NASCAR Expansion Discussion

No, you're not the only one. It's a real buzzkill too because I have these stills that I can't do anything with unless I hook the One up to capture card - making the whole thing pointless to begin with as I could've done just that from the get-go. :grumpy:

Don't talk to me 'bout that - I am basically watching my shots in the GameDVR through a stream to my PC, and screenshooting them again. Thankfully I am able to run the stream at the maximum possible quality, which hopefully will result in minimal (or no) quality loss, but still...

Hopefully it's just some post-update weirdness and not another brilliant idea to ensure all our shots are horribly watermarked jpgs.

Has anyone been playing long enough to form an opinion on the different Homestead layouts and conditions? My interest in the expansion relies heavily on the general consensus on it. The campaign sounds interesting, but I nearly always end up creating my own races in Free Play.

The NASCAR racing I've seen so far looks fun, but I'm already enjoying the new gameplay mechanics for free. Obviously, I can't help comparing this expansion to the diverse Porsche DLC and its numerous VIR configurations. It was great value and also slightly cheaper in my currency. Two interrelated concerns currently make me hesitant buying the NASCAR content. First, the liveries are essentially advertisements. I'd rather pay for a bag of M&M's I can eat than paying for their name on car that wouldn't perform any different without it. Second, I know I'd quickly remove most of the cars from the the garage because I'd rather not scroll through redundant fillers when browsing my acquisitions. I tend to pick my favorites among duplicates. Am I overlooking something making the expansion worth every penny?

Random observation... Funny how the game merely refers to the new track as "Homestead". The official logo says Homestead Miami Speedway, so how did a small suburb overshadow Miami at the Turn 10 headquarters? After all, they did bother to recognize the full name for tracks like Monza. Furthermore, FM6 now features three tracks from Florida. Small paradox as Turn 10 is situated in the opposite Pacific Northwest corner of the United States. Not feeling like going abroad? Then go as far away as you can domestically. I'm aware they picked the location of the annual season finale, but aren't there more spectacular NASCAR venues in North America not already in the game?

but aren't there more spectacular NASCAR venues in North America not already in the game?

Aside Dover, Bristol and Martinsville (and perhaps Loudon, but that's a boring racetrack), pretty much every other oval is essentially similar in shape and overall design.

I've never heard anyone ever call Homestead anything but Homestead. I'd guess because it has a road course made it an easy pick.

Darlignton and Talledega are the only other two I'd be interested in. There's not huge differences in some of the newer tracks.

Edit: Pocono would be another, 3 very different curves to it. I think IRL still races there as well.

Look at the game "Nascar '14" - it has all the tracks and its BO-ORRING. I dont mind the superspeedways or tri-ovals. The only big one missing in F6 is Talladega which is sorely missed IMO.

Seen one short mile oval, you really seen them all.

TBH I'm enjoying this expansion much more than the Porsche one, not a huge fan of Porsche as it turns out and half the cars were rubbish, but this one is a lot of fun with how much grip these cars have and how controllable they are, the new tracks is not bad either and probably didn't take much time to make, it looks pretty simple even compared to Daytona/Indy, gonna play the career further.

Agree ^^^ - even 5 races in I like this more than Porsche and the irony is... I dont like Nascar and I think the 911 is king.

I can see that I will like completing the Nascar events once they have the vibration fixed.

The Porsche events dragged.

Agree ^^^ - even 5 races in I like this more than Porsche and the irony is... I dont like Nascar and I think the 911 is king.

I can see that I will like completing the Nascar events once they have the vibration fixed.

The Porsche events dragged.
Yeah, especially those Macan/Cayenne events, ugh. Terrible.

Look at the game "Nascar '14" - it has all the tracks and its BO-ORRING. I dont mind the superspeedways or tri-ovals. The only big one missing in F6 is Talladega which is sorely missed IMO.

Seen one short mile oval, you really seen them all.

To be fair, the official NASCAR series is likely programed by a team of chipmunks, so it's no surprise that it sucks. I actually really enjoy a 24 car grid on the shorter ovals in Forza, and the AI are actually a pretty good challenge when set to max difficulty.

To be fair, the official NASCAR series is likely programed by a team of chipmunks, so it's no surprise that it sucks. I actually really enjoy a 24 car grid on the shorter ovals in Forza, and the AI are actually a pretty good challenge when set to max difficulty.

Really? I just did the 7 lap IndyCar showcase on Indianapolis. After the content update it's still far too easy to win on unbeatable after starting down in the middle. Winning is basically a matter of fairly decent oval driving and making use of obvious drafting opportunities. Very boring!

I get that the game has to be friendly to every type of player, but that's also why unbeatable should humble those who care more about great racing than winning.

Gave a Nascar race a go.

It was fun and I was doing well until I got a tap that made me roll.

Im quite surprised Homestead has a Rain option considering in reality so much as a tiny raindrop hits the track and the entire race is stopped.

Does offer an interesting challenge though I have to admit.

Im quite surprised Homestead has a Rain option considering in reality so much as a tiny raindrop hits the track and the entire race is stopped.

The severity of rain on any track in FM6 would probably cause a safety car or red flag on their real world counterparts. I suppose Turn 10 wanted to inject as much value into the expansion as the deal enabled them to.

Really? I just did the 7 lap IndyCar showcase on Indianapolis. After the content update it's still far too easy to win on unbeatable after starting down in the middle. Winning is basically a matter of fairly decent oval driving and making use of obvious drafting opportunities. Very boring!

I get that the game has to be friendly to every type of player, but that's also why unbeatable should humble those who care more about great racing than winning.

I should have stated that Indy is the exception, no matter what you're racing. For whatever reason the AI just completely craps out at the turns. Even in F1 cars they brake around those turns for some unknown reason.

I've been overthinking whether I should get this expansion, so I finally went ahead and bought it. First thing I did was taking the Ferrari 512 for a ride around Homestead's alternative infield layout. Decent track but I'm probably a bigger fan of its summery feel.

As for NASCAR, I've only driven a Chevrolet so far. Sounds great, handles well, and looks very American. The active aero was a nice surprise.

I did a full grid 6 lap NASCAR race around Daytona's oval. It was more entertaining than watching real NASCAR and the AI seemed to work fairly well compared to the IndyCar races I've done on ovals after the May update.

Is drafting better now? I thought it felt pretty authentic before, but now I believe the car gets sucked in too easily. Nor am I a big fan of the tunnel vision camera effect within high speed slipstreams. The way it zooms in and out can be distracting while navigating a banked oval with little room for error. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it, but in my opinion unnecessary eye candy in a game like this.

First impressions of the expansion are good overall.

I've never heard anyone ever call Homestead anything but Homestead. I'd guess because it has a road course made it an easy pick.

Darlignton and Talledega are the only other two I'd be interested in. There's not huge differences in some of the newer tracks.

Edit: Pocono would be another, 3 very different curves to it. I think IRL still races there as well.
Homestead USED to have variety before the track remodeling.

I've been overthinking whether I should get this expansion, so I finally went ahead and bought it. First thing I did was taking the Ferrari 512 for a ride around Homestead's alternative infield layout. Decent track but I'm probably a bigger fan of its summery feel.

As for NASCAR, I've only driven a Chevrolet so far. Sounds great, handles well, and looks very American. The active aero was a nice surprise.

I did a full grid 6 lap NASCAR race around Daytona's oval. It was more entertaining than watching real NASCAR and the AI seemed to work fairly well compared to the IndyCar races I've done on ovals after the May update.

Is drafting better now? I thought it felt pretty authentic before, but now I believe the car gets sucked in too easily. Nor am I a big fan of the tunnel vision camera effect within high speed slipstreams. The way it zooms in and out can be distracting while navigating a banked oval with little room for error. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it, but in my opinion unnecessary eye candy in a game like this.

First impressions of the expansion are good overall.
I'm not sure as I haven't dabbled with the game options in a while, but I'm fairly certain there is an option to remove motion effects in the menus. Would that change it?

I'm not sure as I haven't dabbled with the game options in a while, but I'm fairly certain there is an option to remove motion effects in the menus. Would that change it?

I can't check right now but maybe there is. Wouldn't that disable all shaking and rumbling though?

I can't check right now but maybe there is. Wouldn't that disable all shaking and rumbling though?
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I'm fairly positive I've had it off for ever, although, I can't recall 100%.

95Mb patch incoming. It feels more normal.

Still very weird and inconsistent AI... had a real hard time at Monza taking 1st on the 4th lap... then did Bernise and took 1st end of the 1st lap.

Also had a race with mixed cars ie. mclarens porsches etc. and wasnt sure about it because you would think the Nascars would get wasted on Catalyuna.

I hope the DVR photo sharing is resolved soon. I had to use the rubbish FM.net service last night and the pictures are pants compared to the PNG screen caps.

Has this update fixed anything at all? It appears that they only further borked stuff. WTH, T10?

There's news on the official forum that the patch addresses vibration/FFB issues and one other issue pertaining to ghosts. Go to the the Forza 6 section, then Support.

What did it further break? Seeing nothing on my end
Online Hoppers are broken. You can use X class cars in E class for example, and all banned cars are available to use, including the Rocket 69. Stay away from hoppers until this is fixed, as it's literally impossible to race cleanly.

Online Hoppers are broken. You can use X class cars in E class for example, and all banned cars are available to use, including the Rocket 69. Stay away from hoppers until this is fixed, as it's literally impossible to race cleanly.

Ah I see, haven't played online recently. Yeah they better fix that, I assume that would be a pretty quick fix.

EDIT: Yeah Triton said they're investigating it now over on the forums.

The race results will also get all mixed up.

On the plus side, it seems that they've fixed the vibration and ghost car issues. They are also investigating why the screenshot and clips aren't uploading (for some players, apparently some other have had no issue whatsoever) and the hoppers have gone insane. No word on whether or not the track selection screen will ever get fixed.

All in all, nice update, but it broke the game, and T10 is taking their sweet time patching apparently very simple things up.

So out of complete morbid curiosity, I joined an E class hopper and brought out my E300 El Camino. Everyone else was using Indy cars and the Lotus E23, except for 2 others who clearly wanted a proper E class race, as one was in the Willy's Jeep, and the other was in the Mazda Cosmo. The race started, and I maybe moved 30 ft before getting pushed up to around 160mph by an E23 and drilled straight into the first wall on Road America. I recovered, and saw that the Jeep was being ganged up on by two Indy cars. Coming onto the second straight, I was rammed so hard by an Indy car, that he spun out, and I went flipping hard off the track. I quit right after.

Back