My media must go!

• Thread starter Lain
  • 87 comments

Lain

Premium
United States
Pasadena, TX
Yaywalter
I know the rule is one thread per item, but I hope moderators can make an exception here. Posting each item in its own thread in this case would be ridiculous.

I'm basically looking to get rid of the majority of my videogame, movie, music and anime collections. I'm not looking to make a profit... I could just throw them away if I wanted, but I'd prefer the stuff find new homes. So I'm giving everything here away completely, absolutely free. The only condition is that you must live in the United States for me to be able to mail it to you, sorry. Also, to avoid any misunderstanding or disappointment, all the items are disc-only. No cases or manuals included with anything.

Also, to give everyone a fair chance, I'm only accepting one item request per individual per week. So don't ask me to go ahead and send you everything on the list. One item a week for each person, period. 168 hours after you've requested one item, i'll accept another request from you. Send me a PM with your request and the address you'd like me to mail the item to. I won't actually start mailing items out until next week though, so be patient. I'll still take requests in the meantime, so without further ado...

The list is down temporarily. I'll repost it in about 2 weeks. :)

Claimed
Blue Gender (Claimed by CAMikaze)
Boogiepop Phantom (Claimed by Cano)
Cowboy Bebop (Claimed by Cano)
Evangelion 1.11 (Blu-ray) (Claimed by ranhammerR34)
Evangelion 2.22 (Blu-ray) (Claimed by Cano)
Ghost In The Shell (Claimed by KaBob799)
Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence (Claimed by KaBob799)
Howl’s Moving Castle (Claimed by Gravitron)
My Neighbor Totoro (Claimed by nk4e)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Claimed by nk4e)
NGE: Death & Rebirth (Claimed by Sephy)
Planetes (Claimed by jeffgoddin)
Please Teacher! (Claimed by CAMikaze)
Ponyo (Claimed by jeffgoddin)
RahXephon (Claimed by CAMikaze)
Princess Mononoke (Claimed by nick09)
Summer Wars (Blu-ray) (Claimed by meow44)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Claimed by jeffgoddin)
Voices of a Distant Star (Claimed by JurianChi)
Mulholland Dr. (Claimed by hel)
Requiem for a Dream (Claimed by hel)
The Social Network (Claimed by Robin.)
Fallout 3 (Claimed by n1nj4ofshr3d)
Forza Motorsport 3 (Claimed by SohnVonStig)
Lego Batman (Claimed by Kamira)
Lost Odyssey (Claimed by Mush)
Mass Effect 2 (Claimed by Alert Games)
Pure (Claimed by astrosdude91)
Chrono Trigger (Claimed by Eric.)
Final Fantasy VII (Claimed by n1nj4ofshr3d)
Final Fantasy VIII (Claimed by ZeroSoul)
Mechwarrior 2 (Claimed by n1nj4ofshr3d)
Beyond Good and Evil (Claimed by Acid)
Enthusia Professional Racing (Claimed by Robin.)
Gran Turismo 4 (Claimed by SohnVonStig)
Okami (Claimed by nick09)
Persona 3 FES (Claimed by PandaApex)
Persona 4 (Claimed by Rotary Junkie)
Shadow of the Colossus (Claimed by CyrusRoberto)
Xenosaga Episode 1 (Claimed by Qwilderwibben)
Yakuza (Claimed by nick09)
Zone of the Enders (Claimed by Ferret)
Burnout Paradise (Claimed by RoyaltyB)
Far Cry 2 (Claimed by FOREVERTHEMAN3)
God of War 3 (Claimed by Gravitron)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (Claimed by leowan731)

Last edited:
Please don't tell me you're doing this because you got a girlfriend who disapproves... If you're self motivated, though, that's okay, I look forward to seeing what anime you post!

Nah, it's entirely self-motivated. I wish it were for a girlfriend though, at least then i'd be getting some [dinner]. :sly:

Updated the list with the anime. Most of it anyway. :P

edited by moderting staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you even watched all those shows yet? I remember you saying you went on some wild compulsive shopping spree for the sake of collecting, and now you're scrapping it all. :odd:

Have you even watched all those shows yet? I remember you saying you went on some wild compulsive shopping spree for the sake of collecting, and now you're scrapping it all. :odd:

All of them? Nah, some of them didn't grab my interest. I watched most of them though.
I'm getting rid of 'em partly because having such a large collection is a burden, despite the fact that I got rid of all the cases and just kept the discs in large binders. I'm in the US Navy and I'll finally be assigned to a ship later this year, and personal space is quite limited. There won't be any shortages of things to do aboard a ship. I'll be busy most of the time, and when I'm not, my shipmates will undoubtedly have external hard drives full of movies and games to kill time with.

That, and I've got as much enjoyment out of these items as I can, so I figured I'd pass them on so that other people can enjoy them too.

Watch your mouth, boy! Just for that, you have to send me Enthusia with $50 taped to the disc.

Good picks, everybody. 👍

I'll be updating the list later tonight with movies and music.

pm sent, yo. I know, I'm in Mexico. But I have an adress in the US where I send stuff to. Hey, you can't blame me for trying.

EDIT: YAY!

Last edited:
Finally added the movies. I probably won't add the music tonight like I was planning.

Just a suggestion, given the current response rate and your intention to start sending out next week and then allowing one additional pick per week after that, I might say at this point to open it up to two picks per week to save yourself some postage in getting all this media moved, which I really appreciate you offering to this community.

And in case anybody wondered, Ponyo is going to a FRIEND of mine, not me. I thought about Onegai Sensei, but knew my friend would appreciate a Miyazaki more than I would a DVD of an anime I haven't watched yet (ahem, bakabt, ahem).

Thank you for the suggestion. In more than a few instances, I would indeed save on postage. But I'm not too concerned about money, and I'd like to allow as many people to get something, so I'm sticking to one item per week.

Also, while this list is the majority of what I'm giving away, there are a number of items I'm holding back. Either because I still want a chance to enjoy them, or I've lent them to friends. They'll be up for grabs as well, eventually. I don't want to give a complete list of these items now, but they're mostly anime, with some movies, and a couple PS2/PS3 games.

Pm'd twice :dopey:

First pick was the first pm I sent you, although OMNIS may have already claimed enthusia?

Last edited:
Back