Mystery July Car Pack

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 340 comments
If you want examples of people still saying "me no likey" because this or that car is boring, and why can't they somehow cater to all, just re-read the thread. I'm not going to single out particular posts that mention specific models/types of car.

It all looks very innocent to me.

My last sentence was just emphasising the fact that if you only like some types of car, based on speed, sports classification or whatever else, you are less likely to be pleased with the DLC packs. I stand by my point that some people can't differentiate between what they want, and what the majority of people want.

I think most FM6 car packs have shared a sense of direction. People either loved or hated them. I happened to like the majority of them. As I said, there's too much "something for everyone" for me to get a good deal here. That's merely my opinion and that's the only thing I'm entitled to. I don't think anyone said or implied what they want is better than what the majority might want.

Are we seriously going to bring more drama in here?!

Like, for real, this pack has been very well-received and there's got to be one guy who poisons the mood. Don't you love the Internet sometimes? :rolleyes:

I'm poisoning the mood for voicing the unpopular opinion as constructively as I possibly could? Thanks a lot! There would be no drama if people didn't use my opinion to take the discussion in an undesirable direction. You did great trying to escalate. I'm done. 👎

Yeah, I'm going to have to call bs on that, unless you can call out specifics. I have been following the threadof and on, and while I have seen people being not to fond of every car in the pack, there was still praise for the pack in general.

It is not being entitled when you like some cars and not the other, it's called personal preference. It's also not being entitled when you don't like something alot of people seem to like, that is also just personal preference. It would be entitled to point out the game being horrible because so and so car is/isn't there, which doesn't look to be happening whatsoever.

OK, if you would like to read my post and previous posts properly you would realise I was being positive about the pack and calling out one or two who were suggesting specific models were "boring" or otherwise and therefore should be some kind of fan selection, which was then not elaborated on at all and is not really possible.

Again, my point was that the packs have been generally superb (in my opinion), and necessarily varied and the best Turn 10 can really do to appease as many people as possible. Read "BS" or "drama" into that as you wish, but my posts have been positive and aimed towards the few naysayers who, not so much dislike the pack but try to justify why it's not cool, rather than just accepting that it's just not their cup of tea. That's the sense of entitlement I was referring to, not at all what you cited in your last paragraph.

Last edited:
I just bought the pack, I've set up a private lobby and set restrictions so all cars are... err the Racing Truck. I set 23 Max drivatars yet only six show up on the grid list? Now I've pressed X to start race and it's loading indefinitely, anyone had this problem before? I guess I'll have to restart the game and just try it solo.

OK, if you would like to read my post and previous posts properly you would realise I was being positive about the pack and calling out one or two who were suggesting specific models were "boring" or otherwise and therefore should be some kind of fan selection, which was then not elaborated on at all and is not really possible.

Again, my point was that the packs have been generally superb (in my opinion), and necessarily varied and the best Turn 10 can really do to appease as many people as possible. Read "BS" or "drama" into that as you wish, but my posts have been positive and aimed towards the few naysayers who, not so much dislike the pack but try to justify why it's not cool, rather than just accepting that it's just not their cup of tea. That's the sense of entitlement I was referring to, not at all what you cited in your last paragraph.
And if you would have read my post properly as well, you would have noticed that I was not once talking about your opinion on the pack, but the wrong use of entitlement in this situation. As for the fan selection post, all that was was a suggestion to do something that they've done in the past as the person thought it would be great for fan loyalty. Faulted opinion as that just won't work in my opinion, but was no way an over entitled post. That same person already praised the pack. Both people did actually.

I agree the packs have been great, but someone not liking something doesn't make them entitled. I have not seen what you're talking about in this thread, so if I'm wrong and I have missed it please point it out to me.

Last edited:
I just bought the pack, I've set up a private lobby and set restrictions so all cars are... err the Racing Truck. I set 23 Max drivatars yet only six show up on the grid list? Now I've pressed X to start race and it's loading indefinitely, anyone had this problem before? I guess I'll have to restart the game and just try it solo.
Yeah, they nerfed the private lobby, only 6 Drivatars at a time for whatever reason.

Can't get it too only race trucks in Free Play?

Unfortunately, no. I played around with it earlier and the amount of customization for the private lobbies is far more in depth then free play. There is no category for the truck so the closest you'll get is to set it to B class and RWD and hope someone else is in a truck.

Yeah, they nerfed the private lobby, only 6 Drivatars at a time for whatever reason.

I couldn't figure out how. You can only narrow the list down by selecting Division and Car Class, I know class is B but I'm not sure what Division it's been put into. Even selecting both I guess some other car could creep up, there should just be a simple Spec Race option.

You didn't really think I wasn't going to rave about this month's DLC, did you? Well, there you go. Shuckers.

A woefully underpowered car and 20 kilometres of the finest German corners... Wait, this isn't Gran Turismo?
With the addition of the least powerful version of the BMW Isetta ever offered, Turn 10 surpassed Polyphony in the race for the least likely vehicle featured in a driving game. Don't let the cutesy looks of this Italo-Bavarian bubble car fool you: it doesn't drive like a fridge... But much worse. The 300cc, 4-stroke, single-piston engine is absolutely asphyctic, and the weird layout makes flipping almost as easy as it'd be in a Reliant Robin. And that is part of its unexplainable charm. The Isetta is a car so slow and unsporting, you can only cruise around, enjoying the sights and thinking about the reason you're wasting seventeen minutes to complete a lap around the Nordschleife... In a videogame.
Of course, if that isn't your cup of tea, you can still drop a turbocharged 13B in and try to get it to the end of a 1/4 mile strip... This is Forza, after all.

I wasn't really expecting the original 124 - the one with the Pininfarina body, powered by the venerable Lampredi "Bialbero" twin-cam engine - to make its way into the game.
I feel like there's not much that I can say to sell you this classic masterpiece. It's pretty - not even the US-spec bumpers can ruin Tom Tjaarda's masterpiece. It's red - if you got yours in another color, sorry, you're doing it wrong. It has a mean-but-not-spiteful snarl that is the best soundtrack you could ask for. The handling's great, with just a hint of understeer - but it must be said, there isn't much power to put the chassis to the test. Just enough to keep things fun for all the FIAT fans out there.

Don't call the 570S the baby McLaren. It may be less expensive, less powerful and more cutesy than the 650S, but it's fast enough to seriously threaten it on the track. You won't miss the 90hp that have been removed from the twin-turbo V8 at all as you'll enter the next corner sliding on all four, hopefully making the most of the chassis immense capabilities.
I am sure that in real life, and on open roads the 570S has many other advantages over the 650S - it was designed to be a more practical, comfortable and civilized grand tourer, after all. And I know I'd likely walk past the more edgy, larger 650 and take the keys to this baby instead, if I had the chance. But looking through the limited window of a racing sim is enough to see how the latest, newest product from Woking is making all others look a bit redundant and unnecessary.

With the addition of the Clint Brawner-built Hawk III, Forza now has a vintage Indy car again. And what a car it is! Coming from an era of wild experimentations both with the strictly mechanical and the aerodynamical components, this iteration of the STP Oil Treatment Special features an asymmetric wing layout, and a Ford V8 (thanks @L8 Apex) engine which is fed highly-compressed air by a turbocharged placed in the oddest place.
Replacing the even more outlandish - but extremely unreliable - turbine-powered Lotus 56 in Andy Granatelli's stable, the Hawk would go on to win the 1969 Indy 500 with Mario Andretti.
On the track, it surprises with an amazing amount of grip for a car this old and powerful - compared to the Coyote that graced us with its presence in the days of Forza 5, it's easy to drive on the corners at full throttle and down the back straight at speed in excess of 300 kilometres per hour. But as any other car of its era, the Hawk will punish any driver mistake by promptly crashing into a barrier. And you will, eventually, make one. Oh, well - enjoy it while it lasts?

It took long enough for Turn 10 to give us a TC1 car that could go head-to-head and shoulder-to-shoulder with the WTCC Civics. Unsurprisingly, it isn't a Lada or a Citroen, but a Chevrolet Cruze that joins the list of touring cars present in Forza.
The car - presented as fielded by Roberto Ravaglia's ROAL Motorsport and driven by fan-favorite Tom Coronel in the 2014 season - doesn't drive any different from the aforementioned Civic, nor does it go any faster. But considering how much effort goes into making the field of the World Touring Car Championship as level as possible, that is not a bad thing at all. If anything, it will make pitting the two cars against each other much easier.
As usual, don't forget that it's a 380hp FWD car. Push the throttle pedal too early, and you'll only cook the front tires. But it's otherwise a fun, fast, precise ride that doesn't really lose its composure even when the getting gets rough - kerbs and collisions will do little to stray this Chevy from its path.

This Jaguar is not the fastest GT3 car in the game. Fair enough. But it still does something incredible - it makes the McLarens and BMWs and Lamborghinis of this world look mundane in comparison.
Built in Switzerland by Emil Frey Racing - a team which has a long history of collaboration with Coventry's carmaker - the XK hasn't been an overwhelming success; but it doesn't need to be. It exudes charisma and the charm of an era of racing long gone; and that, alone, makes it a distinguished and unforgettable competitor. Which makes the fact that it will likely be replaced by the brand-new Lexus RC F for 2017 more than just a bit sad.
And besides, don't discard it as a slouch - it is still a well-planted GT, even through it suffers, perhaps unsurprisingly, from a bit of understeer. In capable hands and in the right conditions, it could even be a force to be reckoned with.
I was honestly expecting more of an oddball in its place - but I'm glad my expectations were wrongly placed now.

Finally, let's deal with the elephant in the room. And in this case, the idiom may almost take a literal meaning.
Many of us - me inclued - have been waiting for racing trucks to come to Forza since the days of FM5, when the famous car groups "leak" happened. And finally, a diesel-powered mean giant is sitting in our garages.
This Mercedes-Benz Actros truck may look like something you could see on any European highway - trucks racing in the ETRC are production-based, after all - but it won't let you think even for a second that it's slower than your old-and-tired Vauxhall Astra. After all, the engine's producing something in the ballpark of 1000hp and 5000Nm, enough to propel this big muthatrucker at a blitzing pace. Well, relatively speaking, of course.
With plenty of grip to go around, and a short-geared 10-speed gearbox to handle the monstrous torque, the Actros is easy to drive, and will dart around corners with surprising agility and finesse.
Did somebody say "spec racing"? Or is it just me that wouldn't mind seeing a grid full of these beasts?

Last edited:
Great write-up and photos as always, Clyde. A quick correction, though: The Hawk III was powered by Ford's DOHC Indy V8. The turbo is where it is because the engine is a "hot v," meaning the exhaust valves are on the inboard sides of the heads and the intake valves are on the outboard sides.

68-indy.jpg

I cannot understand why they would include a truck and not make a truck racing only class in free play?

Unfathomable.
Hopefully if we bitch enough they will add it in the next content update, they confirmed there will be another for August as they prepare for Forza Motorsport Championships.

Only dissapointing thing for me is at first clance in the video I thought the indy car was a Ferrari(because color and half paying attention). I really want the 67 Ferrari 312. My disapointment quickly faded when I realized I want more classic Indy cars though.

Dear T10, make it happen. Forza 7. I dare you. This thing is seriously epic fun to drive. Get the MAN and the Scania, and whatever the other one is (Freightliner?)
15-nurburgring-2016.jpg

Wait wait what? Do you guys in Europe even have Petro-Canada gas stations?
ellen-lohr.jpg

Edit: The Jaaaaag has the highest PI in Modern GT, tied with the M3 GTE... Somehow I don't feel it's quite right.

T10 bringing it home once again, jeez, you can ease up now, Greenawalt, no one is gonna beat that garage anyways, up to 610 cars now and I'm sitting here wondering what they'll bring with FM7 next year, FM6 already slaps previous forzas as far as track and car list go, FM7 is gonna be insane at launch as far as value for money goes, and then even more with DLC cars and tracks. Will they reach 1000 cars by the end of this gen? I'd say it's not out of the realm of possibility.

T10 bringing it home once again, jeez, you can ease up now, Greenawalt, no one is gonna beat that garage anyways, up to 610 cars now and I'm sitting here wondering what they'll bring with FM7 next year, FM6 already slaps previous forzas as far as track and car list go, FM7 is gonna be insane at launch as far as value for money goes, and then even more with DLC cars and tracks. Will they reach 1000 cars by the end of this gen? I'd say it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Well, they added 80 so far, with another DLC pack 87. (I'm excluding the Expansions, because the NASCAR one is 24 duplicates and the Porsche Expansion was identical too the ones in FH2)

I think we'll end up with 618 (one more car pack and one more unicorn), so I think with cars from FH3 and a few new ones FM7 will launch with around 700... We'll see how many cars the replace with new versions though. I have a feeling the old R8 isn't going to be in future Forza's for example.

Well, they added 80 so far, with another DLC pack 87. (I'm excluding the Expansions, because the NASCAR one is 24 duplicates and the Porsche Expansion was identical too the ones in FH2)

I think we'll end up with 618 (one more car pack and one more unicorn), so I think with cars from FH3 and a few new ones FM7 will launch with around 700... We'll see how many cars the replace with new versions though. I have a feeling the old R8 isn't going to be in future Forza's for example.
Well, FM5 ended up with 320 cars total, FM6 so far has 610, you may or may not count the expansions, I do in this case. T10 is on a good trajectory so far, and yeah I'd say 650-700 at launch is good target for FM7.

The truck is the bigg winner this month. It offers a unique driving experience. I have only taken it on rivals around Le Mans and its strangely fun to drive. If you dont look back out of the cab it feels like you're driving the worlds fastest tour bus... at max fitout its ~800kW ~2,750Nm but it tops out at only 220km/h.

The 10 spd box is funny because the bottom 4 gears arent used. You can corner in 5th.

IMO Turn 10 should expand this into military vehicles too. In essense they have with the FnF Police Truck and Hummer. Would like to see Unimogs and Dingos and whatever the Euros have.

Not a huge fan of the jag, its another V8 GTE type car. The Cruze is a novelty to me because its the first FWD BTCC DTM type car I've ever driven. I avoided them all and used the BMW Ebay car and the Volvo STCC car instead. Its an interesting thing being a 400hp fwd race car.

Otherwise none of the other cars interest me, especially the 100pp Luigi BMW Isetta.

And I know I'd likely walk past the more edgy, larger 650 and take the keys to this baby instead, if I had the chance.

Good write up! Just a small correction, the 570s is actually the physically larger car, being factionally longer, wider and (I believe) sitting taller. My guess is to add to the everyday liveability that it's supposed to pack.

👍

Chase cam is a pain with the truck.
I'm enjoying the pack though. Awesome to see the Emil Frey Jag make it into a game! I thought that was a car destined to be forgotten.

Great write-up and photos as always, Clyde. A quick correction, though: The Hawk III was powered by Ford's DOHC Indy V8. The turbo is where it is because the engine is a "hot v," meaning the exhaust valves are on the inboard sides of the heads and the intake valves are on the outboard sides.

Whoops. That's embarassing. I fixed that little refuse, thank you for pointing it out!

Dear T10, make it happen. Forza 7. I dare you. This thing is seriously epic fun to drive. Get the MAN and the Scania, and whatever the other one is (Freightliner?)

You know how in Forza 5 we had one Can Am or two F1s added in, and in Forza 6 those categories were so well-represented at day one? Turn 10 has shown to care deeply about making sure the racing categories they like are well-represented... And they seem to be quite fond of racing trucks, since their implementation was planned since 2013!

15-nurburgring-2016.jpg

Wait wait what? Do you guys in Europe even have Petro-Canada gas stations?
ellen-lohr.jpg

Edit: The Jaaaaag has the highest PI in Modern GT, tied with the M3 GTE... Somehow I don't feel it's quite right.

I like your thinking good sir :)

Back