NASCAR Expansion Discussion

This pack looks great! I find it odd that for Brad Keseloski's car they just put "Brad" instead of "Miller Lite". Oh well, knowing the painting community I bet there will be a Miller livery in a few days or so.

This pack looks great! I find it odd that for Brad Keseloski's car they just put "Brad" instead of "Miller Lite". Oh well, knowing the painting community I bet there will be a Miller livery in a few days or so.

There's already a Miller lite paint job lol

There is still the silly belief that seeing a beer or tobacco liveried car will make children more likely to drink or smoke.... which they might do because of seeing these things on TV anyways, but I digress.

There's already a Miller lite paint job lol
There is? Great, thanks!
There is still the silly belief that seeing a beer or tobacco liveried car will make children more likely to drink or smoke.... which they might do because of seeing these things on TV anyways, but I digress.
It is pretty silly given the amount of time drinking and smoking is practically encouraged in movies and tv...But whatever.

The SS. I'm calling it.

I just checked some pictures, it just says "Chevrolet" on the front in Forza while in real life it says "Chevrolet SS".
Wow, I'm calling bs on the whole "licensing" excuse and "global naming strategies" excuse on the Forza official forums. This isn't even a badge, this is 2 words that can't exist together. Amazing.

I thought it was known that it wasn't to do with Chevrolet and their global naming strategy and instead to do Microsoft or Turn 10 wanting every tiny thing that alludes to adult content (e.g Cigarettes, Alcohol sponsorship) to be taken out to conform with games rating and to sold as a %100 family friendly game. I thought that was known? Of course, it still doesn't make up for how absurdly stupid the decision is, but that's none of my business.

I love the patch that comes with this DLC. Single Races make more fun now and tire wear actually is noticeable now. The Pack itself is simply to expensive with 5 Cars and 1 Track. I wait for a sale.

Just buy with Russian currency. Its half price.

Is anyone doing the 'bonus objectives'? I'm on the 3rd race and and its 4 laps of road america but they want me to do a quick stop.

Not sure if its worth it given it doesnt really explain what you get for doing it?

Just buy with Russian currency. Its half price.

Is anyone doing the 'bonus objectives'? I'm on the 3rd race and and its 4 laps of road america but they want me to do a quick stop.

Not sure if its worth it given it doesnt really explain what you get for doing it?
You get a valid finish. If you don't pit, you're disqualified. Think of it as the mandatory pit stops from GT6 Online.

Hey quick question...Is there any way to get the game to randomize the field in free play?..With the new Nascar expansion the computer always assigns the same grid order for the Drivatars. It goes all Chevys then Toyota then Ford ...Any kind of setting change that works?

Apparently there is some controller vibration feedback bug. Expect 5 to 10 days for a quickfix.

Might shelve this one until they got it sorted out. Its a pretty fun diversion. I like not needing to tune.

I find the AI puzzling in that you can easily do 'em at the speedways. They're not that easy on the circuits.

You may want to tune AI per race for a challenge.

Their standard engines produce 725HP/450lb/ft but then when fully upgraded with the other 5.9L V8 engine with the engine de-restricted to 994HP, plus the weight reduced to 2819lb (1278kg) with all the other upgrades and with the Powertrain Engineer mod that increases power by up to 10% (any of them will increase power up to around 1100HP) on all cars would mean extreme racing with extreme speed and grip on ovals, but on other tracks, you need to control the throttle to fight back against the extreme wheelspin. Reduce the gears to around 3.00 and that's over 370KM/H (230MPH) of action.

Tried it with the #22 Shell-Pennzoil Team Penske Ford Fusion, it was really good.

Slipstreaming actually feels more effective as well compared to the previous versions.

Apparently there is some controller vibration feedback bug. Expect 5 to 10 days for a quickfix.

Might shelve this one until they got it sorted out. Its a pretty fun diversion. I like not needing to tune.

I find the AI puzzling in that you can easily do 'em at the speedways. They're not that easy on the circuits.

You may want to tune AI per race for a challenge.

5-10 days? That seems unusually long for something they can fix overnight. Anyway, the game feels nothing like a Forza game without the vibration. Here's hoping they take care of it on an ASAP basis.

Apparently there is some controller vibration feedback bug. Expect 5 to 10 days for a quickfix

Does that affect all cars? I do not own the expansion but something about the driving experience feels off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it but maybe it's the controller feedback.

Problem is I've been playing Apex exclusively... Forza 6 has been in a lull with a lack of content.

There is supposed to be a vibration when you draft behind another car and it *sometimes* activates but the nascars been strangley dead and dull to me.

Granted I'm only 5 races in and 2 or 3 of those were ovals so much so I have a crick in my neck.

Its been acknowledged by a Turn 10 rep. so its not like people are dreaming it.

Does that affect all cars? I do not own the expansion but something about the driving experience feels off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it but maybe it's the controller feedback.
Affects every car, every track.

I thought it was known that it wasn't to do with Chevrolet and their global naming strategy and instead to do Microsoft or Turn 10 wanting every tiny thing that alludes to adult content (e.g Cigarettes, Alcohol sponsorship) to be taken out to conform with games rating and to sold as a %100 family friendly game. I thought that was known? Of course, it still doesn't make up for how absurdly stupid the decision is, but that's none of my business.

If you read the article on ForzaMotorsport.net, it alludes to Joe Gibbs guiding the "Washington football team" (or words to that effect) to 3 Super Bowl wins. Yet when you boot up Madden on your Xbox One, oh look, there's the Redskins name and logo! :rolleyes:

If you read the article on ForzaMotorsport.net, it alludes to Joe Gibbs guiding the "Washington football team" (or words to that effect) to 3 Super Bowl wins. Yet when you boot up Madden on your Xbox One, oh look, there's the Redskins name and logo! :rolleyes:
That could be a copyright issue. I think even using the Redskins name in that description could make them liable to pay the NFL for using their trademark (or the Redskins themselves, I'm not sure of the ownership situation with nicknames).

That could be a copyright issue. I think even using the Redskins name in that description could make them liable to pay the NFL for using their trademark (or the Redskins themselves, I'm not sure of the ownership situation with nicknames).

Good point. That's probably the more likely reason, now that you mention it.

I was just watching a video of some Youtuber testing the DLC, can't remember which one, and Danica was leading his race at Homestead. Then he went to the Glen, and Danica was leading again.

Highly unrealistic, then, T10. :lol:

Not trying to turn this into a versus discussion, but I hope PD is taking note of this. This is what NASCAR should've been like in GT5.
Agreed 100%. I'm loving this expansion. The rolling starts were a fantastic addition as well. :)

What's with the screens/clips taken in Forza not uploading to the DVR anymore after installing the DLC? Am I the only one having this problem, or is Forza just broken?

What's with the screens/clips taken in Forza not uploading to the DVR anymore after installing the DLC? Am I the only one having this problem, or is Forza just broken?

No, you're not the only one. It's a real buzzkill too because I have these stills that I can't do anything with unless I hook the One up to capture card - making the whole thing pointless to begin with as I could've done just that from the get-go. :grumpy:

Back