NASCAR Heat 2 Coming to PS4, XB1 and PC This Fall

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, May 16, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. ss3

ss3

Finally. The first one did not impress me. The races were to hard, and you cannot look back!! That is a huge No no for me. I have to be able to. I check behind almost as much as I'm actually looking ahead!

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Looks like split screen is confirmed. You can see it in the new menu screen they got.

4. Dylan

Dylan

5. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Kyle Busch will be the cover driver, I'm sure this will result in nothing but positive comments across the usual cesspools. :lol:

RACECAR likes this.
  6. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Ed Martin Sounds Pretty Confident about NASCAR Heat 2. I'm ready to get some info.

7. Fryto

Fryto

For me it's pretty simple:
    Rubberbanding? No buy
    No rubberbanding? Might buy :)

Elitekilla29 likes this.
  8. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

That's one of the reasons why I don't play offline on NASCAR Heat Evolution. If it didn't have that I might've played the career mode. For now when I do play NHE I just join a private lobby with friends.

9. JoshB1984

JoshB1984

NASCAR Heat 2? Wait a minute, I thought NASCAR Heat: Dirt to Daytona was NASCAR Heat 2, and NASCAR Heat Evolution as NASCAR Heat 3. I am so confused!

10. BKGlover

BKGlover

Welcome to the world of "If it's seven years or older, it doesn't exist" marketing.

11. JoshB1984

JoshB1984

*sighs* So meme time...

[​IMG]

BKGlover likes this.
  12. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I was in stitches when I found that out because of all that nonsense (Also dumbfounded because OMG I picked someone that did well :lol:) Best part is ironically, he also won the All-Star Race as well. Let the Salt mines flow.

13. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

They said they go be at E3 which is shocking. So no doubt we should be getting some info next week. Like I said before I'm not hyped but just curious about where they gonna go with this game. All I gotta say is that if this is another medicore NASCAR game then I pretty much lost faith in this company and hope to see either EA return or see codemasters take a shot at making a NASCAR game. But that's if though.

14. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

If they don't get this right or at least much better then the last, I'm not exactly sure ANYONE will to even do it or even will do it right.

15. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Even if EA was to return? Yea 08 and 09 were bad but compare those two games to the NASCAR game's from 2011-now......

RazorSharkz likes this.
  16. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

One thing already wrong is as far as I'm aware, none of the teams or studios that made the previous games are there anymore (There was a massive reshuffling I believe). Another, as tired a joke as this is, is that its EA. I haven't quite shook the sting of the crap they've done with other games (and the massive backlash Mass Effect Andromeda got as well as the less then warm reception of the lastest NFS game does nothing to quell it.)

My confidence in EA to do anything well just isn't there.

TX Executioner likes this.
  17. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

I hate that they all went there separate ways. And I don't see what's bad about the new need for speed game (so far) but that's another discussion for another time.

Anyway I don't see this game being realistic at all (like the last one) but I think it will be a lot of features and stuff. The reason I said it won't be realistic is because of the current engine their using to develop the game on which is unity. I don't see the physics improving that much. Until they develop the game on a better engine I won't expect a realistic game.

18. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I'm not even asking for a super sim game. I just want a NASCAR game that isn't a wonky or awful inconsistent mess that's underwhelming and severly limiting, which sadly have been the last 6 six games regardless of developer.

19. ukfan758

ukfan758

Codemasters should make the Nascar games, this last game was a complete joke and should have only sold new for $20-30. I don't expect much of an improvement.

RazorSharkz and bloodyboyblue like this.
  20. tbwhhs

tbwhhs

Casey, ukfan758 and Elitekilla29 like this.
  21. ukfan758

ukfan758

RazorSharkz likes this.
  22. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Well damn, that's a pleasant surprise.

RazorSharkz likes this.
  23. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Props to 704games for listening to the feedback we gave them. As long as the game functions well this could no doubt be the best NASCAR I have played since NASCAR 06. All of this is very unexpected. I really thought the trucks and Xfinity series were not gonna be in the game but I was clearly wrong.

24. BKGlover

BKGlover

Well, the solid premise is there, now to see if they know how to put the rest of it together.

Northstar and ukfan758 like this.
  25. chances14

chances14

nice to see all 3 series finally in a nascar game again.

26. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    RazorSharkz likes this.
  27. HELLAFLUSH240SX

HELLAFLUSH240SX

When is the last time there has been a NASCAR game with real modeled trucks? I remember NASCAR 09 had trucks but they were all generic.

28. BKGlover

BKGlover

Ummm...I think you have to go back to Dirt to Daytona to get close, even then they aren't decaled. Beyond that it'd be NR2003 and iRacing mods.

29. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

On consoles..... never. Here's a few more new screenshots:

Screenshot_2017-06-15-00-17-51.png Screenshot_2017-06-15-00-17-57.png Screenshot_2017-06-15-00-18-03.png

RazorSharkz likes this.
  30. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Anyone wanna try and figure out the drivers from the screenshots? Here's what I've gathered from both a youtube comment and the digging I've done:

Xfinity (9)
    Justin Allgaier
    Ryan Reed
    Micheal Annett
    Elliot Sadler
    Aric Almorola (Which is abit conflicting since he's a cup driver)
    Cole Custer? (At least that's what I'm guessing with that white Ford in the Pocono shot)
    Darrell Wallace Jr (Which would be slightly messed up considering he's..sorta out of a job right now)
    Ray Black Jr
    Matt Tifft
    Brennen Poole

Trucks (13)
    Chase Briscoe
    Ryan Truex
    Noah Gragson
    John Hunter Nemechek
    Austin Cindric
    Tyler Young
    Matt Crafton
    Christopher Bell
    Cody Coughlin
    Grant Enfinger
    Myatt Snider
    Jennifer Jo Cobb
    Korbin Forrister

Also, I'm surprised nobody here used these shots from before E3:

[​IMG]

That adds Brandon Jones, Daniel Suarez and One of the Penske drivers (Either Keseloski, Logano or Blaney)

Elitekilla29 likes this.