NAPA Chassis car pack

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 48 comments
Nice to see one of the cars from my post in the "create your own DLC" thread is being added. (Lotus Esprit V8)
I am not much of a fan of SUVs so I don't care much for the LandRover, but all the others I like.

I think the Lotus is free for all users according to the website. The 650s is the one that calls out to me the most, but I will pass on this DLC.

Not quite as exceptional as the previous packs, but still not bad. The Monte is an usual addition, especially considering the locale, but it should make for a lot of fun in the inevitable FM6 inclusion. The Rangie should be a blast too, now that it's so much lighter than the old model. And naturally, the RS6 will be terrifyingly fast on highway runs.

RANGE ROVER! I loved blasting around in the old Rangie in FH1, so the new one should be great in southern europe. It'll feel right at home around the super yachts in Nice too. :lol:

Will definitely pick up the season pass/car pass soon, as there's been a vehicle I really want in each pack.

Lotus Esprit - Always liked this car so happy to see it in Horizon 2, no doubt will have to give it a drive some point.

Mclaren 650 - I'm sorry but it looks to much like the P1 to be that interesting, come on guys be a bit creative in your car designs.

Chevrolet Mont Carlo Super Sport - I do like the look of this motor a lot, looks somewhat like the Buick GNX but I'm cool with that, will definitely have to give this vehicle a go some point.

Land Rover Range Rover SuperSports - I remember when Range Rovers were driven by Farmers and not Gangster Rappers :P, none the less I look forward to trying this beast out.

Buick GSX - meh, I don't know, just doesn't look that interesting to me, will still try it out.

Audi Rs4 Avant - I'm sure it will be a fun drive but just doesn't look that different from the previous version.. Still I like estates so will no doubt give it a spin.

An ok car pack, not the most exciting but it's ok.

Still hoping the Jaguar XJ220 and Vauxhall Lotus Carlton make it to the X Box One version, correct me if I'm wrong but the pattern here is the free dlc car per pack is one that is currently exclusive to the 360 version of FH2

Fairly decent pack I think, although not as good as the last two.

The Lotus will almost certainly ruffle some feathers being featured in DLC packs for both 5 and this. Since I never had the FM5 pack with it, and I do really like the late model Esprits, I'm personally happy to see it included. Makes a great noise too.

The RS6 is pretty well-rounded, but a bit bland for my tastes. Much prefer the RS4 Avant in terms of modern Audi estates/wagons.

Like the inclusion of the Range Rover, though why the Sport wasn't chosen is questionable. Then again, with more off-roady stuff, it might make a tad more sense. Haven't driven it yet but I'm hoping it should be quite a good drive.

Absolutely buzzing at the GSX being in. Love that thing.

I'm a bit ho-hum at the Monte Carlo. I brought the car up in the Guilty Pleasures thread, so I like it being in the game for those same reasons and the fact its such an oddball choice. Then again, I'd rather there'd been an oddball performance-orientated car that fits the European setting *cough* Lotus Carlton *cough*.

The 650S is rather good too. Not too fond of supercars in car packs, but this one is ridiculously out there for its group, and the styling quickly grew on me as I was driving it.

I think while this pack is probably the least appealing so far out of the car packs, it still is better than most of the Forza 5 DLC, which is definitely saying something. Not a big fan of the Monte Carlo, but the RS6 Avant and 650S I am big fans of and can't wait to drive them. Still waiting for a proper expansion though! (pls playground)

Another awesome pack, full of new cars and with a couple of much-appreciated comebacks.

It is clear what game they're playing at T10/PG now: pay for the development of new, critical assets (like the Jag F-Type, Alfa 4C, BMW M4...) by selling them as Horizon 2 DLC. Hopefully that will leave them room to focus on adding tracks and race cars (and to the general experience) to the next Forza Motorsport. Regardless, it's a smart strategy that will leave us happy (by virtue of giving us DLC that is worth buying) and is going to work for them too.

I think while this pack is probably the least appealing so far out of the car packs, it still is better than most of the Forza 5 DLC, which is definitely saying something. Not a big fan of the Monte Carlo, but the RS6 Avant and 650S I am big fans of and can't wait to drive them. Still waiting for a proper expansion though! (pls playground)
Proper expansion, meaning a map dlc?

If that's what you meant I fully agree

Yeah like a French Alps DLC or something to mix the locations up a little bit. That and a race editor of somesort and I'd be set until Horizon 3 :D
It'd be nice to be able to setup custom events but I kinda doubt they're going to fly back to France to photograph and model Alps tracks for a free/low price DLC. The cost would be phenomenal.

Lotus Esprit - Always liked this car so happy to see it in Horizon 2, no doubt will have to give it a drive some point.

Mclaren 650 - I'm sorry but it looks to much like the P1 to be that interesting, come on guys be a bit creative in your car designs.

Chevrolet Mont Carlo Super Sport - I do like the look of this motor a lot, looks somewhat like the Buick GNX but I'm cool with that, will definitely have to give this vehicle a go some point.

Land Rover Range Rover SuperSports - I remember when Range Rovers were driven by Farmers and not Gangster Rappers :P, none the less I look forward to trying this beast out.

Buick GSX - meh, I don't know, just doesn't look that interesting to me, will still try it out.

Audi Rs4 Avant - I'm sure it will be a fun drive but just doesn't look that different from the previous version.. Still I like estates so will no doubt give it a spin.

An ok car pack, not the most exciting but it's ok.

Still hoping the Jaguar XJ220 and Vauxhall Lotus Carlton make it to the X Box One version, correct me if I'm wrong but the pattern here is the free dlc car per pack is one that is currently exclusive to the 360 version of FH2

I think the Monte SS is an interesting choice simply because its performance is terrible. That car looked the business back in its day but it had no power at all. The Buick Grand National and GNX on the other hand was quite a performer.

The Buick GSX was quite a performer in its time and a very rare collector car today.

I think the Monte SS is an interesting choice simply because its performance is terrible. That car looked the business back in its day but it had no power at all. The Buick Grand National and GNX on the other hand was quite a performer.

The Buick GSX was quite a performer in its time and a very rare collector car today.
For the time it's performance certainly wasn't terrible.

For the time it's performance certainly wasn't terrible.

LOL, surely you can't be serious. 180hp from a 305ci V8 was dreadful.

1985 (Motortrend)

0-60mph in 8.4 sec.
1/4 mile in 16.1 sec.
0.82 g lateral accel.

1985 (Car & Driver)

0-60mph in 7.8 sec.
1/4 mile in 15.9 sec. @ 86mph
0.80 g lateral accel.

Well, you can basically build it into a GNX, right? Some of us have wished for a long time that T10/PG would give us fewer top-of-the-range models. You can always make a car quicker in Forza, but you can't do much to make it slower.

Well, you can basically build it into a GNX, right? Some of us have wished for a long time that T10/PG would give us fewer top-of-the-range models. You can always make a car quicker in Forza, but you can't do much to make it slower.

Well, the Monte SS comes with a low power 180hp V-8 from the factory and the GNX came with a high power underrated 276hp V-6 turbo, it won't quite be the same.

LOL, surely you can't be serious. 180hp from a 305ci V8 was dreadful.

1985 (Motortrend)

0-60mph in 8.4 sec.
1/4 mile in 16.1 sec.
0.82 g lateral accel.

1985 (Car & Driver)

0-60mph in 7.8 sec.
1/4 mile in 15.9 sec. @ 86mph
0.80 g lateral accel.
It wasn't. This was the time when all v8s suffered badly because of emission laws. If it was the 60s, it would have been dreadful, and nowadays it's just awful, but for the 80s it was respectable (and consider the mustang cobra from a decade before had 150 bhp from, iirc, a bigger engine)

Also, 180bhp is a good number for the car, if not the engine

It wasn't. This was the time when all v8s suffered badly because of emission laws. If it was the 60s, it would have been dreadful, and nowadays it's just awful, but for the 80s it was respectable (and consider the mustang cobra from a decade before had 150 bhp from, iirc, a bigger engine)

Also, 180bhp is a good number for the car, if not the engine

The Camaro IROC-Z had 230-240HP in 1988 from a 350ci V-8 and even had 215hp from the 305ci V-8 depending on which numbers you trust and the 1988 Mustang GT had 225HP from a 302ci V-8. The Monte was dog slow and yes I know that time period very well, I'm 39 years old and had my fair share of performance cars in those years, a 1987 Camaro IROC-Z, a 1987 Buick GN, and 1990 Corvette during that time period.

Last edited:
I've been off work ill so haven't had any interest in Xbox, but of all the cars it's the Monte I'm most interested in.

The Camaro IROC-Z had 230-240HP in 1988 from a 350ci V-8 and even had 215hp from the 305ci V-8 depending on which numbers you trust and the 1988 Mustang GT had 225HP from a 302ci V-8. The Monte was dog slow and yes I know that time period very well, I'm 39 years old and had my fair share of performance cars in those years, a 1987 Camaro IROC-Z, a 1987 Buick GN, and 1990 Corvette during that time period.

I'm sure even in SS trim, the Monte Carlo was considered more of a personal luxury coupe, hence not upping the power more.

However, the Camaro equipped with the HO 305 only made about 10 more HP than the Monte. The 200+ HP 305 Camaros had Tuned Port Injection, vs the 4bbl carb used on the Monte 305.

I'm sure even in SS trim, the Monte Carlo was considered more of a personal luxury coupe, hence not upping the power more.

However, the Camaro equipped with the HO 305 only made about 10 more HP than the Monte. The 200+ HP 305 Camaros had Tuned Port Injection, vs the 4bbl carb used on the Monte 305.

Fully aware of all of that, simply stating that the Monte SS was dog slow. Doesn't mean it can't be in FH2, its just not a performance car by any stretch.

VXR
I've been off work ill so haven't had any interest in Xbox, but of all the cars it's the Monte I'm most interested in.

I hope you feel better soon VXR. I am liking the 650 even though it looks way to much like it's siblings.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back