looks beautiful! Pretty clean drifting, though the only let-down was the drift past the Infinion logo, where the camera panned out to show the whole turn from above. Ah well. Keep it up! 👍

Ten
To combat future frustration and requests to reupload, try Rapid Share.

Downloading now...

EDIT: Not bad. Not many people fancy Eurobeat music, but I definitely approve! 👍

The Sileighty looks beautiful! Pretty clean drifting, though the only let-down was the drift past the Infinion logo, where the camera panned out to show the whole turn from above. Ah well. Keep it up! 👍

thanks ten :)

edit

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/605916/my_gt4_drift.mpg.html

nice vid....might wanna put some more power into that SR-20....sounds really underpowered.....as for the drifting.....nice but looks like u havent mastered the physics of the game yet.....what tires u using? and man u need to get rid of that camber....it looks absolutly ridiculous.....nice first attempt tho.....oh and the wing needs to go....maybe try a lip spoiler but no GT wing please! bye bye

It's all up to personal preference, but I would keep the wing since its the only way you can fine tune the downforce.

You can add more angle to your drifts if your personal settings can handle it by adding more front downforce... or doing the opposite if it seems a bit wild. Some cars look ridiculous with the spoilers, but its a nice tool to have if you are into fine tuning. 👍 Props 👍

Too many people have used Eurobeat in their drift videos.

Pushing the mute button when opening a video made by
someone here has almost become instinctive for this exact reason.

If my opinion means anything, you could probably work on your line
a bit more, assuming you know what that means through grip racing.

Also, you will be able to throw the car around and extend your drifts
more easily if you removed 10 or 15 degrees of camber in the rear.

/rudeness

*takes a nap*

Oh wait, it's 4:20am.. and we aaalll know what that means...

lotus-esprit-sport-350-00.jpg

This will teach you smoothness.

Just throw sims on it.

It has plenty of power and looks fantastic even with the stock rims.

Slurp
Too many people have used Eurobeat in their drift videos.

Pushing the mute button when opening a video made by
someone here has almost become instinctive for this exact reason.

hey i'm on the EUROBEAT bandwagon i think u should jump on to :) it just goes well with drifting i think, especially after watchin initial D:D

nissandrifter
N1 no sim nomore

but anyway thanks everyone for telling the ture,and for that you can request witch car you want me to dirft in the game.

wow thank you...i'm honored.....give me some time.....i need to think on what car i'd really like to see drift. once i come up with "THE" car...i'll definatly post or PM u....till then, i'll keep drifting too....damn now i got a whole new boost of drift energy....thanx man u cured some of my Dori Dori Blues! :cheers:

Oh yeah, SLURP, thanx for the tip on the Lotus....definatly a fun car to grip so i respect it and i know how smooth it is......i'll drift it tonight and see how smooth it is drifting...take it easy bro 👍

Back