Mysterious Kyoto Driving Park Course Found in GT Sport — The Return of the Coffee Break?

I amazed that no racing game I know of has ever had an autocross course editor like this. How hard would it be to let players arrange cones on a flat parking lot? GT6 wouldn't even let us drive on the GT Arena infield outside of the coffee breaks. It's so frustrating to have great tools in the game that are walled off from players.

At this rate,it'll be 2021 before Gran Turismo Sport weights in at around the same as Gran Turismo 6
in terms of tracks and other things that are missing from GTS
Don't get me wrong, I still think GTSport is the best GT to date :)👍

I amazed that no racing game I know of has ever had an autocross course editor like this. How hard would it be to let players arrange cones on a flat parking lot? GT6 wouldn't even let us drive on the GT Arena infield outside of the coffee breaks. It's so frustrating to have great tools in the game that are walled off from players.

Live For Speed.

I would like to see more kart tracks because I find them both fun and relaxing to play :D

I wish they would do a track editor in the kart complex. It would require way less resources to create and it would allow the community to build up and support online kart racing without PD having to constantly push out content. Kart racing in game is awesome but so few tracks feel right in the kart.

It's been 1 year and this course hasn't arrived?

It could be cut content. It won’t have been the first time remnants of unfinished content made it into the game, the Route X Infield screens and track map were one of the biggest mysteries of GT6, and we never learned anything more than what people could find in the code.

Or, it could still be coming, just waiting to come at the correct time. It’s purpose seems to be either some sort of test location, or a map for Gymkhama-type events, which would seem to either be part of a drift expansion, or an expansion of the original campaign mode (licenses and missions).

We know Chris Forsbergs’s 370Z is supposed to arrive at some point (maybe with the NI infield too), so it could be included withthat, or, perhaps there will be a major Spec II update later on in GTS’s life that expands on a lot of the (mostly) untouched base content?

granturismosport_2020psj46.jpg

granturismosport_20200ikg0.jpg

Last edited:
TCRF has this image
540px-GT7SP_CRS_IMG_DRIVINGPARK_03.png

TCRF is basically a goldmine, especially for GT2. There is a thumbnail for Evora and Elise. Here is the Elise one.
300px-GT7SP_ELISE_11_THUMB.png

Because of CoVid, I believe that is the reason why updates will be rare, or no at all this year. Basically measures taken reduce time for development. Maybe updates will be delayed, or they will be scrapped totally (besides VGTs), to make way for whatever next title on PS5 will be.

No. As you can see at the top of this page, there's an image with its course logo just like the other course images seen in Discover mode.
It was meant to be a joke at how GT's sceneries looked realistic but I probably worded that out wrong. Moving on...

It was meant to be a joke at how GT's sceneries looked realistic but I probably worded that out wrong. Moving on...
Augh, I was kinda stupid...
Actually when I saw the pictures on the post #20, I had been thinking that they're real photos for longer than 30 seconds.
But such course layout doesn't exist in real life, then I barely noticed that they're from Gran Turismo! (Still don't know where they're from, though)

Back