My Nurburgring Time Trials Collection and Ranking

• Thread starter 4GT 911
  • 62 comments
Realized last night I actually haven't ever turned a lap of the 'Ring with the AMG GT Black Series. It was a little sloppy, but on SS tires I got a sub 7 min time. I think PP was 683. My only criticism of the car is the front end gets lighter as you go faster and creates more understeer.

I am doing the circuit experience at this track and man it is WAY different to GTS. The track feels narrower, it's really off putting, like the M6 is too big for it. It just doesn't feel right and I am way slower than I was in GTS.
That’s interesting to hear, I used to run Nurb on GTS a lot and when I switched to GT7 I felt right back at home. Good luck with the circuit experience!

Realized last night I actually haven't ever turned a lap of the 'Ring with the AMG GT Black Series. It was a little sloppy, but on SS tires I got a sub 7 min time. I think PP was 683. My only criticism of the car is the front end gets lighter as you go faster and creates more understeer.
Nice one! Guess I have to buy the Black Series now :)

That’s interesting to hear, I used to run Nurb on GTS a lot and when I switched to GT7 I felt right back at home. Good luck with the circuit experience!
Agreed. I probably know the Ring better than almost every other (real) track in the series, and golded the circuit experience in less than 90 minutes.

The Castrol Supra, one of my favourite GT cars of all time. This car handles like a dream come true. Sounds amazing and looks astonishingly beautiful. The acceleration is excellent, although top speed could be better. Competetive under 800PP, but not as fast as my Pagani Zonda. Overall its such a joy to drive it and just looking at it. A real GT classic.

Another charging bull tested on the Ring is the Lamborghini Diablo GT. Older brother of the Aventador, not quite as fast as, but what a machine it is. Splendid note of the 6L V12 engine makes for immense driving pleasure in the cockpit. Quite agile with great handling. That aggressive characteristic styling is a sight to behold on the track. All of that with a manual stick shifter to tame that power. Stands at the middle of the pack under the 700PP category, just below it's younger brother Aventador and AMG GT-R.

Curious which cars are your favourite ones around the ring
Will a start this weekend, the method I will use will be one cold lap and the next lap only, no ghost. Will possibly save replays and post to YT

Last edited:
Will a start this weekend, the method I will use will be one cold lap and the next lap only, no ghost. Will possibly save replays and post to YT
Thats how i was doing it, 2 laps max per car. But im rubbish and cant get under 7 minutes.
Another charging bull tested on the Ring is the Lamborghini Diablo GT. Older brother of the Aventador, not quite as fast as, but what a machine it is. Splendid note of the 6L V12 engine makes for immense driving pleasure in the cockpit. Quite agile with great handling. That aggressive characteristic styling is a sight to behold on the track. All of that with a manual stick shifter to tame that power. Stands at the middle of the pack under the 700PP category, just below it's younger brother Aventador and AMG GT-R.

45 seconds faster than my diablo time, it was months back but jeez, thats a long time. Bravo
I will dust mine off in the morning see if i can narrow the gap

Last edited:
I've actually been running laps on Nordschleife for quote some time now. I run factory setups on Comforts Softs or less (race cars get Racing Hards or less) from a standing start. I've documented each lap I've done on a spreadsheet.

I've actually been running laps on Nordschleife for quote some time now. I run factory setups on Comforts Softs or less (race cars get Racing Hards or less) from a standing start. I've documented each lap I've done on a spreadsheet.

Fantastic

Green = probably drunk.
Blue = definitely drunk
:D

Must have been a battle with some of those cars, on CS!.

I may jump on board with this for myself ,keep stock but with slightly better grade of tyre.

B80
Green = probably drunk.
Blue = definitely drunk
:D

Must have been a battle with some of those cars, on CS!.

I may jump on board with this for myself ,keep stock but with slightly better grade of tyre.
Separating drink drive times, excellent idea..gave up on daily races today because i was 4 cans in.🍺🤣

Seeing that wonderful spreadsheet I don't know if I can improve on that, so I guess I will focus my efforts on strictly road cars, starting with low Hp going to high. With the low power cars I will only be doing one lap (time considerations).
Same requirements cars will be driven as issued stock with no mods, not changing tyres. Will give comments as needed, and top speed recorded during lap runs.

Last edited:

See what I get with my stock Cosworth 8:21 to aim for.

Separating drink drive times, excellent idea..gave up on daily races today because i was 4 cans in.🍺🤣

Make the most of it. December update will include a feature where we have to breath into the controller prior to each race/session. Over the limit? Please come back in a few hours (or days).

B80
Make the most of it. December update will include a feature where we have to breath into the controller prior to each race/session. Over the limit? Please come back in a few hours (or days).
Hahaha, could be on to something there..dualsense won't work unless you breath under 200mg

My new personal best under 600PP - Subaru Impreza 22B with a hotlap of 7:04.6. What a performant car it is, leaves my Testarossa and Silvia S14 in the dust. The boxer engine packing almost 400HP drives some serious punch and sounds great in the cockpit. The steering and control of this car is phenomenal, giving extreme grip even on harder compounds. Driver always knows where the car will go, allowing the car to be pushed to the limit on the track. A real joy and pleasant driving sensation.

My new personal best under 600PP - Subaru Impreza 22B with a hotlap of 7:04.6. What a performant car it is, leaves my Testarossa and Silvia S14 in the dust. The boxer engine packing almost 400HP drives some serious punch and sounds great in the cockpit. The steering and control of this car is phenomenal, giving extreme grip even on harder compounds. Driver always knows where the car will go, allowing the car to be pushed to the limit on the track. A real joy and pleasant driving sensation.

So your fastest 600pp lap is the same as my 700pp lap. Need more practice.🤣

I greatly enjoy running time attacks on Nordschleife, it's my favourite track to drive, but I have no friends that play Gran Turismo to share and compare with the times and beautiful cars. Recently I started recording my best runs on YT, there are not many people watching it, but I though someone might like it and we could compare and discuss the cars we had most fun with.

Here is my ranking so far:

800+PP
RX7 4 rotor - 6:09.2

800PP
Pagani Zonda R - 6:01.5
Toyota Castrol Supra GT500 - 6:05.3

700PP
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R - 6:27.3
Dodge Viper GTS '02 - 6:28.5
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '11 - 6:28.8
Mercedes AMG GT R '17 - 6:30.9
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00 - 6:31:4
Honda NSX '92 - 6:33.5
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - 6:34.8
Ferrari GTO '84 - 6:35.0
Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 - 6:38.2

600PP
Subaru Impreza 22B - 7:04.6
Ferrari Testarossa - 7:10.0
Nissan Silvia S14 - 7:16.7

Stay tuned for more car tests.
I’m 67 and did the Nurburgring in a Dodge Tomahawk in 4:58.9

I greatly enjoy running time attacks on Nordschleife, it's my favourite track to drive, but I have no friends that play Gran Turismo to share and compare with the times and beautiful cars. Recently I started recording my best runs on YT, there are not many people watching it, but I though someone might like it and we could compare and discuss the cars we had most fun with.

Here is my ranking so far:

800+PP
RX7 4 rotor - 6:09.2

800PP
Pagani Zonda R - 6:01.5
Toyota Castrol Supra GT500 - 6:05.3

700PP
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R - 6:27.3
Dodge Viper GTS '02 - 6:28.5
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '11 - 6:28.8
Mercedes AMG GT R '17 - 6:30.9
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00 - 6:31:4