Name That Film... By Taglines...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 92 comments
  • 2,824 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,431
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Okay, new one. Name that film by its tagline. Post the tagline of a film (example: "Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water"), and whoever correctly guesses the film (in this case, Jaws 2) gets to go next.

Be aware that some films may have different taglines in the US, Australia, Europe and in foreign languages... :D

To start:

"When he said "I do", he didn't say WHAT he did."
 
Wild-ass guess #1: Four Weddings and a Funeral?
 
neon_duke: Like I'd ever volutarily watch that? :D

demon_of_speed: Yep! Your go!
 
"You wouldn't want to meet these pinheads in an alley."
 
Awesome idea Famine! Only problem I foresee is if someone uses a movie that hasn't been widely released in another country. I suspect it won't be too much of a problem though. I'll take a stab at this one:

Either Hellraiser or Puppet Master?
 
Anderton
Awesome idea Famine! Only problem I foresee is if someone uses a movie that hasn't been widely released in another country. I suspect it won't be too much of a problem though. I'll take a stab at this one:

Either Hellraiser or Puppet Master?

This thread's absolute genius if you ask me. It's niether Hell raiser or Puppet master.
 
Kingpin ?
 
I've a feeling this is a "cult" movie...in other words, not well-known. I'd guess the horror genre, but not sure...
 
Given the "pin" and "alley" references, it probably IS a bowling movie...
 
"A fairy tale..."
 
D'oh! I didn't realize I'd let this thread die.

"A fairy tale..." is the tagline to one of the cultiest of cult films, and it's definitely not kid-oriented. If that doesn't give enough hint, somebody else can just post one up and run with it.
 
Darn I forgot about this thread too! It was a lot of fun, but I think you stumped us too early on Neon. I can't for the life of me guess your tagline, though from your clues I'd have to guess A Clockwork Orange or Meet the Feebles...

Anyway, I'll attempt to resurrect with the following:

"WHO WILL SURVIVE AND WHAT WILL BE LEFT OF THEM?"
 
"A fairy tale..." was the tagline for The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
 
Anderton
"WHO WILL SURVIVE AND WHAT WILL BE LEFT OF THEM?"
Starship Troopers? Reminds me of that movie.

Here's an easy one even if I'm wrong...

"Snakes... Why does it always have to be snakes?"
 
Matrixhasu77
Starship Troopers? Reminds me of that movie.

Here's an easy one even if I'm wrong...

"Snakes... Why does it always have to be snakes?"

That's from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

"That's the Facts, Jack!" (an oldie but a goodie)
 
Stripes.

"Tweekers... the kind of people you wouldn't walk across the street, to piss on, if their heads were on fire."
 
Okay people, I am NOT being rude here, but Matrixhasu, a TAGLINE is something that appears on the poster for a movie, and if it's well-written it becomes synonimous with the title of the movie itself. Also, you failed to guess my tagline, because it is NOT Starship Troopers.

This seems to be turning into a "Movie Quotes" forum, which we already have one of. Remember, TAGLINES!
So, the challenge still stands:

WHO WILL SURVIVE AND WHAT WILL BE LEFT OF THEM?
 
It's not that one with the kids on the island is it?

Edit: No, it isn't "Battle Royale", or the sequel.

Matrixhasu - as has been pointed out, you posted a QUOTE from the middle of a film. This is about "taglines" - phrases which appear on film posters or video/DVD covers as a very brief, usually only a couple of words long, description of the film. Like "In space, no-one can hear you scream".

Edit: Ahhh! It's "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"! :D

"At the end of the universe lies the beginning of vengeance."
 
he he he, Famine. Even though it's not right, you know what that tagline sounds like it's for? EVENT HORIZON, your favourite!!

But it is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. And so here I go again:

IN THIS TOWN, YOU'RE EITHER ONE OR THE OTHER.
 
Famine
Matrixhasu - as has been pointed out, you posted a QUOTE from the middle of a film. This is about "taglines" - phrases which appear on film posters or video/DVD covers as a very brief, usually only a couple of words long, description of the film. Like "In space, no-one can hear you scream".


Sorry about that one. You might have been a little more specific in your first post though. :dunce:
 
That sounds so familiar! I can't think of any movie names right now... :ouch:
 
Okay I'll give everyone a clue:

"You're not fast enough for me!"
"Today I am."
 
Fast and the Furious?
 
Still just guessing, sounds like a western come to think of it. The Quick and the Dead?
 
Back