NASCAR Invitational II (Sunday 13th February) *Read first post and post #69*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fuzzy
  • 88 comments
  • 4,905 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be any tuning rules? Like top speed?
Or can we just set it up the way we like.
Also I'm using the Juan Montoya car. Just felt like telling people.
 
Sorry for the sort of off topic-ness...

Is the 'pace' going to be 55mph like the last time or increase to 70mph to match the pit entry speeds?

Just to sort of clear my side as well, I use a wired mic so I wont have to worry about a dying mic. I do understand however that due to my.. odd connection.. I do seem to cut out to everyone in the room but the owner for some reason. But this fixes itself within a 2 minute timeframe.

To the point, I will always call caution while parked Here (Inside the Grey Area away from Tarmac)). I will not come barreling out when I call it, giving preference to anyone coming past me at that moment. In other words dont worry about dropping the anchors if I call it and you see me crawling to the trackside.

What I did the last time to simulate real life was keep the car to manual and having its nuts revving in first. This allowed me to dab the brakes on and off to flash the taillights. Of course when I cross the line and stop doing so is the time to get into a proper formattion. I believe the race restarted as soon as I crossed the yellow lines for the tarmac'd area where I stewart from.

Hope to see you guys out there and hopefully my connection holds up this time :)
 
Sorry for the sort of off topic-ness...

Is the 'pace' going to be 55mph like the last time or increase to 70mph to match the pit entry speeds?

Just to sort of clear my side as well, I use a wired mic so I wont have to worry about a dying mic. I do understand however that due to my.. odd connection.. I do seem to cut out to everyone in the room but the owner for some reason. But this fixes itself within a 2 minute timeframe.

To the point, I will always call caution while parked Here (Inside the Grey Area away from Tarmac)). I will not come barreling out when I call it, giving preference to anyone coming past me at that moment. In other words dont worry about dropping the anchors if I call it and you see me crawling to the trackside.

What I did the last time to simulate real life was keep the car to manual and having its nuts revving in first. This allowed me to dab the brakes on and off to flash the taillights. Of course when I cross the line and stop doing so is the time to get into a proper formattion. I believe the race restarted as soon as I crossed the yellow lines for the tarmac'd area where I stewart from.

Hope to see you guys out there and hopefully my connection holds up this time :)

Yes we are raising the caution speed to 70 mph this time.

You still got that Chevrolet Camaro SS (White) ?
If not let me know and I'll buy it for you.
 
I have the RM version which is white if necessary.
 
Any truth to their being a pace car you can buy ? Or am i :crazy:
 
I only mentioned it as Chadwick bumped up the thread due to lack of interest, that's all.
Lack of interest?! Race was half filled within 24hrs... :)
 
Count me in
 
Any truth to their being a pace car you can buy ? Or am i :crazy:

There is a official Gran Turismo Nissan Skyline pace car in the game. This was in previous Gran Turismo games. Tommy will be using the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10, this was used as a pace car at some of the races last season.
 
I have the GT pace car...I had to get it because....well just because. But it is in the game...lights and all.
 
I have the GT pace car...I had to get it because....well just because. But it is in the game...lights and all.

Welda it's okay just be honest with us guy's ' you got it because of the flickering lights 👍
 
Welda it's okay just be honest with us guy's ' you got it because of the flickering lights 👍
I am a sucker for bright flashy light's......but have always had bad luck when they are blue:(
 
@ Fuzzy

Been saving it for a rainy day :) It even has a set of Goodyear Eagles and matching wheels too now lol.

I'll get on someday here and adjust it to hit 70 for pace :D
 
Hi everybody, I'm new to online racing and would love to race in this type of event. I'm at Level 21 in the game but I probably need to get some more time in on the online NASCAR races before I can safely join you guys. Love to see that this type of event exists! I had been wondering when I first started out online if there was clean racing to be had anywhere. For the first time last night I joined a clean NASCAR race and learned a lot. I would love a race where you have to pit and there's cautions etc. I'm a NASCAR fan but a new NASCAR fan so I don't know all the ins and outs yet but I'm getting there. 👍
 
Guys, this Saturday it would be good to do a couple of 10 or 20 lappers before Sunday's race. Test stuff and that.
 
Guys, this Saturday it would be good to do a couple of 10 or 20 lappers before Sunday's race. Test stuff and that.
We should get together before the Race and run a couple 50's?????
 
What laps are people doing in the online practice? Without draft I can do 40,9 or 41 flat. 249 gears as well.
 
We should get together before the Race and run a couple 50's?????

I dont mind on how many laps we run. Just want to test my connection as host, see if I get disconnected and also see if there is any lag during race.
 
We should get together before the Race and run a couple 50's?????
Since SCANA has been postponed, I concur.

What laps are people doing in the online practice? Without draft I can do 40,9 or 41 flat. 249 gears as well.
Mid-high 41's. I've never seen anyone run anywhere near a 41 flat alone.

I dont mind on how many laps we run. Just want to test my connection as host, see if I get disconnected and also see if there is any lag during race.
You should test it on both Fixed Host and not... I think you get different results that way.
 
I must of meant 41,9 or 42 flat then. :dunce:
 
What laps are people doing in the online practice? Without draft I can do 40,9 or 41 flat. 249 gears as well.

Newb here trying to learn, what does "I can do 40,9 or 41 flat. 249 gears as well" mean?
 
@ Fuzzy

Been saving it for a rainy day :) It even has a set of Goodyear Eagles and matching wheels too now lol.

I'll get on someday here and adjust it to hit 70 for pace :D


:tup:That's awesome!
 
I must of meant 41,9 or 42 flat then. :dunce:

Ok I figured that one out, top speed is set to 249 in the trani settings and 41,9 means 41.9 seconds per lap. Is the comma instead of a dot an irish thing?
 
Over 1.000.000.000,00 on the planet have their , and . mixed up. Europeans mostly.
 
Fuzzy i'm game for this... like the way you set it up and would love to be a part of it
 
Fuzzy i'm game for this... like the way you set it up and would love to be a part of it

Hmm, right I need you to race with me some time before Sunday. I think Saturday would be ideal, thats when we all might get together and warm up for Sunday's race. However, I don't mind if we can race before then and make sure to add me on PSN. 👍
 
Fuzzy, presume you will be FND'ing it up tonight Sir?

Lets hope I actually get to make a lap before getting disconnected tonight (3 weeks in a row would just be :sick:)
 
Fuzzy, presume you will be FND'ing it up tonight Sir?

Lets hope I actually get to make a lap before getting disconnected tonight (3 weeks in a row would just be :sick:)

I'll see what happens.
 
Is it central time? If it is I'm in!
 
Sounds good! Whens practice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back