NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon has now won at every single track on the Cup schedule + North Wilkesboro + Rockingham. He has won at every track he has raced at.

Gordon has now won at every single track on the Cup schedule + North Wilkesboro + Rockingham. He has won at every track he has raced at.

Not Kentucky, which he's really good at. Next year he'll check that off of the list.

100th post!
Also, if nobody caught it, Brad's "I'm not big enough, fast enough, strong enough" line was from the opening of Madden 13.

Oh, wow. I went back and watched Jimmie's onboard. It was, in fact, a rear gear failure. About a lap before it failed, there was a lot of fluid on the rear bumper camera, and you could see a bit of smoke trailing behind. Then he reported the smoke in the cockpit, and half a lap later, it made this godawful shrieking/buzzing noise and he said "it's laying down... it just quit." He sounded kind of deflated, but Chad was very matter-of-fact about it, and certainly neither sounded frustrated.

With the penalty, interestingly, Johnson was completely silent on the radio. I would have expected one of his trademark "ARE YOU :censored:ING KIDDING ME?" radio transmissions.

Finally.

For Mr. Roger Penske... I commend you for finally getting that championship.

Finally.

As a Jeff Gordon fan, I'm proud for hhim on the win. As for the Cup championship, all I can say is...

ALL HAIL THE CHAMP!!!

Good job by all racers in all series all season long. Most of us (if not all of us) mere racing fans would never be capable of handling an intense season of racing in NASCAR. Thanks for putting on a great show all season long!

I know that drivers race differently because of the Chase, this isn't a fair comparison, yadda yadda. But I still think it's interesting to look at the if-the-Chase-didn't-exist standings to see whose finishes were best overall over the course of the season, ignoring the timing of when they occurred.

1. Keselowski 1259
2. Biffle -19
3. Johnson -28
4. Kenseth -41
5. Bowyer -46
6. Hamlin -92
7. Harvick -97
8. Truex -98
9. Earnhardt -115
10. Busch -126
11. Kahne -130
12. Stewart -147
13. Gordon -179
14. Newman -208
15. Edwards -229
16. Menard -253
17. Logano -294
18. Ambrose -309
19. Burton -376
20. Almirola -391
21. McMurray -391
22. Montoya -449
23. Labonte -487
24. Smith -512
25. Busch -524
26. Martin -558
27. Kvapil -621
28. Ragan -637
29. Mears -647
30. Gilliland -654
31. Cassill -661
32. Allmendinger -806
33. Blaney -842
34. Reutimann -886
35. Vickers -1009 (in eight starts!)

So, Chase or no Chase, I guess we crowned the "right" champion. And even knowing how good Biffle's first 26 races were, I still wouldn't have guessed that he'd end up second by this measure. These standings also underscore just how much the Chase benefited Kahne!

87th win for Gordon.

The only track he has not won at is the 2 year old Kentucky Speedway.

A true legend. If Evernham and him never parted he would have 8 or 9 titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back