My issue with GT Sport

  • Thread starter Thread starter CHEN255
  • 22 comments
  • 1,390 views
Same. As the years pass, I find I have less time to invest in videogames, so I have a ton of games just sitting around taking up space when I could be selling them to someone who will use them. I did take a week off to play Yakuza Kiwami last month, however. It was worth it, but I've already forgotten about it and got sucked back into GTS...
 
I was but I got Skyrim VR for Christmas and it's taken my attention. I've reached a bit of a plateau with GT Sport at Dr: B, I know I can still improve but I also know that it will take me a lot of time to do so.
 
GT Sport is a fantastic game, online and offline. 10/10.
One big problem I have with it though is that I am not playing my other games enough because I usually end up playing GT Sport.

Don't get into Steam. It takes that problem to a whole other level. :P

"Ooo, a sale, let me buy all these interesting games for cheap!" Cue six months later where you have maybe 10 minutes logged on most of them, because you booted them to make sure they worked and then went back to your main game.
 
Self restraint with my cash and game time leaves me with only 4 titles I need.
AC
PC2
GT Sport
COD WW2
 
My Issue is that despite the addition of the offline Arcade modes, i still only pop GT sport in to do daily workout and then quit out and play another game. there still isnt enough intensive for me personally to play more than that. maybe on rare occasion i'll hop onto online to join a lobby and do a clean race or cafe/trackday. but thats it really... shame.
 
I rotate GTS, Overwatch and FIFA 18. I just love multiplayer gaming :)
 
I deleted COD and Battlefront from my Amazon wishlist before my wife went Christmas shopping for me. I only play GTS when there are 10 lap Gr3 races or Fifa 18 and I cannot see this changing for a long time.
 
I still have to get stuck into Wolfenstein. Would also like to play F1 2017 and Dirt 4, but GTS gets all the time even though I still have a love hate relationship with it.
 
I haven’t done anything but FIA races since they started with the ridiculously exaggerated fuel usage and tire wear in the C daily race. I’m all for pit strategy but not in a short 8-10 lap race.
 
I haven’t done anything but FIA races since they started with the ridiculously exaggerated fuel usage and tire wear in the C daily race. I’m all for pit strategy but not in a short 8-10 lap race.

I haven't touched the FIA races since the first 3 races. Won the first race and then it did the all cars stuck on grid bug the other 2 races, so it put me off.
 
I haven't played anything else since I bought GTS. My first wheel too so playing anything with a pad doesn't feel interesting right now..
 
Same deal here: ever since I got GT Sport I haven't touched GTA 5 and Online(thank God, that game sucked IMO), Just Cause 3 has been collecting dust since September and ai haven't even played Infamous yet.
 
Same here, i have Wolfenstein 2, Call of Duty WWII and The Long Dark, but lately everytime i start my PS4 i end up starting up GT S :lol: and i can't get myself to quit racing and play other games, but it is a good luxury problem to have :).
 
I haven't picked up anything since getting GT Sport. Still to work through Uncharted and Horizon DLC and my next purchases will be Shadow of the Colossus and Yakuza 6.
 
I'm only looking forward to DB Fighter Z, Monster Hunter World and Yakuza 6.
 
There was this study buy the World Health Organization that talked about video game addiction. It says you're addicted when you place video gaming over more physical things like school work and hanging out with friends... I took some time to realise that, after owning GT Sport for three weeks, I've already put nearly 50 hours into it and already some of the symptoms are showing. I neglected to do an assignment and didn't go out with my friends... I think... I think it's time for an intervention.

Realistically though, GT sport is a great game and I probably should spend less time playing.
 
There was this study buy the World Health Organization that talked about video game addiction. It says you're addicted when you place video gaming over more physical things like school work and hanging out with friends... I took some time to realise that, after owning GT Sport for three weeks, I've already put nearly 50 hours into it and already some of the symptoms are showing. I neglected to do an assignment and didn't go out with my friends... I think... I think it's time for an intervention.

Realistically though, GT sport is a great game and I probably should spend less time playing.
you could do what I do, limit yourself to 1hr of GT sport a day. that way you still bang in 5hrs a week, then on the weekends only 30min and instead go out with friends / family / w.e
 
you could do what I do, limit yourself to 1hr of GT sport a day. that way you still bang in 5hrs a week, then on the weekends only 30min and instead go out with friends / family / w.e

I get 5 hours a night at this point lol. 5 hours a week? I NEED my fix though....
 
In GTS, If I'm not in the lobbies practicing or running an event with friends, I mostly do the dailies with Gr3 cars and good/enjoyable track combo. When i don't feel like it, I pick up Assassins Creed Origins. Don't play many games at once anyway so that works for me until I'm done with AC Origins and move on to the next which looks like it might Red Dead Redemption 2
 
Back