My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
New update on the BMW rim.

-It's now mounted on the AF quick release,
-Shifters are mounted on the AF quick release
-The colours of the buttons are updated to match the BMW colours.
-New carbon fiber button plate at a 90 degree angle of carbon fiber plate on top of the rim.

ZUduC65.jpg

DSD32 Micro is ordered to wire the buttons to the QR.

Were you able to get the QR in advance of the AF wheel? Were you able to order a QR separately? I have an AF on order also but didn't see a way to pre-order an additional QR kit with mine...
PS- rig looks amazing as always!

Were you able to get the QR in advance of the AF wheel? Were you able to order a QR separately? I have an AF on order also but didn't see a way to pre-order an additional QR kit with mine...
PS- rig looks amazing as always!

Thx,:)

There was a very small batch of AF QR available almost 2 weeks ago. It sold out under 2 hours.:boggled:
I was just lucky i saw the announcement on the Iracing forum and managed to order one.

You can not pre-order the QR or the QR with button box at this moment. Inquiries at Simx give an undetermined lead time for both items.

Don't know if you've sorted out something in the meantime, and also don't know much about this unit, but anyway..... http://www.simworx.com.au/#!v1-m-seat/c1dy0

Certainly compact. Obviously it would be ideal to find something closer to you though.

Thx, sorry due to personal reasons i haven't been able to respond for a while.

The motion rig was fun......... while it lasted. In the end it just wasn't technically possible in such a small space.

Kudo's to SimXperience for giving me a full refund and i even got my import taxes back.

I'm back to a simvibe based rig with the GS4 and happy with it. I don't want to dive into the adventure of mixing 2 motionsystems (GS4 and simworx) and all the possible pitfalls that come with it.....

The AccuForce more than compensates the loss of motion and it's a great addition to my rig

I don't spend as much time in the rig as i used to, but when i do i'm still having fun.

There have been a couple of updates to the rig:

- 2015 DSD Pro Sequential Shifter
- Heusinkveld Pro Pedals
- Accuforce Pro

Some pics with the new toys installed. I replaced the AF rim with a Momo mod 30 and replaced the red buttons on the buttonbox with yellow ones:

sFTRzaX.jpg

For the Accuforce i had to build an entire new deskmount and a mount for my carbon fiber dashboard. Everything connects throught the USB hub on the back of the AF.

Hw2fN7Q.jpg

The selfmade BMW rim works flawlessly through the USB passthrough of the AccuForce. A couple of weeks ago i also converted my Fanatec formula wheel for use with the AccuForce

My 3 steerings wheels for the AccyForce Pro

IMG_20151012_081337.jpg

Even with the addition of the AccuForce to my rig (which is a heavy piece of machinery), i have been able to reduce the build up time for my non permanent rig.

From office, during the day, to race rig only takes 7 minutes............

Last edited:
Henk, maybe you should do a new build-up video and a rig run-through. So much has changed in between now and your old video that I am sure everyone including myself is curious how you ride these days. :)

Henk, maybe you should do a new build-up video and a rig run-through. So much has changed in between now and your old video that I am sure everyone including myself is curious how you ride these days. :)

I'm thinking of making another video, but i just need to find the time.

This week i got another Quick Release which i used to for this wheel: no button boxes or shifters.
Mainly for old school racing and drifting

I'm thinking of making another video, but i just need to find the time.

This week i got another Quick Release which i used to for this wheel: no button boxes or shifters.
Mainly for old school racing and drifting

Time can be of an issue, certainly around the holidays. It should be something you'd have to do out of your own free wil and when you want. Was just remembering being impressed by that video even before I visited you at the time.

I like the clean look. I don't use any buttonboxes either on my Fanatec Hub, but just the shifter paddles. Which are mainly used in ETS2 for the indicators. And in some race cars I guess.

Henk, where are you buying your steering wheels. Every time I look on Ebay here all I find is garbge lol

The Formula rim is a Fanatec ( offcourse :) )
The BMW rim is a Fanatec Flat1 rim of which i cut the top off.
The GT wheel is a Momo Mod 30
The Drift/oldschool wheel is the AccuForce leather rim version (removing the ring that holds the hornbutton and that ugly AF logo makes the rim look so much better)

The Formula rim is a Fanatec ( offcourse :) )
The BMW rim is a Fanatec Flat1 rim of which i cut the top off.
The GT wheel is a Momo Mod 30
The Drift/oldschool wheel is the AccuForce leather rim version (removing the ring that holds the hornbutton and that ugly AF logo makes the rim look so much better)

Huh? Did you sell your Sparco, Henk?

I still have the Sparco Chris. It's mounted on the CSWv2 for the Forza series

The Forza games are still a lot of fun, but the experience can not be compared with the full simvibe/GS4/Accuforce experience on the PC.

I still have the Sparco Chris. It's mounted on the CSWv2 for the Forza series

The Forza games are still a lot of fun, but the experience can not be compared with the full simvibe/GS4/Accuforce experience on the PC.

Yeah, you can't compare it at all. I wouldn't expect it to be similar. The Accuforce is simply a cut above, and the Simvibe + GS4 just leaves a big gap of information for the senses.

Still, at least you have a backup wheel this way and a way to play any console game you want... except X360 games.

HoiHman, what is you opinion about the Fanatec handbrake? Some people complain about flex...?

The handbrake works fine. There's no flex in the pulling direction, but you can flex the HB lever from left to right.
In my opnion the lever should have been a couple of mm thicker, but it's still the best compact handbrake available.

That quick release looks a bit better than the Fanatec one without doubt. Nice quick and easy swaps.

Zero play I reckon?

That quick release looks a bit better than the Fanatec one without doubt. Nice quick and easy swaps.

Zero play I reckon?

The AccuForce quick release is in an entire different league than the Fanatec quick release.

There is zero play indeed.

Since a couple of weeks we have a 3D printer.

Today i tried printing alternate pedalshifters for my BMW Formula rim. The metal ones i have are contructed way to light. Sometimes when i have to use a lot of force get the car through the corners with the AccuForce, i accidentally also shift with more force.:lol:

More than the old shifter paddles can handle. Even reïnforcing them with JB welt didn't hold

After making a couple of prototypes, i ended up with a paddle that fits me perfectly

On the left the old paddle and on the right the new one.

Next step is: Designing and printing my own button box for the 280mm rim i ordered this week

wheel.jpg

Last edited:
The shifter paddles i printed for the BMW rim feel really good, they are also much stronger than the old Formula shifter pedals.

3D printing is so much fun :cheers:

Now i can finally make a rim with button box without any limitations. This weekend i made a rear enclosure for the BMW rim. With a rear enclosure the rim is getting a proffesional finish.

Much earlier than expected, my ebay rim was deliverd yesterday and it's a good looking 280mm rim. It has a very nice thick grip. 👍

The reason for adding a round formula rim to my collection is the upcomming oculus rift. A round rim is just a bit safer when you're driving with a powerfull steering wheel like the accuforce and you can't see the rim any more. Much less chance of hands getting pinched by the wheel ;)

I removed the horn button and made the design for the buttonbox. To give me an idea how it looks, i printed a 1mm button plate.

Here's WIP picture

Last edited:
It's been a while but the 280mm is finished.

I used the 3d printer to print the entire button box, shifter paddles and rear enclosure.

I covered the the top of the buttonbox with a thin layer of real carbon fiber, which gives the wheel a very nice finish. With VR in mind, i sacrificed an unused Fanatec UVHB for the funky switch and shifters. The funky switch is super handy while navigating in PCARS, since the VR version doesn't support a mouse in the menus.

The wheel is mounted to an AccuForce QR and everything works perfectly though the slipring. I really love it and it's perfect for driving with my favourite car : The Radical SR8 RX

60jrqJt.jpg

The other big update is the oculus rift

Oculus-Rift-2-1024x576.jpg

Racing in VR is awesome. (PCARS)

I get a really good feeling of presence and immersion with the Oculus Rift. The resolution could be better, but the feeling of being in the car is unbelievable.

If you use a rim in real life that matches the size and shape of the virtual one and have hands and arms enabled, it looks like the arms and hands in the game are yours. This feels so reel, that in the beginning i was genuine supprised that the hand in game didn't follow my hand when i lifted it of my steering wheel.:lol:

Switching to the rift also brings another big advantage for me: I do not have to build up my triple screen tv's everytime i want to race. Now i just put on the rift, like a baseball cap.

One thing is sure: Racing is Virtual Reality is the future.

Great!
Just one question, do you think that now with VR headsets, all these super cockpits and guages will be useless?!
I think with Occulus Rift all you need is a comfortable cockpit, good steering wheel, good pedals and shifter and that's it!
Please, can you do a good review about OR? It would be very appreciate !

Great!
Just one question, do you think that now with VR headsets, all these super cockpits and guages will be useless?!
I think with Occulus Rift all you need is a comfortable cockpit, good steering wheel, good pedals and shifter and that's it!
Please, can you do a good review about OR? It would be very appreciate !

Yes, with VR headsets there's no need for dashmeter pro, great looking steering wheels or fancy dashboards

You have the greatest virtual steering wheels available in 3d and they look great. In my experience you do need different rims which are the same size and shape as your virtual rim. The right rim puts your hands IRL on the same spot as the virtual one and basically gives you hand-tracking in VR. (as long as you keep your hands on the steering wheel)

Nice one HoiHman! Racing in VR really is an experience, one I find impossible to convey to others. There is just nothing to compare it to, even a huge triple screen rig like yours and mine just aren't comparable. The only way to understand is to try it and once you have experienced it you know that it is the future of our hobby!

Nice to see you still doing things and as always to a high standard Henk. Few people put so much effort into the aesthetics and show as much importance for detail/quality.

Having the 3D printer must be really cool and empowers the imagination of possibilities for projects.

Also delighted to read you are enjoying and embracing the VR technology. It does seem to be a game changer reading many peoples reactions and if it is this good already in time it can only get better when the software matures.

I would hope to encourage you to do a thread at some point here on GTP that covers the main titles and gives your thoughts on them. I think many are concerned with the visual quality and comfort issues. So to hear from people like yourself about VR in Sims who can bring an honest report on the current restrictions/limitations on the general experience would be welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited:
The 3D printer is great, it makes you feel you can make almost anything.

VR is awesome, but my both my overclocked 980Ti and I7 -4770K really struggle to keep up, while i still have much less image quality than on the triples. This really bugs me....

But it's so damn immersive :bowdown:

You can read all you want about VR, but you have to experience it yourself to know what's it like.

Looking forward the upcomming extra long weekend.

EfLOVcj.jpg

Just watched the F1 quali of Max Verstappen and i did some hotlaps on the Barcelona track in a F1 car. I found out that there's a second onboard camera in PCARS that is much more immersive. I even showed some signs of vertigo

The fan in the middle is for testing. It helps dispense the heat from my face while wearing the oculus rift and but it alos adds extra immersion feeling the wind when you're driving over 300kph in a open F1 Car.

I'm seriously considering adding speedbased fans permanent to my rig

Back