My obsession with the Nordschleife.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 1,169 comments
I was introduced to the Ring by NFS Shift and immediately fell in love with the challenge. It is beautifully rendered in GT5/6 and remains a perennial favorite of mine. The variety/number of turns means there's something for everyone and the length of the track makes it unique because completing a fast, clean lap requires your full concentration for the full ~8-12 minutes rather than the typical 2-3 minutes for a lap at most other tracks.

I like to take my favorite cars there stock and just turn laps, and occasionally take screenshots. It's a great way to gain appreciation for both the cars and the track. Just the other day I took out my RUF Yellowbird - newly modded to original Porsche specs - and did a lap (didn't have time for more). It was a real treat and I can't wait to get back behind the wheel!

As for real life, I can only dream. I'm a family man of modest means living in the States. I would surely jump at the chance to drive the Ring for real, but I can't imagine how much that would cost. :bowdown:
http://nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php#.UvR7eZ_nbqA

Converted to usd: close estimate as of today.

1 lap = $36.69
4 laps = $ 135.92
9 laps = $284.07
25 laps = $704.07

Schwedenkreuz.

If you're running off, try taking it slower and/or turning in earlier. Also, the car may be unsettled if you don't do the bend right before it right. The car is unweighted (maybe even leaves the ground completely) coming over the rise.

I find that with Schwedenkreuz, it's easy to turn in too late, and if you do that at the limit, you're done, as the track falls away a bit as you come around the turn so you can't really adjust your speed. If you turn in a little early, the worst thing that happens is you drop inside tires onto the grass, but that doesn't typically upset the car.

Agree on Schwedenkreuz... make sure you're aimed right over the preceding crest to open up the angle and then turn in early. Braking for Armberg is typically just before the end of the kerbing on the left for me, but this depends on how fast the cars is.

It's interesting how some of the other corners have slightly changed in GT6 vs 4 & 5.

You can't cut the kerbing in the left at the top of the hill (Adenauer Forest) as much now as lot of cars will roll if you do.

Klostertal was pretty much flat in any car in previous versions, but usually need a slight lift now, as does the left hander after Karusell and the first right after Pflanzgarten. And there are a couple of corners running up the hill from Bergwerk that aren't flat in really fast cars anymore.

I like this version better than the previous ones.

You are not the only one, my friend. Is the best circuit in the world, and the best recreation of it is in GT, that's why we are in love with that track.

I would wish that the new long circuit in GT6 has the same vegetation that Nordschleife :(

You are not the only one, my friend. Is the best circuit in the world, and the best recreation of it is in GT, that's why we are in love with that track.

I would wish that the new long circuit in GT6 has the same vegetation that Nordschleife :(

The Southern areas of Spain were known for their dryness, however there are some areas of Natural Parks with green vegetation. But they have nothing to do against the deep forests of western Germany. If you have time I invite you to take a look in "street view" around the area of the Zahara dam and lake. You'll see that there are trees, but much more isolated and with less leaves.

https://maps.google.es/maps?q=Embal...MBALSE+DE+ZA&t=h&hnear=Embalse+de+Zahara&z=12

The Southern areas of Spain were known for their dryness, however there are some areas of Natural Parks with green vegetation. But they have nothing to do against the deep forests of western Germany. If you have time I invite you to take a look in "street view" around the area of the Zahara dam and lake. You'll see that there are trees, but much more isolated and with less leaves.

https://maps.google.es/maps?q=Embalse de Zahara-el Gastor&hl=es&ll=36.755215,-5.434594&spn=0.242887,0.445976&sll=42.226089,-8.725426&sspn=0.111734,0.222988&oq=EMBALSE DE ZA&t=h&hnear=Embalse de Zahara&z=12
Thanks for the info. At least it'll be a really nice track :)

http://nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php#.UvR7eZ_nbqA

Converted to usd: close estimate as of today.

1 lap = $36.69
4 laps = $ 135.92
9 laps = $284.07
25 laps = $704.07

There's also the plane ticket, lodging/food, and stealing a local's car cause I don't think transporting my car halfway around the world is really an option for me (can you rent a car at the Ring? Lol). Not to mention the most important thing: justifying all this to the Mrs. :rolleyes: :D

There's also the plane ticket, lodging/food, and stealing a local's car cause I don't think transporting my car halfway around the world is really an option for me (can you rent a car at the Ring? Lol). Not to mention the most important thing: justifying all this to the Mrs. :rolleyes: :D
:rolleyes::D

There are a lot of options to rent over there. One example is what @FussyFez wrote. For me, the best option to rent in the ring is www.rsrnurburg.com. Amazing cars to enjoy in the ring. If mods consider this any kind of advertising, please, feel free to erase my comment.

I'm surprised by this. Do you feel the gtr could do better?
Got you covered there with the Spec V and the Black Edition GTRs. Since they're made of pure witchcraft they pulled a 7:15 and 7:14 respectively. Sports Hards for both and no assists whatsoever except for ABS 1.

Got you covered there with the Spec V and the Black Edition GTRs. Since they're made of pure witchcraft they pulled a 7:15 and 7:14 respectively. Sports Hards for both and no assists whatsoever except for ABS 1.
I meant the e46 lol.

I know seven seconds is quite a lump, but I had presumed the GTR would do better with its light weight.

I meant the e46 lol.

I know seven seconds is quite a lump, but I had presumed the GTR would do better with its light weight.
It is really fast, but I highly doubt it can catch the E60. I was quite surprised that it pulled a 7:37.

When I get GT6 that is, the machine dynamics simulation may change the way I lap come GT6.

Two more bimmers in GT5:

M3 GTR E46: 7:37
BMW M5 E60: 7:30

Top of my current Streetcar board is the McLaren F1 at 7:02.

Come to the Nurburgring lap times competition (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-nürburgring-lap-time-board.294583/)

Current best time for the GTR is 7'31 (set by me - 1 lap run :D) and for the F1 6'49 (set by @mike_gt3).

There's no time currently set for the E60 M5 or the GTR's, so yours would be the current fastest times 👍

Gee that would be great, problem is all those time are posted in GT5.

Ah! You don't have GT6?

@mike_gt3 ran the same competition in GT5, but I doubt he'll update the thread any more... if you search for it I'm sure you'll find it and you'll be able to compare your times to the leaderboard 👍

Funny you guys are discussing this. I had never really been a fan, even in GT5 with the AMG events being so tough and having to run the course so much.

That changed about a week ago when I did the Rain challenge with a stock McLaren MP4 on sports softs. I had such a blast for that one lap on the N24 course that I decided to see what it would do on comfort softs (no aids, ABS 1, G27). Don't remember the exact time, maybe high 7:30's for my best lap and many off laps but it was a blast. Now I just need to learn the track better.

I also did the one-make GT-R race at the Nordschleife with the Schulze Anniversary car. Even on racing hards that car is a handful.

Dear Fellow Nordschleife Lovers!

If you are as obsessed with the 'Ring as I am, you are probably also a Sabine fan. So please click on the link below to see a suggestion to bring her into your GT life!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ring-sabine-schmitz-queen-of-the-ring.302360/

LeadImage-Sabine_Schmitz.jpg

The Swedish cross has one rule:
Accelerate through it.
If you attempt the corner without committing and powering through, you will be speaking to a Marshall about removing your car from the tyre wall........
But then you lot knew that already, didn't you.....
Schwedenkreuz....... Love it.

:irked:👍

This is the best interpretation of the ring on pretty much any game so far. The car selection makes it wonderful too, My Favs from gt5 were the stock Enzo and NSX-r 02. The Enzo was beast mode on it, the suspension was so low that you could actually feel it bottom out on some bumps and that would make things scary. Best time was around 7:10, surviving a full tilt lap in that thing was a white knuckle experience.

The NSX-r was telepathic, loved every lap in that.

I have a regular online driving mate, and it is rare that we do not finish a night of fine racing with two or three laps "looking for Sabine".

Back