My obsession with the Nordschleife (Assetto Corsa)

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 206 comments
Any idea on how we could go about creating.........and what the price it would be to get an online "approved members only" Nurb Track server up and running 24/7? Is that feasible? Could we organize a GTPlanet Members only Server? Man it would be nice to be able to jump in an out of that track anytime.....where everybody knows your name (theme music please.....)...........:bowdown:

Hey Dopple, FYI, I found a mod on Racedepartment where this guy created 108 AI slots for Nurburgring..............my i7-7700K/GTX1070 cant quite handle all of them .....yet, but I'm going to experiment around with settings to see if i can get it to work......................... imagine having 108 autonomous cars on the track at one time.........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Cheers.

Assetto Corsa makes me upset about my refusal to get a wheel that works on the Xbox One. I find AC's version of the Nordschleife to be AMAZING! But I just can't get settled into racing the sim with a controller. Within a month, I hope to have my PC finished and I'll be able to take to my lowly CSR and see how AC really feels (and looks... :P). But damn... The Nordschleife is amazing.

My two cents.

The Nordschleife is great but I think I have driven it too much over the years. The driving line has become internalized in my brain to the point where it's not as exciting as it used to be.

Assetto Corsa makes me upset about my refusal to get a wheel that works on the Xbox.

I have a similar concern on PS4. I keep reading that some of the supported wheels for the console version suffer from bugs that Kunos haven't fixed after several months. If true, Kunos need to work on their priorities! So I have no idea what wheel to buy in order to get most out of the game and then there's also the uncertainty which constantly hovers around consoles. Will custom button mapping work the way we hope it will? Will online bugs get fixed? Will the new AI translate nicely to consoles? It has almost been a year since AC released on consoles, so it's definitely time to get the basic stuff sorted.

Hey Dopple, FYI, I found a mod on Racedepartment where this guy created 108 AI slots for Nurburgring..............my i7-7700K/GTX1070 cant quite handle all of them .....yet, but I'm going to experiment around with settings to see if i can get it to work......................... imagine having 108 autonomous cars on the track at one time.........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Cheers.
I'd like to see a video with a static camera and 108 different cars do fly bys.

I'd like to see a video with a static camera and 108 different cars do fly bys.

Is there such a thing as a static camera? I have been able to get all 108 cars to run together in a single race, then play back the recording in isolated view of a single car. Scrolling thru the entire field of 108 cars works too ..............but static view would be cool..... :eek:...đź‘Ť

Is there such a thing as a static camera? I have been able to get all 108 cars to run together in a single race, then play back the recording in isolated view of a single car. Scrolling thru the entire field of 108 cars works too ..............but static view would be cool..... :eek:...đź‘Ť
Sorry just saw this. No there is not a static camera ( on console anyway) that focuses just on one stretch of tarmac. But what I do is park my car somewhere where I want the camera focusing on and just let the cars fly by.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Tourist. Such a fun car to drive! Also, really hope console will soon have Nurburgring Tourist as an option when making online custom lobbies.

Nice run. What a car, eh? I had no idea that the Tourist layout was off limits to online play with the console version. Actually, I don't know if PC players can use it online either - I'm sure we can, I've just never tried. I've been running on the Tourist layout most of my Nordschleife runs as of late. I don't pay attention to my overall lap time when I run the Tourist layout. I'm so sick and tired of seeing my terrible lap times with the full Nordschleife layout... :(

I had no idea that the Tourist layout was off limits to online play with the console version.

We can use it online but only in the generic public lobbies that we can't customize. The issue is when creating a custom lobby the Tourist layout is not an option.

We can use it online but only in the generic public lobbies that we can't customize. The issue is when creating a custom lobby the Tourist layout is not an option.
That makes a whole lotta sense! :rolleyes: :banghead: Someone should ask in the official console forum. There has got to be some weird reason. I just can't think of what the hell it might be off the top of my head.

Sorry just saw this. No there is not a static camera ( on console anyway) that focuses just on one stretch of tarmac. But what I do is park my car somewhere where I want the camera focusing on and just let the cars fly by.

Yes, thanks! I just started using an Oculus VR and it occurred to me right away I can simply get out of my car at any location on the track and watch the race from any point of view quite easily......đź‘Ť

That makes a whole lotta sense! :rolleyes: :banghead: Someone should ask in the official console forum. There has got to be some weird reason. I just can't think of what the hell it might be off the top of my head.
I did just after the last update. The issue stems from only being able to select "Race" in the lobby and Tourist can't be raced on. The person responsible admitted it was an oversight and hadn't even thought about that. They said that they wouldn't be able to sort it until the next update.

Yes, thanks! I just started using an Oculus VR and it occurred to me right away I can simply get out of my car at any location on the track and watch the race from any point of view quite easily......đź‘Ť
Yes I've seen a couple videos like that and I just thought how awesome that would be to just stand on the side of the road and watch the cars fly by.

@1:50 for anyone interested.

A couple of developments since my last post. My PC isn't finished yet, I just got to get a graphics card. I want a EVGA GTX 1070 SC. That should be plenty for me, but I was finally able to run AC with my Fanatec CSR, thanks to a Drive Hub adapter. Even though the Xbox has the weakest version of AC, I am blown away by how it feels. Amazing.

Since the wheel is working and all, I have found a new appreciation and respect for the Nordschleife. It's incredibly challenging, but so rewarding to run with a wheel. In fact for the longest, I wasn't able to complete one lap with out losing control and smacking the side walls. It wasn't because of the sim. It was my lack of skill. I have been playing Forza for far too long. But that all changed today because I finally completed at least one clean lap. Mind you, it was in the Mx5 NA, but I finally did it. :)

I've seen a whole bunch of Nordschleife rooms online (Xbox). I don't think I have the talent to join them yet. But I did just complete 2 clean laps in the Maserati MC12. So, I'm getting there.

Last edited:
A couple of developments since my last post. My PC isn't finished yet, I just got to get a graphics card. I want a EVGA GTX 1070 SC. That should be plenty for me, but I was finally able to run AC with my Fanatec CSR, thanks to a Drive Hub adapter. Even though the Xbox has the weakest version of AC, I am blown away by how it feels. Amazing.

Since the wheel is working and all, I have found a new appreciation and respect for the Nordschleife. It's incredibly challenging, but so rewarding to run with a wheel. In fact for the longest, I wasn't able to complete one lap with out losing control and smacking the side walls. It wasn't because of the sim. It was my lack of skill. I have been playing Forza for far too long. But that all changed today because I finally completed at least one clean lap. Mind you, it was in the Mx5 NA, but I finally did it. :)

I've seen a whole bunch of Nordschleife rooms online (Xbox). I don't think I have the talent to join them yet. But I did just complete 2 clean laps in the Maserati MC12. So, I'm getting there.
Awesome! I know how you felt. Something has been going on with me for 8-12 months -- I rarely complete a lap on Nordschleife now. There's always a corner when I blow it. That's so frustrating too because I know the Nordschleife better than any other circuit. Something is going on with me - almost to the point where I don't even want to drive a real car anymore...that's for the sake of other drivers. I think I go for another MRI in December.

Once you get your PC up and running, you've got to head over to Race Department and download the Need For Speed Tournament Class A. That's the Lamborghini Diablo & Ferrari 512 TR. Then, download the Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota. The Jota is made by the same guys who are recreating all of the NFS 1 cars and they're a lot of fun. :cheers:

Sorry the post has been edited enjoy.:)
Nice videos. Do you play with just you, your car and the road ahead of you? No on-screen apps like track map or a fancy tachometer/speedometer? Or do you just shut them off to make the replays look much nicer and cleaner? I've been trying to do more runs without anything on my screen...I can't believe how dependent I got with the SideKick app. In a way, I have no choice because in order to position my driver's eyes properly based on the FoV I use, I often can't see any of the instruments like Speedo or Tach.

Nice videos. Do you play with just you, your car and the road ahead of you? No on-screen apps like track map or a fancy tachometer/speedometer? Or do you just shut them off to make the replays look much nicer and cleaner? I've been trying to do more runs without anything on my screen...I can't believe how dependent I got with the SideKick app. In a way, I have no choice because in order to position my driver's eyes properly based on the FoV I use, I often can't see any of the instruments like Speedo or Tach.
I do hot laps or racing against AI.Most of the time I use only tire app.My CSL Elite shows which gear I am and the rev lights.Too much apps on the screen distract me.

Last edited:
Back