NASCAR at the "ring"

• Thread starter StingrayX
  • 20 comments
Maximum downforce. Gearing to about ~205 mph max. I don't remember what my suspension was set up to exactly. Maybe ~15/16 for front and rear springs. 5 for dampers (exp) 7 for dampers (comp). I think everything else was left alone.

6:40 ish lap times.

I used default settings, but Aerodynamics at Max front and rear.

I don't think settings change whether you will win/lose at this event, its more a knowledge of Nurburgring and how well you can drive around it. Race fast, but with a margin for error. Before they dropped the restrictions I tried racing it to see how far up the field I could get by the end of lap 1. I'm sure if you put some time into it you could get into 1st by the end of the 1st lap, and probably a good setup would make up the difference. I only managed 4th and haven't had another go since. But 2 laps I found was plenty of time to get 1st on the default setup.

I used the default with down force maxed. Balance wise it felt neutral so I didn't bother messing with it. With the original restrictions in place I've run clean opening laps in the mid 6:30's, now that you can run softer tires and change the oil for a bit more HP laps down in the 6:1X range are pretty easy.

I did it bone stock in the car you get from gamestop. I will say however that for some reason driving the nascars comes really easy to me in this game and I know that some people (my roommate :P) just can't get as used to them.

Oh I beat it pretty easy also so I think if your on your game you don't need any tuning. Just take traction control off and stay as clean as you can, you have to go much slower than you would like sometimes in these cars.

Don't lower it because the curbs are tall and abrupt. Depending on your driving style you can make diff changes. I personally like the rear to start to rotate when I let off the gas. I max out front downforce and put 1/2 to 3/4 on rear. I prefer a "loose" setup though so max on both might be better for some. This was a fun one! (Unlike the current "Cheesonal" ones.) Easy Cheesy...

I find this very difficult. At the first checkpoint I'm like 41 seconds behind, and it pretty much stays in that range for the whole 1st lap then I quit cause if I cant make up time in the 1st lap dont see how I'd be able to do it the the 2nd

I used Max Downforce , Geared it down to 236 and soft tyres . At the end of Lap One I was in 5th Place . Caught the Leader halfway through Lap 2 and won by nearly 30 seconds . Trust me i'm very crap at driving on the ring :lol:

Max downforce front and back, gear ratio set to 190mph, camber 2.5 front and 1.7 rear with toe out front at -30 and rear at 0

i got this off another guy whos name escapes me, its a great tune ive never felt a nascar handle so well

I find this very difficult. At the first checkpoint I'm like 41 seconds behind, and it pretty much stays in that range for the whole 1st lap then I quit cause if I cant make up time in the 1st lap dont see how I'd be able to do it the the 2nd

yeah, i had the same problem but two races later ended up finishing 6th. :)

Get a fast start and catch up with with 11th car. If you have not caught him up after 45 seconds, (end of the first long straight up the hill) try again. Once you have a car in your sights i found it much easier to gauge the cornering speed and line by copying the guy infront.

Hope this helps

How are you guys setting the gearing so low without hitting the limiter on the straight?

I had it at 217 but just got passed on the straight, think I did it with 230 or so.

Otherwise just max downforce, lowered a few clicks and about 10 goes at it:ill:

Max downforce
Gears to 360kmh
Racing Soft Tires
Change oil
Skid recovery force: ON
ABS: 1

The rest just leave Stock

BTW, I managed to pass jeff gordon on the carrousel on the second lap when we had to use the RACING HARD tires to complete this. Very easy if you dont go off the track.

I'm another person that just left the car totally stock apart from maxing out the downforce. I managed to beat them by around 10 seconds when on the hard compound and a run down engine, so it must be much easier now you can boost the BHP and use soft tyres! I think the main thing you need to do is stay on the track, very simple but it makes it much easier and you won't even need to push.

i have problems with the lack of traction on the 1st gear and sometimes when I get jumpy on 2nd gear after a slow corner...managed 5th so far but I guess today's the last day...hopefully I can win it by tonight

Max downforce front and rear
ABS to 10 and skid recovery force ON
Overtook the leader a third of the way through the 2nd lap and finished 21 seconds in front.

Managed to finish first with a fair margin when the restrictions were still on. No aids or abs, but i did set the downforce to max. Propably the hardest part was to get used to the loooong gears. The car itself handled surprisingly well (one of the Toyotas).

i have problems with the lack of traction on the 1st gear and sometimes when I get jumpy on 2nd gear after a slow corner...managed 5th so far but I guess today's the last day...hopefully I can win it by tonight

I almost never used first gear, stay out of it, even at like Adenaeur Forst (spelling) where you're doing like 50mph, I kept it in 2nd

I had a HUGE problem with the car totally stock spinning the whole way around if I just KISSED the grass, so embarassingly I turned TC to 1 and Skid Recovery on and won on the 2nd try after that. Prior to that I had tried 10+ times, totally stock pre-order Nascar

I'm also using the very, very old Driving Force Pro (non GT)

It really comes down to just knowing the 'ring, the rest of the cars aren't going nearly as fast as you can. Regardless of how far back you are always complete the first lap before you restart so you can learn it as much as possible...once you get to 6th place the next group of guys are a lot closer together so they fall pretty quickly :)

good luck

yeah, i had the same problem but two races later ended up finishing 6th. :)

Get a fast start and catch up with with 11th car. If you have not caught him up after 45 seconds, (end of the first long straight up the hill) try again. Once you have a car in your sights i found it much easier to gauge the cornering speed and line by copying the guy infront.

Hope this helps

I was in the same boat. I tried it with a bone stock car and could barely get around it never mind catch anyone. The next night I put Medium Racing tires on and tried again and finished 7th on the first try. I ran out of time as it closed right after that but I think I could have gotten into the top three with some more practice and a little more downforce. Most of my problem was trying to come to grips with home much speed I could carry in the turns with a car almost 3 times as heavy as what I was used to.

Back