My obsession with the Nordschleife (Assetto Corsa)

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 206 comments
Currently obsessed with Spa. Planning on learning and becomming obsessed with the ring as soon as I download the Dream Pack :D I am determined to master it now that we have such a brilliant version in AC.
e656dc01708b2630a24a51485624e793.jpg

................Planning on learning and becomming obsessed with the ring as soon as I download the Dream Pack :D I am determined to master it now that we have such a brilliant version in AC......................

Any idea on how we could go about creating.........and what the price it would be to get an online "approved members only" Nurb Track server up and running 24/7? Is that feasible? Could we organize a GTPlanet Members only Server? Man it would be nice to be able to jump in an out of that track anytime.....where everybody knows your name (theme music please.....)...........:bowdown:

Any idea on how we could go about creating.........and what the price it would be to get an online "approved members only" Nurb Track server up and running 24/7? Is that feasible? Could we organize a GTPlanet Members only Server? Man it would be nice to be able to jump in an out of that track anytime.....where everybody knows your name (theme music please.....)...........:bowdown:
Damn that's a great idea, no obligations just all of us blasting around there with different cars on different times of the day. A virtual trackday at Nur that never ends, who knows who you are going to run in to and which car they will be sporting :dopey:

Damn that's a great idea, no obligations just all of us blasting around there with different cars on different times of the day. A virtual trackday at Nur that never ends, who knows who you are going to run in to and which car they will be sporting :dopey:
Sad truth is you'll end up with a server with no one on it.

Sad truth is you'll end up with a server with no one on it.

Or a server that's over-crowded, only at a certain points of the day and dead the rest... Anything is possible really.

I'm going to find a meme to fit that into for the GT6 thread :lol:, it'll be interesting to un-learn my 'full-brake all-time' habit from GT's super-ABS.

^That's the video that initially got me interesting in furthering my sim-racing beyond GT, the way everything just works, how you can hear the P1 scrap the tarmac over the bumps, looking forward to doing the same in AC here shortly. đź‘Ť

Video description:

Yes, it's here and it's awesome!

I decided to try M235i as the first car on Nordschleife, because it's the closest one to the Toyota I drove in 2014. In Assetto Corsa it feels like GT86 CS-V3 on steroids - more power, but also more weight. Except for more wobbliness, especially on turn-ins, I could drive it in a very similar way as GT86 in real life.

Nordschleife is fantastic - there are some small issues, but all bumps, cambers and elevation changes are perfect. I got in the car and on the first lap I was only 10 seconds slower than on this one. I could really drive the same way as I did in VLN.

Grip levels are a bit too high in this video though. In reality, this car is 10-15km/h slower in pretty much all corners in optimal conditions.

Curbs and grass are also not the strongest point of Assetto Corsa. You can push the car really hard, without worrying you'll crash after cutting too much. I would be a bit more cautious in reality.

Setup was pretty much default, only less fuel, which gives 1-2 seconds. I can see another 1-2 seconds if in the lap.

After 1.1 update i spend 10 hours on our server with club mates, driving, testing, simply having fun on every Ring layout.
Morning, ar. 4 am i knew it. I'm in love.

@Kurei, thanks for att my vid đź‘Ť

Tried the P1 on the ring this afternoon, kept telling myself "drive it like you would in real life", but then i just forgot about that and drove videogamish wildly again riding the curbs until somewhere after 10km's i screwed up again.

How many takes you need to make this video @rauf00 ? :)

........................Grip levels are a bit too high in this video though. ..................Setup was pretty much default, only less fuel, which gives 1-2 seconds. I can see another 1-2 seconds if in the lap..............

Nice writeup...thanks! Were you using default track settings? I have been running ambient track temp "10c", track surface "OLD", cars on their hardest tires and haven't even tried the default track settings yet.............:eek:

Nice writeup...thanks! Were you using default track settings? I have been running ambient track temp "10c", track surface "OLD", cars on their hardest tires and haven't even tried the default track settings yet.............:eek:
Sorry,the video is not mine.

Love supercars, i remember starting FM5 and at first pushing P1 against LaF :P

It's so much more living in Assetto, i could take a week of holiday just for shaving times in touge around Ring.

Hypercars Battle LAFERRARI vs MCLAREN P1 on laser RING Fanatec V2 3xLCD

Haven't been on the "Ring" in over a year, after I stopped being a GT6 participant and went to iRacing. Assetto Corsa + GTR GT3 = heaven :cheers:

Back