Mystery July Car Pack

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 340 comments
Time: 17:17.073 :D

There's some guys on the leaderboards right next to me at 16:24 and 16:23.

17:37.831. Which IIRC is about a minute quicker than my stock Midget lap.

Putting the fear of tipping aside by carrying more momentum through Bergwerk or any turn before a long incline would have sliced a hefty chunk off my time. Maybe not enough for a sub-17 minute lap without tuning but enough to embarrass my current ghost.

Max negative camber (rear), full tyre pressure (rear), full power and diff cranked up to the max.

Why do I struggle to get the arse out on the truck?

Oh and final gear of like 4.8x

And if you would have read my post properly as well, you would have noticed that I was not once talking about your opinion on the pack, but the wrong use of entitlement in this situation. As for the fan selection post, all that was was a suggestion to do something that they've done in the past as the person thought it would be great for fan loyalty. Faulted opinion as that just won't work in my opinion, but was no way an over entitled post. That same person already praised the pack. Both people did actually.

I agree the packs have been great, but someone not liking something doesn't make them entitled. I have not seen what you're talking about in this thread, so if I'm wrong and I have missed it please point it out to me.

OK, I agree that the "usual" sense of entitlement you see in these threads (and to some extent the wish list thread) is not as evident in this one as usual, so I do take that back, although at least 7 people seemed to agree with me, but perhaps that was with the general gist of my comment, which again, was positive.

However then you again refer to my perceived sense of entitlement being based on people having opinions on or not liking certain cars, which is incorrect. The sense of entitlement I was referring to (perhaps wrongly, see above) was when folks can't appreciate the fact that things can't practically be tailor made for them in particular, when the packs have to cater as best they can for thousands of people. The usual "omg why don't you have x, y, z cars that I like" rather than "i wish they had my fave car in, but you can't have it all, and they at least mix things up"

Incidentally it's not "make them entitled", that's misleading and grammatically wrong. Perhaps "doesn't mean they are exhibiting a sense of entitlement" is more what you meant.

Finally, if you don't agree with someone it's not very polite or mature to "call bs" on their comments. There are plenty of people having a healthy, positive discussion here, not so much need for mini-policing and using passive-aggressive language.

OK, I agree that the "usual" sense of entitlement you see in these threads (and to some extent the wish list thread) is not as evident in this one as usual, so I do take that back, although at least 7 people seemed to agree with me, but perhaps that was with the general gist of my comment, which again, was positive.

However then you again refer to my perceived sense of entitlement being based on people having opinions on or not liking certain cars, which is incorrect. The sense of entitlement I was referring to (perhaps wrongly, see above) was when folks can't appreciate the fact that things can't practically be tailor made for them in particular, when the packs have to cater as best they can for thousands of people. The usual "omg why don't you have x, y, z cars that I like" rather than "i wish they had my fave car in, but you can't have it all, and they at least mix things up"

Incidentally it's not "make them entitled", that's misleading and grammatically wrong. Perhaps "doesn't mean they are exhibiting a sense of entitlement" is more what you meant.

Finally, if you don't agree with someone it's not very polite or mature to "call bs" on their comments. There are plenty of people having a healthy, positive discussion here, not so much need for mini-policing and using passive-aggressive language.
Well the way I responded to what you perceived was because you neglected to point it out(which makes sense, since there actually wasn't any in the first place.) Once you did finally lay down some information, it was quick to dismiss it because those people actually have been discussing the pack in good light since they started posting, and the one person that decided not to buy it was because it just wasn't for him. You wrongfully called out two people, but at least you're accepting it. Like I said, if you're talking about something specific, please let me know, because I've already addressed the ones you actually did put forward. Ironically enough, the person you are saying cant accept the fact that it's not tailored to them, actually did accept that fact in the very same post. The "usual" you speak of is non-existent here, so its completely irrelevant, and the second part of that sentence is literally exactly what happened.

It's also not polite to tell people they're being entitled for just having a personal preference. There where plenty of people having a fine discussion, even those that didn't like everything in the pack. However, you where not one of them, you just veiled your wrongful insults with a positive back-lining. You're getting back exactly what you put forth. If you wanted "positive discussion" like you're trying to lead me to believe, you would have left that out entirely. As for mini-policing, I was just calling out something wrong.

Funny how you call out mini-policing, when you resort to calling out grammar in the discussion :lol:. Anything to try to get someone back I suppose.

Last edited:
Screenshot-Original.png

I don't think I can go any faster. I was really driving by the seat of my pants, trying my damnedest not to end up with a front tire in the air, or worse, on the side. 16:2x times should be achievable (I know I missed a couple of shifts at the very least!), but I'll leave that to people with more steely nerves.

P.S: what's with all the salt? I thought this wasn't snow season...

The Isetta's engine swaps are awesome, but why does everyone put the rotary in it for their power builds? The K20 swap gets more power for those making a power tune. I think you can get up to 719HP.

The Isetta's engine swaps are awesome, but why does everyone put the rotary in it for their power builds? The K20 swap gets more power for those making a power tune. I think you can get up to 719HP.
The rotary just sounds so much better :P

You know how in Forza 5 we had one Can Am or two F1s added in, and in Forza 6 those categories were so well-represented at day one? Turn 10 has shown to care deeply about making sure the racing categories they like are well-represented... And they seem to be quite fond of racing trucks, since their implementation was planned since 2013!

I feel like this is a teaser to see how people were going to react, and hopefully we'll have 3-4 of them in the next one. And more Can-Am and IMSA GT cars, because, you know, we need more.

Only three gears on the Brawner-Hawk and no gearbox upgrades. 775bhp makes up for it upgraded to the top of R-Class though... fairly mad that it's an entire PI division up from the F1 cars that are only two years older.

More classic IndyCars I say. Bring on Forza 7 with the Coyote and Hawk from day one. With a Chapparal 2K in the mix somewhere.

Max negative camber (rear), full tyre pressure (rear), full power and diff cranked up to the max.

Why do I struggle to get the arse out on the truck?

Oh and final gear of like 4.8x

Because massive dual wheels with Forza race compounds. Should wear Sport tyres stock, alas. Only way to initiate is via clutch & handbrake. Be stupid aggressive with it but don't overcook it, which sounds like pretty contradictory advice. lol

It seems to be near the edge of Forza physics as the inside rear wheel picks up instead of actually oversteering, which you'd think a mid-engined tractor without any weight on the back should do...

Only three gears on the Brawner-Hawk and no gearbox upgrades. 775bhp makes up for it upgraded to the top of R-Class though... fairly mad that it's an entire PI division up from the F1 cars that are only two years older.

More classic IndyCars I say. Bring on Forza 7 with the Coyote and Hawk from day one. With a Chapparal 2K in the mix somewhere.

Because massive dual wheels with Forza race compounds. Should wear Sport tyres stock, alas. Only way to initiate is via clutch & handbrake. Be stupid aggressive with it but don't overcook it, which sounds like pretty contradictory advice. lol

It seems to be near the edge of Forza physics as the inside rear wheel picks up instead of actually oversteering, which you'd think a mid-engined tractor without any weight on the back should do...
Truck cabs (especially ones without trailers) can be a piece of pi.....cake to drift due to lolverylittleweightovertherear but yes this was a disappointment for drifting.

All I can do is as you said, yank and hold the handbrake. Even clutch kicking isn't too helpful. Obviously due to T10's physics model.

Literally any game you can control a car or motor vehicle (tank, tractor etc) I try to drift. I'm so far yet to fail haha.

I will say, lapping the truck, I find to be an exciting and amazingly planted drive.

You didn't really think I wasn't going to rave about this month's DLC, did you? Well, there you go. Shuckers.

A woefully underpowered car and 20 kilometres of the finest German corners... Wait, this isn't Gran Turismo?
With the addition of the least powerful version of the BMW Isetta ever offered, Turn 10 surpassed Polyphony in the race for the least likely vehicle featured in a driving game. Don't let the cutesy looks of this Italo-Bavarian bubble car fool you: it doesn't drive like a fridge... But much worse. The 300cc, 4-stroke, single-piston engine is absolutely asphyctic, and the weird layout makes flipping almost as easy as it'd be in a Reliant Robin. And that is part of its unexplainable charm. The Isetta is a car so slow and unsporting, you can only cruise around, enjoying the sights and thinking about the reason you're wasting seventeen minutes to complete a lap around the Nordschleife... In a videogame.
Of course, if that isn't your cup of tea, you can still drop a turbocharged 13B in and try to get it to the end of a 1/4 mile strip... This is Forza, after all.

I wasn't really expecting the original 124 - the one with the Pininfarina body, powered by the venerable Lampredi "Bialbero" twin-cam engine - to make its way into the game.
I feel like there's not much that I can say to sell you this classic masterpiece. It's pretty - not even the US-spec bumpers can ruin Tom Tjaarda's masterpiece. It's red - if you got yours in another color, sorry, you're doing it wrong. It has a mean-but-not-spiteful snarl that is the best soundtrack you could ask for. The handling's great, with just a hint of understeer - but it must be said, there isn't much power to put the chassis to the test. Just enough to keep things fun for all the FIAT fans out there.

Don't call the 570S the baby McLaren. It may be less expensive, less powerful and more cutesy than the 650S, but it's fast enough to seriously threaten it on the track. You won't miss the 90hp that have been removed from the twin-turbo V8 at all as you'll enter the next corner sliding on all four, hopefully making the most of the chassis immense capabilities.
I am sure that in real life, and on open roads the 570S has many other advantages over the 650S - it was designed to be a more practical, comfortable and civilized grand tourer, after all. And I know I'd likely walk past the more edgy, larger 650 and take the keys to this baby instead, if I had the chance. But looking through the limited window of a racing sim is enough to see how the latest, newest product from Woking is making all others look a bit redundant and unnecessary.

With the addition of the Clint Brawner-built Hawk III, Forza now has a vintage Indy car again. And what a car it is! Coming from an era of wild experimentations both with the strictly mechanical and the aerodynamical components, this iteration of the STP Oil Treatment Special features an asymmetric wing layout, and a Ford V8 (thanks @L8 Apex) engine which is fed highly-compressed air by a turbocharged placed in the oddest place.
Replacing the even more outlandish - but extremely unreliable - turbine-powered Lotus 56 in Andy Granatelli's stable, the Hawk would go on to win the 1969 Indy 500 with Mario Andretti.
On the track, it surprises with an amazing amount of grip for a car this old and powerful - compared to the Coyote that graced us with its presence in the days of Forza 5, it's easy to drive on the corners at full throttle and down the back straight at speed in excess of 300 kilometres per hour. But as any other car of its era, the Hawk will punish any driver mistake by promptly crashing into a barrier. And you will, eventually, make one. Oh, well - enjoy it while it lasts?

It took long enough for Turn 10 to give us a TC1 car that could go head-to-head and shoulder-to-shoulder with the WTCC Civics. Unsurprisingly, it isn't a Lada or a Citroen, but a Chevrolet Cruze that joins the list of touring cars present in Forza.
The car - presented as fielded by Roberto Ravaglia's ROAL Motorsport and driven by fan-favorite Tom Coronel in the 2014 season - doesn't drive any different from the aforementioned Civic, nor does it go any faster. But considering how much effort goes into making the field of the World Touring Car Championship as level as possible, that is not a bad thing at all. If anything, it will make pitting the two cars against each other much easier.
As usual, don't forget that it's a 380hp FWD car. Push the throttle pedal too early, and you'll only cook the front tires. But it's otherwise a fun, fast, precise ride that doesn't really lose its composure even when the getting gets rough - kerbs and collisions will do little to stray this Chevy from its path.

This Jaguar is not the fastest GT3 car in the game. Fair enough. But it still does something incredible - it makes the McLarens and BMWs and Lamborghinis of this world look mundane in comparison.
Built in Switzerland by Emil Frey Racing - a team which has a long history of collaboration with Coventry's carmaker - the XK hasn't been an overwhelming success; but it doesn't need to be. It exudes charisma and the charm of an era of racing long gone; and that, alone, makes it a distinguished and unforgettable competitor. Which makes the fact that it will likely be replaced by the brand-new Lexus RC F for 2017 more than just a bit sad.
And besides, don't discard it as a slouch - it is still a well-planted GT, even through it suffers, perhaps unsurprisingly, from a bit of understeer. In capable hands and in the right conditions, it could even be a force to be reckoned with.
I was honestly expecting more of an oddball in its place - but I'm glad my expectations were wrongly placed now.

Finally, let's deal with the elephant in the room. And in this case, the idiom may almost take a literal meaning.
Many of us - me inclued - have been waiting for racing trucks to come to Forza since the days of FM5, when the famous car groups "leak" happened. And finally, a diesel-powered mean giant is sitting in our garages.
This Mercedes-Benz Actros truck may look like something you could see on any European highway - trucks racing in the ETRC are production-based, after all - but it won't let you think even for a second that it's slower than your old-and-tired Vauxhall Astra. After all, the engine's producing something in the ballpark of 1000hp and 5000Nm, enough to propel this big muthatrucker at a blitzing pace. Well, relatively speaking, of course.
With plenty of grip to go around, and a short-geared 10-speed gearbox to handle the monstrous torque, the Actros is easy to drive, and will dart around corners with surprising agility and finesse.
Did somebody say "spec racing"? Or is it just me that wouldn't mind seeing a grid full of these beasts?

Love your work as always mate. Great reading. Looking forward to your reviews in FH3 of some Aussie cars mate.

Wait, so can you not use the truck in online lobbies? I mean, I get it, but there are no restrictions shown that would cause it to not be allowed, yet it doesn't show up. I figure if they're gonna stop us from using it online(I was planning on actually seeing how it competes with regular cars being driven by actual players), the least they could do is give us a dedicated truck racing lobby. I mean, it's all well and good just playing around with it, but not having anything other than Drivatars to race against is kind of boring.

EDIT: Wait, so there is a dedicated lobby for it. It wasn't showing up until I closed the game and opened it back up. Now I'm happy as hell. :D

So far, I have tried the Isetta with a fully tuned Rotary on the non-chicaned Le Mans circuit. I'm sure it tried to do a wheelie once as I had a good view of the sky! Only good for about 180 mph on the straight and the merest twitch can cause a roll (side over side or even end over end). I'll maybe manage a clean lap one day. Maybe increasing downforce would help... Having nearly rolled a (very) mildly tuned set up with a 6 speed box on that left/right on Yas Marina, flipping it on Le Mans is, I suppose, expected.

I cant understand why they dont update the rivals in concert with the DLC.

Here's the Isetta. Its a comedy car that's popular with Top Gear fans. So here's a rivals event at Dunsfold.

Here's an Actros. Its a big truck that needs a big track. Try it on the Nurburgring GP.

Here's the McLaren 570. Its home track is Silverstone. Have at it hoss.

Here's the Cruze BTCC. Try it on a damn BTCC track. Any BTCC track.

Here's the Brawkner Hawk. I dont even need to say it. Indianapolis.

Where is the Turn 10 brains trust? 7 cars 7 rivals events. Am I expecting too much from them? I'm mean they are the alleged smartest guys in the industry.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I dont expect new showcase events.

In a perfect world we would see 7 race events like in Apex.

7 rivals events based on each car would be a very very low resource low effort event to go with the paid DLC.

Nothing is what we get.

After setting the gearbox to only need 4 gears, and a few other tweaks I like the truck a lot. It sort of feels like a muscle car did back in GT4, perfectly excusable weighing more than 4 1969 Camaros combined. However you can get the tail out real nice with a little hand brake.

I put back the std. brakes. you dont need race brakes on the truck. That allows you to use the more free restrictor which means 860+ kW and 4,500+ Nm... also play with the final drive so you space the gears out more.

I kind of wish they allowed the truck to pull a trailer. Would be nice to do.

Also the night racing is funny as the truck only has a thin strip of LED running lights and yet it puts out a std. headlight pattern. Maybe it has lights under the bumper.

I drove trucks for 3 years. Whenever I was just a bobtail, as in not pulling anything I would only use 5-6 of the 10 gears a standard 10 speed Road Ranger style gearbox has. 4 gears seem to be perfect, the engine has power everywhere in game. RL road diesels have a useful power band less than 1k rpm wide, if I could have only had this monster in the mountains...

I think the real Actros has an automatic transmissions. In fact the selling point of the actros is its very smart automatic that blips the throttle and other tech they have from the Mercedes cars.

Also real trucks wouldnt have 4,000Nm plus!

CH8Q2961-e1460034560292-300x205.jpg

Chassis Make / Type: MAN TGS 18.480

Engine Make / Type / Power: MAN D26 – In-Line Six Cylinder – Diesel Turbo Charged -1,160 BHP – 5,600 NM Torque

Gearbox: ZF Manual Synchromesh 16 Speed, Single Plate Clutch

Weight: 5,500 kgs (minimum 3,300 kgs on front axle 2,200 kgs on rear axle)

Top Speed: 100 MPH (160 KPH)

Not a perfect match, but, yea try 5,000Nm+ IRL:eek:

EDIT: This is a BTRA truck, rules require a 100mph governor, because above that walls may just become more of a suggestion than a barrier considering.:lol:

Last edited:
The Emil Frey Jag has become an unusual weapon for me: with Drag tires on, it can slip into S class. A few choice mods puts it back up to the top of the class, and with a heavy dose of downforce, it's still quite the handler (6.3), while having an acceleration stat that beats almost everything else I run in the class (9.3). Most impressive though, is how serious the braking becomes this way. I'm constantly outbraking myself: I can wait until an entire distance marker later on the back straight of Road America, for example.

There, it gets butchered in terms of top speed, but it's become quite an effective tool at shorter tracks, where acceleration is king. It's also very controllable, surprisingly. Having a lot of fun with it. :D

Back