Who manufacturers the NASCAR engine blocks for Cup/Xfinity?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
bloodykills750
I have always wondered...who manufacturers the engine blocks for the NASCAR Cup and Xfinity series? Is the NASCAR team themselves, the manufacturers, or another group?

Last I checked, Toyota are the only OEM that actually build their own engines in-house for their NASCAR Cup teams. Ford I'm pretty sure employs Roush-Yates to build the engines for all of the Ford teams, and Chevrolet I believe employs Hendrick and/or Richard Childress Racing to build engines for the Chevy teams as well.

Not 100% sure about Xfinity, but I want to say it's the same situation as Cup.

If I recall, Roush-Yates does the motors in all three series for Ford (Although Penske do their own tuning last I checked). I can't remember if its ECR that does motors for all three series or Hendrick, might be a case of both but only any Hendrick affiliated teams getting the Hendrick motors and similar for ECR. And TRD basically does the engines for all three series, though initially it was Triad Racing Technologies that did Toyota engines As well as chassis and parts for all three series in an exclusive deal with Toyota Racing Development beginning in 2005.

Last edited:
Back