NASCAR Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harpic
  • 15 comments
  • 1,982 views
Would be very nice. I guess gr2 is the closest thing now, but too much downforce in bop?
 
This brings back huge nightmares for me from GT5/6.

I feel like the JGTC cars here are a universe away from the Nascars in GT6.

Its also a pipedream. With Nascar in real life in so much turmoil the chances of Nascar in GTS or Forza is slim to nil.

Nascar sort of would have a hard time being relevant to the typical GT Sport driver.
 
Nascar doesn't really belong in GTS. It was done before and didn't really fit in. Sport Car and Nascar are completely different animals of racing.

What's wrong with "Nascar Heat"? I've never played it, but it seems like a game that is designed around the world of Nascar would be far more enjoyable then playing them in GTS with 2 fictional oval tracks.

However, I actually wouldn't mind seeing PD make a blank generic version of a 'nascar', like a late 80's ish version. They would only need to make one since Nascars all look and handle the same. Then everyone can have their way with it in the livery editor.
 
"NASCAR doesn't belong in GT Sport". Sure, that's why there is a ripoff of Bristol Motor Speedway by the name of Northern Isle and a big NASCAR type track by the name of Blue Moon Bay. The real reason you won't see NASCAR in GT Sport is because of GT Sport's affiliation with the FIA. Not because it doesn't belong.
 
"NASCAR doesn't belong in GT Sport". Sure, that's why there is a ripoff of Bristol Motor Speedway by the name of Northern Isle and a big NASCAR type track by the name of Blue Moon Bay. The real reason you won't see NASCAR in GT Sport is because of GT Sport's affiliation with the FIA. Not because it doesn't belong.

Daytona 500 is an FIA race which means there can be no other FIA race anywhere worldwide that day.

NASCAR belongs in GTS as much as F1 does, The Cup series now has 3 road course races over the season, Sonoma, Watkins Glen, and Charlotte road course which I dont know much about, the other 2 would be welcome tracks to GTS, better than Fuji IMO. All of the low speed u-turns really do not make for much of a good race track.
 
Last edited:
no thanks this time no, i prefer other categories first, more Super GT, WRC, DTM, more Le Mans categories something like that.
 
I wouldn't mind a fictional stock car that we could paint.
Right now I like to use the CHC Nova with a stock setup. Little grip, long braking zones, and looks like something that would have been raced in the 60s.
IMG_3087.PNG
 
Daytona 500 is an FIA race which means there can be no other FIA race anywhere worldwide that day.
I have never heard that before and it's something I find hard to believe. Do you have a link or something? A quick Google search for me found nothing.
 
The inclusion of 2 Speedways of all circuits initially present in GTSport (even then it excluding the weird BB Speedway) should tell that there's should be some stock cars present.
 
Seven hells, I hope not.
The last time GT included nascar I thought it was kind of a joke.

I'm thinking nascar has become a joke. Cars dont look anything near like the cars they're supposed to be representing, they have to run the races in "stages" to keep them bunched up and keep the fans awake....way too gimmicky IMHO.
Colorful, overweight shoeboxes running in a circle.

No thanks.
 
Last edited:
Doesn't need to be NASCAR, but they could add fictional stock cars to the game (similar to the variants of car in Group 3 and 4). This does two things - avoids licensing costs and the need to scan vehicles.

I think they need at least one more oval if they're going to do that though. And they need to adjust the SR algorithm so that bump drafting on ovals isn't actively discouraged.

Daytona 500 is an FIA race which means there can be no other FIA race anywhere worldwide that day.

How good is peddling lies on the internet?
 
Last edited:
Back