[NA] Used Car List - Cycles 1-81 (now w/ rare list)

• Thread starter jkrobby
  • 97 comments
Well I'd wager that all the used cars come in need of both a chasis refresh and oil change because even after just a few 4 hour endurance races my new car needed one. In fact it seems to need the chasis refresh more frequently than an oil change. They all need a car wash too, but thats cosmetic so, you know.

Also notice that there are set percentages for each price range:

34/30 = 0-6.2
30/30 = 6.3 - 14,999
26/30 = 15,000 - 24,999
20/30 = 25,000 - 37,499
14/30 = 37,500+

I have noticed that there are a few exceptions to the mileage ranges, but they are usually only +/- 1000 miles.

Is there anyway I can access this w/o having to DL the .zip file? I'm at work and I can't get the file cause this computer doesn't have winzip on it.

Deondre
Is there anyway I can access this w/o having to DL the .zip file? I'm at work and I can't get the file cause this computer doesn't have winzip on it.

just dl winzip....won't harm your computer....

if you are working with Windows XP, it should some kind of .zip file extractor built in. DL the file and right-click on it, and if you see 'extract' as an option then problem solved!

Deondre
NO, you're not understanding. I can dl the file, but I can't install it because I don't have 'Admin' privledges.

NO, I did understand, you said you did not have winzip. You said nothing about admin privileges........

BUT, since that's the case, do you have Excel? Maybe someone can email you the unzipped file.....

AND, since its a file not a program, why can't you open it. Again, as I stated before, if you are on XP, right-click and extract....

FUTHERMORE, if the admin has it locked up so you can't even do that....I guess you are out of luck....

AND ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT, no harm intended if it seems I'm trying to be harsh, I'm not....just poking fun at your 'NO' :)

On a side note...does/has anyone noticed any difference in hp between 2 of the same used cars with different mileages, say a 15k mile car and a 30-35k mile one?

I ask because I've been thinking that if prices are based on mileage, and all used cars need chassis refresh(do they?) then why wouldn't buy the car with 38k miles on it instead of a lower mileage car (30k miles)? It will still cost you $50,000 to refresh chassis, so why not try to defray the cost by buying a hgher mileage car?

Would you buy the 23,379 miles V8 Vantage for $291,999 or the 25,637 mile one for $224,000 if both had same hp knowing you need an additional $50,000 for chassis refresh? I know that is a bad example, hp should not be that different......

1 - 81 uploaded.

I have also added a sheet in the workbook that lists each car and the number of times it appears. Hopefully this will help answer the Which are the rarest used cars? questions for the NA version.

great job robby!

I might try and cross check 73-81 tonight. I have about 2 hours left for my list and I will have all 100 weeks done.

Then comes the fun part of finding and correcting all of the mistakes

the list is great, but what's troubling me is that I still don't think it's completely correct for all NTSC version

for example: the Mazda 360 Carole deluxe, I have two of them and it's appeared at least 4 times for me. You have it listed at three and I'm only on day 460.

somehow I still think there is a random cycle for the so-called "rare" cars

carmaniac
the list is great, but what's troubling me is that I still don't think it's completely correct for all NTSC version

for example: the Mazda 360 Carole deluxe, I have two of them and it's appeared at least 4 times for me. You have it listed at three and I'm only on day 460.

somehow I still think there is a random cycle for the so-called "rare" cars

I'm afraid I disagree.

I've been working on cross checking three independent lists for the NTSC/NA version and all three have only 3 occurances of that particular car before week 81. There is a fourth appearance that I and another list have on week 93 (which jkrobby will be at before too long)

So far there have been very few differences between mine and jkrobby's list. And I'm sure that these differences are due to the issue of getting 10,000+ entries correct.

Unless there have been some really strange coincidences, Tornado has to be right. If anyone can confirm any discrepences, please let us know. With three of us checking, I would say it is highly unlikely.

You should list the rarity alongside the cars in the main sheet of the workbook, so that when we sort by day, we can just go down the list and see the rare cars that we should buy that week.

thenightwatch
You should list the rarity alongside the cars in the main sheet of the workbook, so that when we sort by day, we can just go down the list and see the rare cars that we should buy that week.

I think that is an excellent idea. I'll put that in right now. Thanks.

Added a "Rare" column to the workbook which reflects a car's rareness on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most rare.

Thanks to thenightwatch for the idea.

I am sure this will make the list more useful.

what happened to the sort columns on the top? Regardless, you have done a fabulous job, I've cross-checked the list with mine and it's dead on. I retract my comment from an earlier post.

Good Job!

Do you mean the filters at the top? To get them back just click

DATA, FILTER, then AUTO-FILTER. And the filters will come back.

mclaren777
Sweet! I can't wait for the fully sortable version. Keep up the good work!

I actually imported this version into access and then viewed it as a table, which makes it sortable by any column, very useful.

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I no longer have a PS2. I was not able to finish the list. The last cycle I finished was #82.

If anyone wants to finish up this list, I would appreciate it as would everyone else, I am sure.

I am sorry for this, but it was unavoidable.

Hey robbie

If you want to go to my website (in my sig) and the very bottom link on the page is the cycle in an excel document. I don't have all of the cars named exactly like you and I don't have the mileages (except for the 6.2 cars) but it would at least let you get it incorporated into your QRG and get something close.

jkrobby
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I no longer have a PS2. I was not able to finish the list. The last cycle I finished was #82.

If anyone wants to finish up this list, I would appreciate it as would everyone else, I am sure.

I am sorry for this, but it was unavoidable.

ah damn, that sucks...

TornadoAlley
Hey robbie

If you want to go to my website (in my sig) and the very bottom link on the page is the cycle in an excel document. I don't have all of the cars named exactly like you and I don't have the mileages (except for the 6.2 cars) but it would at least let you get it incorporated into your QRG and get something close.

I could probably get those mileages and colors for you and Robbie to incorporate into the ORG, I'm still on day 562 atm.

Ohh man, I was just wondering what happened to this so I went digging for it. Too bad about your PS2.:indiff: I was really looking forward to getting the finished product. Any chance it may still happen?

what's the status on this?
Is there anything everyone here on the boards can do to help finish this?
Robby, that sortable list would be the coolest think since sunglasses. If raw data is the only think holding you back, I'm sure we can all pitch in!
Please don't give up!

SilverEclipse01
I can offer raw data. I have the entire NA car list with weight and length (excel format). Those would be a positive addition to the specs.

pleae do...I'm sure a lot of us would like to see it 👍

Back