NASCAR Invitational II (Sunday 13th February) *Read first post and post #69*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fuzzy
  • 88 comments
  • 4,905 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

YNWA
Premium
Messages
1,458
United Kingdom
UK
Hello people, I'm looking for 14 people to join me to race at Daytona Speedway next Sunday. The race length will be 101 laps inlcuding pace lap on the first lap. People who are commited to this event, I don't want people dropping out half way through the race.

Practice.
I'll be on all week prior to the event, we can go through questions and practice the stuff. All the entrants must show up to hold there spot in the main race. Also test the servers too, see if theres any lag issues.

Qualifying procedure.
TBA

Rules:
I will open the room at 18:00 GMT for questions
Free run will start at 18:15 GMT then the race will follow when qualifying is completed
Grid will be set via Free run prior to race
Pace car Chevrolet Camaro SS (White) (GTPlanet userTommyWizard)
Not only TommyWizard is the pace car, but he will be the steward for the race aswell, so we have to be honest and respect him. For example, double file restart will be like real life. Also if someone spins out, TommyWizard will say caution out or pace car out, we slow down like real life. The driver or drivers involved in a wreck will have to make a mandatory pit stop.
Laps 101
Do not take out other oppenents intentionally
Do not drive backwards at anytime
If 1 lap or more down, do not intentionally spin out to cause a caution. This will not be tolerated. People can get the lucky dog rule, that is the first person a lap down can get back onto the lead lap. (TommyWizard) will say the drivers name or type the drivers name in the chat log.
In Free run prior to race test bump drafting if you want
Bump drafting allowed obviously, however be careful through the corners due to the unbelievable slipstream
Double file restart behind pace car at all times, at the start of the race we will have 1 warm up lap behind pace car. Pace car will pull off onto light grey tarmac just before the pits. Thats where the pace car will be postioned most race and will keep an eye on the track map.
The leader has the choice on the restarts whether to start on the inside or outside. He has to make his decision and when he does, the rest of the grid will be formed.
For example, P1 inside - P2 outside
P3 behind P1 - P4 behind P2
So basically it will be odd numbers one side and the other side even numbers.
Also in the double file restart you have to hold your position, you can only overtake after the start/finish line. No jump starting.
When making a pit stop make sure you brake down to 70 mph
When making a pit stop, coming out of the last turn make sure you be on the inside.
Overtaking below the yellow line is not allowed and under caution aswell. ( So when the caution is out/pace car you slow down and stay in your position, no overtaking.
Honesty is a must for this event if it is going to be a success.

Mechanical Damage - Heavy
Boost - No
Penalty - None
Grip Reduction - Real
Tyre Restrictions - Racing Soft
NO - Skid Recovery Force
NO - Active Steering
NO - ASM
NO - TCS
Driving line OFF
 
Last edited:
1. Fuzzy - Host/Race Steward
2. TommyWizard - Pace car/Race Steward
3. ROUSCHFUSION
4. Gtuuk
5. Welda
6. Chadwicksracing
7. NitrouStang96
8. WillieSmoke420
9. Joe (Decision will be made by himself close to race day)
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16. Knelly (Considering)
 
Last edited:
Yes please :)
 
Put me down as a "maybe", since I won't know whether I can make it or not until the day or the event.
 
Count me in Fuzz!!!
 
I think this is 1pm our time welda
 
I wish to enter, though I may not be able to do more than be a "start and park". But I fancy it.

PSN me.
 
I just noticed the full damage....wondering how that is going to workout??? But I am ready for whatever. Gt cars later???
 
I just noticed the full damage....wondering how that is going to workout??? But I am ready for whatever. Gt cars later???

Don't go bonkers in the first 2 laps like everyone else I meet online.
 
Don't go bonkers in the first 2 laps like everyone else I meet online.

Dont worry, those on the entrants list at the moment know what its about.
Now regarding start and park, I really dont want you to take a spot then park mid race. That will not be fair to someone who misses out on the event and is willing to do the full distance.
 
Ok then... I'll stand aside if needed. But if you need an extra racer, my ~833 Red Bull Camry is more than ready!
 
Can you put my name down please fuzzy? Thanks
 
Dude you know I am there.

You have our full Support man. If you need help running dual races 👍
 
I'm in!
 
I'm in. I've raced with you before fuzzy once and I had a great time.
 
Don't go bonkers in the first 2 laps like everyone else I meet online.
Not worried about my skill's....we tried the full damage at Daytona and with all the bump drafting and lag it was a brutal race.... but as I said before...I am ready for whatever.
 
I'd find someon to draft with and drop to rear... just weather out the storm
 
Thank goodness I wont be getting a scratch haha!
 
Fuzzy you forgot to add me.
 
I thought this thread might need a bump. There are not too many guys interested. I know its Sunday..maybe too many are going to church.
 
I'd say we will get a few more.👍
 
Im in. love the high damage races.
 
Do you mind if I invite a few who are not on this site? I race with a couple of decent racers who are predominately British (Dararo, Chopperbum, Zip etc).
 
I mentioned it to dararo yesterday.
 
Do you mind if I invite a few who are not on this site? I race with a couple of decent racers who are predominately British (Dararo, Chopperbum, Zip etc).

I mentioned it to dararo yesterday.

Look guys, do you know how many times I've raced against them ?

One or two times, that's about it. The people who are on the list right now, I've raced with them many times and they understand the rules.

I can't and will not let people who don't understand the rules race in this event. I held a similar event to this back at the start of December, there were a few people in that race what didnt follow the rules. Since then I've made lot more friends online through NASCAR, therefore I'm confident that this event will go smoother than last time.
 
Last edited:
I only mentioned it as Chadwick bumped up the thread due to lack of interest, that's all.
 
I tought dararo had an account here.
 
I only mentioned it as Chadwick bumped up the thread due to lack of interest, that's all.

I only bumped it because it fell to the 2nd page. I know some of regulars we race with check here once a day. 👍

Chad
 
Put me down too fuzzy. Sounds like fun.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back