My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
Misha is no longer at Ring Garage but it is better if you send an email to him at Apex, also if I remember Apex has a discount for new customers as well.

Hmmm, never heard of that garage. Haven't watched too many recent Misha videos, so unless this happened really recently, then none of the usual sites I read for Ring info have anything on that garage. Guess I'll check his channel for that info.

Hey, I just wanted to share this amazing video with you, I don't know if it has been posted already...

So, would you still say modern sims have photorealistic graphics? Now PCars2 looks like s....

Enjoy :cheers:

What exactly is this? Movie grade CGI or something? OMG if that is the future of racing games I need to grow old :eek:

You can skip ahead to 4:50

Bridetograntry.com also did a good job highlighting the updates. I tried to ask him in a FB comment, but didn't get a reply; I've never had a problem with this corner virtually, so I don't quite understand why in seems to attract crashes (other than showing off, I know very well it didn't get the nickname YouTube corner for nothing). Is it really all that difficult of a corner, especially for noobs? Maybe I haven't watched quite enough N24/VLN races, but I can't recall too many incidents during those either.

Someone shed some light about this.

Bridetograntry.com also did a good job highlighting the updates. I tried to ask him in a FB comment, but didn't get a reply; I've never had a problem with this corner virtually, so I don't quite understand why in seems to attract crashes (other than showing off, I know very well it didn't get the nickname YouTube corner for nothing). Is it really all that difficult of a corner, especially for noobs? Maybe I haven't watched quite enough N24/VLN races, but I can't recall too many incidents during those either.

Someone shed some light about this.

During the races, this corner never was a problem. The official reason behind this change was that the tourist drivers often miss this corner and the track has to be cleaned. However, all changes to the track are usually approved by the ILN, which is a group of drivers and (ex)team managers who care for the nordschleife, including Olaf manthey for example. This change was done without the ILN and they, and a lot of drivers, are outraged atm because it basically changes the layout of the corner as it is now possible to overtake on the outside and it is a lot more dangerous for tourist drivers. Instead of the gravel slowing them down, they will now directly hit the wall. This corner was always one of the corners where the tourist drivers drove too fast. For the races, a wider line will also be faster and track limits will now be an issue. Who will control 180 cars during a vln race?

During the races, this corner never was a problem. The official reason behind this change was that the tourist drivers often miss this corner and the track has to be cleaned. However, all changes to the track are usually approved by the ILN, which is a group of drivers and (ex)team managers who care for the nordschleife, including Olaf manthey for example. This change was done without the ILN and they, and a lot of drivers, are outraged atm because it basically changes the layout of the corner as it is now possible to overtake on the outside and it is a lot more dangerous for tourist drivers. Instead of the gravel slowing them down, they will now directly hit the wall. This corner was always one of the corners where the tourist drivers drove too fast. For the races, a wider line will also be faster and track limits will now be an issue. Who will control 180 cars during a vln race?

I thought last year though they actually raised the kerbs, so that over time, it would really rough up and possibly damage the car. Like the profile was so much higher it was bound to be slower than driving to just before the kerb.

EDIT:

So this video is very useful, he decides to give directions for those (such as me) that have never been! The more I watch videos from him and similar instructors, the more confident I feel I will be able to have a crash-free and successful day, or set of days at the Ring. Also, I never knew you could pull off at around halfway, around Breidschied, and even pull back on!

Last edited:

The modifications at Brünnchen will be removed, because the inspection by the FIA was not possible!

Up to 192 cars now!!

For the race tomorrow it's 194. But Reiter Engineering has planned a KTM Xbow GT4 Cup for the season (it was in their newsletter few weeks ago) which is still not active...so there is still some potential.

The 187 cars I mentioned are enrolled for the whole season. For every race, there will be a few more entries.

well for this year, its all live on radio lemans.com and will have sound and picture to go along. they only doing the race day only. once they get the video stream up, ill link it in here

And it's a Porsche 1-2-3 (Manthey - Falken - Manthey) with a 8:01.660 for Pole Position. Audi (with Rene Rast) on P4 and Abt Bentley on P5 followed by another 3 Audis. Top 20 within 7 seconds. Only 30 minutes to go till the formation lap!

161 cars confirmed for the 2017 24h race of which 34 will be in the GT3 class. There are 7 different manufacturers in GT3 this year, biggest entry is BMW with 9(!) M6 GT3, entered by Schnitzer, Rowe, Schubert, Walkenhorst (2 each) and Falken plus one Z4 GT3 (Walkenhorst).
Rest of GT3 class:
7 Mercedes AMG
6 Audi R8
3 Bentley
6 Porsche
1 Lamborghini
1 Ferrari

Also battling for the overall win is the Glickenhaus in the SP-X class with 2 cars.

Phoenix Audi will also take part with 2 Audi R8 LMS GT4 as part of testing for the 2018 season.

Full entry list: https://24h-information.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/24h_2017_vorl_Teilnehmerliste_040517.pdf

Back