My mom wants a new car.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TopHat
  • 199 comments
  • 7,530 views
Well.... The Suzuki got a 35 from CR.... :crazy: I'm not sure my mom likes it as much.

Also, the Focus ZX5 SES with all options available is only 20,135!

But, you can get a mighty nice Jetta for 22k also!

If there was to be a Scion bought, it would be the xB, and the Jeep is a Jeep, so thats a no no.
 
So then. As we've been drawing ever closer to August, a few more options have opened up.


One of them is the Mitsubishi Lancer, a great looking car, and very well equipped at 20k. A GTS is a bit much on the outside, but the ES looks great.


Another is the Jetta Sportwagen, soon to be realeased, and the pricing is starting around 18k.

Hopefully, the Subaru Impreza 5-door will be out soon aswell.
t
I'm gonna equip a few cars just for her in a bit. I'll tell you guys what she does and doesn't like. :)
 
Hopefully, the Subaru Impreza 5-door will be out soon aswell.
I'm not sure whats going to happen to pricing for the 08s, but last summer I bargained a 07 Impreza 2.5i wagon down to $20,000 even with tax, delivery, everything (my parents bought one).
 
Yeah but the Subie has AWD and everything like that standard, I'd be suprised to see hubcaps on one aswell.
 
I'm all for the Jetta SportWagen. Optioned up correctly, the car should be quite good. The standard 2.5L 170 BHP I5 should be more than enough for most people, but the 2.0L FSI 200 BHP I4 is a good option, and the late-coming 2.0L TDI with 140 BHP should fare well too...

...Only problem is, shortly after the debut VW will bring along the SportWagen GLI, and that IMO, is the best VW money can buy...
 
It has returned from the dead! This might acutally happen. One small little change: Minivan! Or just about anything that seats more than 5, short of an SUV. So, input is appreciated!

(I do this for my family quite a bit. :S)
 
022032.1-lg.jpg


Yeah... [/thread]
 
:drool:


Do want.... not sure if my mom would. You never know. Buuuut...
Me
Must seat more than 5

Grr. If only we got the Sharan...
 
mb003yj4.jpg

Seats seven; 1998 E320 blue-books well within your budget. :)
 
Whoops! Forgot to add this:

Must be reliable (fairly). ;)
 
As of right now, I think that the Mazda 5 is the most likely choice, and I don't have a problem with that.
 
Take the Kia off the list for your own sake! My mom has one and it is crap but if it matters it is a 2003. It has died twice and it is just an eyesore. I would highly NOT recommend it.
 
The Hyundai/Kia was redesigned in 06.
 
Whoops! Forgot to add this:

Must be reliable (fairly). ;)
The really funny part is that that statement couldn't be further from the truth for the Mercedes (well, maybe if it was a W126), and it does apply in a hilarious way to the Jetta that you so lust.
 
I haven't mentioned a Jetta since the last time the thread was active, and needs have changed.
 
Back