My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
You're right but.......
There is so many people that race gr3 or lmp with racing super soft and if you give those people a civic on comfort tyres they can't do a time attack clean from accidents... So the best is to master the track with low power cars first...
You can learn to many things with road cars on comfort tyres in GT... That's why PD include those low hp races...

I started with low hp low grip tyres and worked my way up. I'm pretty Don on the 'ring now in all formats :cheers:

Lotus Elise is one of my favorites to take around the ring. Light, but enough power to make it feel like you're on the edge.

Try the original GT 40 for a challenge - its a bit 'boaty' lol... the AMG SLR 10 onwards are my fave sports car with grunt...just got to keep it in that low power torque band where all the bass is :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys what is the faster road car in GT sport around the ring?
(bone stock sport hard all off except abs)
From my test the faster bone stock road car on sport hard is McLaren F1...

Brilliant map with racing line, names, advices and more.

nurburgring-cornering-map-guide-download.jpg

Has anyone counted themselves the number of corners? If you search online its a mess, ranging from 73 to about 170..

So I counted myself, from an onboard video, and ended up with 106. That agrees with Greenhellguides' 105. It should be fun what other people find.

Has anyone counted themselves the number of corners? If you search online its a mess, ranging from 73 to about 170..

So I counted myself, from an onboard video, and ended up with 106. That agrees with Greenhellguides' 105. It should be fun what other people find.
It totally depends on what exactly can be defined as a corner but, I count the Carraciola Carrousel as #50.

Wow! I'm amazed he actually competed the lap!
Overdriving & someone really needs to tell this guy there are kerbs around the Nordschleife that you just don't touch. EVER.

The guy has got some balls that's for sure but, that was over the limit & I reckon there's a sub 6:55 time in that car with a smoother lap.

Thanks for sharing these videos @super_gt 👍

Hello guys, my friend and I just received tickets for the 24 Hours of Nürburgring and decided to go. Does any here have any tips for surviving Saturday and Sunday? Normally we hang out at Brünnchen for VLN races but we're not even sure if we'll be able to park, find a spot there. It will be our first 24 Hour race, we're actually planning to do 24 Hours of Spa in July, so now this will be a good experience to learn from. Thanks and wish us luck!

Hello guys, my friend and I just received tickets for the 24 Hours of Nürburgring and decided to go. Does any here have any tips for surviving Saturday and Sunday? Normally we hang out at Brünnchen for VLN races but we're not even sure if we'll be able to park, find a spot there. It will be our first 24 Hour race, we're actually planning to do 24 Hours of Spa in July, so now this will be a good experience to learn from. Thanks and wish us luck!

Sorry I have no advice, having not been to such an event myself, beyond get some rest beforehand and have fun!!! I'm sure it will be awesome!

Back