Nürburgring Endurance Series

• Thread starter Ak1504
  • 243 comments
That BMW got smashed up!
Looks really crazy but great example how important a roll cage is especially in those old cars from decades ago that deform like papermache. Like night and day difference to todays cars that are developed and build for best possible passenger protection.

Well if Motortrend no longer have the US rights then I don't know why there would be a geoblock for the US on the Youtube channel. But I don't know how all of that stuff works. Maybe it will be available on both the YT channel and this website? I guess we will just have to wait until Saturday to find out. But in the past the first hour or two were on the YT channel then got blocked.

I’m hoping it works on YouTube, if it’s not on that or aired on a TV channel I won’t be able to have it on a big screen in my living room. The TV I have access to right now is kinda old n bad. I can watch on my phone if I need to but I’d rather something larger for a 24hr event.

I’m hoping it works on YouTube, if it’s not on that or aired on a TV channel I won’t be able to have it on a big screen in my living room. The TV I have access to right now is kinda old n bad. I can watch on my phone if I need to but I’d rather something larger for a 24hr event.
Exactly. I guess I've gotten spoiled over the last 3 years or so now by having a smart tv with all the apps, Youtube etc., that I can watch on the big screen. If I can't do that live then I'll just wait until it hits their YT channels in a couple of months or so. I think they are always slower uploading to YT than say WEC is. But I remember before getting the smart tv I had to drag the laptop out and hook it up to the tv to use as a monitor and I just don't care anything about doing that again. I never watch things on my phone either.

Last night I was watching qualifying and I see that the Opel Manta is back and also the Dacia Logan is going to be in the race. Now I've heard in the past that there might a drinking game involving taking a drink whenever the Manta appears on screen. Does the same thing apply to the Dacia? But let me say that I do not drink alcohol so I won't be partaking in that. I was just curious if those games truly exist or not.

Last night I was watching qualifying and I see that the Opel Manta is back and also the Dacia Logan is going to be in the race. Now I've heard in the past that there might a drinking game involving taking a drink whenever the Manta appears on screen. Does the same thing apply to the Dacia? But let me say that I do not drink alcohol so I won't be partaking in that. I was just curious if those games truly exist or not.
There's one in the German chat and around the track for many years now as soon as the track/livestream commentary mentions a purple (sector) you go for the next shot/sip but not yet heard of the Manta/Dacia one.

My understanding from a Motorsport discord I’m in is that US viewers will now be able to watch the race from this place?

I haven’t actually found the 24 listed, whenever I’ve gone to watch a live session when there’s supposed to be a Nürburgring session it’s been a feeder nascar race or regional formula series. P & Q have been free on YouTube so far, so I assume it’ll only get geoblocked once they’re actually racing?
On the Q2 telecast Hindaugh confirmed that Speedsport1.com is the official carrier of the race in the US.

Just saw a bit of the Classic race - a VW Scirocco just got hit by its own front wheel :boggled: It looks like the front right came off and the car then went further down the track while the wheel bounced off the armco and followed it down the track, only for the wheel to hit the car's bonnet :lol:

Am I missing something or why is there so little interest in the 24 hours of the Nürburgring Nordschleife? Is there another thread?

Here is the international livestream:

Last edited:
I had forgotten all about this event, but by sheer luck I got the live feed recommened on YT as soon as I started the TV 10 minutes ago (something I rarely do, so quite a relief). I wouldn’t want to miss this one.

I was hoping to see another strong showing from the GT3 Aston, then I heard that Nicky Theim (?) who I believe was one of its pilots last year is now in the roster of that leading Lambo... which I have to say, looks slick. (May have misheard that though)

Dacia has its first bonk of the race.

Anyone happen to have any weatherdata for the race?
From what I was gathering on the live feed earlier, minimal chance of rain/possible fog at some point in the night.

Just came back in, loaded up the stream and the first thing I see is the ABT Lambo crawling along with a puncture. 😞

TIL that Abt race in cars other than Audis.

That has to be both the most boring and terrifying situation limping to the pits I can think of.

TIL that Abt race in cars other than Audis.

That has to be both the most boring and terrifying situation limping to the pits I can think of.
Van Der Linde did a great job to drive that distance back to the pits without doing major damage to the car.

Anyone happen to have any weatherdata for the race?
Weather Nürburg - right now slightly cloudy, night is going to be clear and pretty cold, tomorrow around 12 'o clock cloudy and some mild rain but it should clear up again towards the end of the race.

fasef.jpg

Back