My First SEMA Experience: The Good, The Bad, and the Onslaught of Brodozers

Why would anyone in their right mind ever spend $10000 on a burned down car (even if it is a Maybach)?:boggled:

Why would anyone in their right mind ever spend $10000 on a burned down car (even if it is a Maybach)?:boggled:

It did have a huge crowd around it all the time, so from a market perspective, it worked great.

Hey, those (old fashioned/southern style, usually nowadays they have actual off road tires and huge fender flares and tons of unneccessary lighting and skid plates and as many offensive stickers as possible) brodozers are some of the better vehicles there, at least they’re created from common, mass-market vehicles and not rare/uncommon, desirable vehicles that will never be stock again like most of other monstrosities pictured (that LM002 and the 240z are particularly egregious).

But hey, I guess I’m the complete opposite of SEMA’s target demographic and dislike pretty much all vehicle modification. The only thing that appeals to me here is the line of all the Supra generations (was there actually a Mk.1 there?)

I coincidentally was in Vegas a few years ago while SEMA was on (but didn’t go, because even if I was interested I didn’t have a pass since it’s not open to the public) and the whole town was full of those middle-aged men that you mention, usually wearing their hard cards around their neck at all times. I guess that is the type of person Vegas is always full of though.

It did have a huge crowd around it all the time, so from a market perspective, it worked great.
Sure, but watching it and buying it are quite different. I do fully understand them renting it for the show, though; it makes a good crowd attractor.

It was a whirlwind experience going to that. And you had to walk through every hall else miss weirdly placed stuff like the hybrid rallycross car.

Yeah there was a jungle of bro dozers, but man you still would trip over inspiring cars. Quad rotor rx7, big bore 240sx running race gas, gorgeous jeeps, most of the formula D field, an R63 AMG, 300SL kit cars, vw scirracco, mustangs and camaros in every shade.

Booths with iRacing, Forza, and GT sport rigs were intermixed, most with prizes.

Honest, cool time. Honest lotta walking.

Awesome write up Joe! Sounds like an absolute blast! We have the CRC Speedshow over here in NZ which is pretty neat but of course it can't hold a candle to SEMA!

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Andre Klebleyev's Most Wanted M3 GTR build yet... Need For Speed's twitter did though:

I think I just fell in love. Again.

Exactly how I feel about the brodozer culture...
SEMA_Brodozer-3.jpg

45487239_10218177358964819_5366441944203395072_n.jpg

Back