Nascar School

  • Thread starter Thread starter CoolNameHere
  • 21 comments
  • 1,700 views
Messages
120
Messages
mike327
Ive been stuck on the 2nd advanced event in nascar school is their any special tactics or anything that would help me? They made it so impossible.
 
If Jeff Gordon would stop talking every time you messed up, then I wouldn't feel stressed nor annoyed during these missions and wouldn't mess up as much. I still messed up with the audio on mute, but with the annoying continuous voice of his roaming your mind, it was like being in a trance.
 
If Jeff Gordon would stop talking every time you messed up, then I wouldn't feel stressed nor annoyed during these missions and wouldn't mess up as much.

👍 He does get incredibly annoying. Um concerning the OP, I just kept grinding away. Took me about an hour to finish it but I got it.
 
Crooooooow
If Jeff Gordon would stop talking every time you messed up, then I wouldn't feel stressed nor annoyed during these missions and wouldn't mess up as much. I still messed up with the audio on mute, but with the annoying continuous voice of his roaming your mind, it was like being in a trance.

But watch out, your car is heavy, and don't hit the cones. ^_^
 
Abs 10?
I never touched the brakes once.
Since Ams is required you need to find the most smooth drive line possible so you can continuously accelerate.
Good luck and be patient
 
Try to catch draft as much as you can and as long as you can, and try not to touch the other cars, I hate that you could slam a guy but tapping gets you disqualified. :/ Good Luck! :D
 
Abs 10?
I never touched the brakes once.
Since Ams is required you need to find the most smooth drive line possible so you can continuously accelerate.

Yes, ABS 10. Setting ABS to 10 and then dialing brake bias down to 0/0 effectively cripples ASM. This works great for 100% of players, with total disregard for brake usage or smooth drive lines. All players, no matter how skillfully they drive and no matter how little they use the brakes (including none) benefit from this. It makes 100% of players faster than they would be otherwise.
 
Yes, ABS 10. Setting ABS to 10 and then dialing brake bias down to 0/0 effectively cripples ASM. This works great for 100% of players, with total disregard for brake usage or smooth drive lines. All players, no matter how skillfully they drive and no matter how little they use the brakes (including none) benefit from this. It makes 100% of players faster than they would be otherwise.

I'll have to try that :)
 
Yes, ABS 10. Setting ABS to 10 and then dialing brake bias down to 0/0 effectively cripples ASM. This works great for 100% of players, with total disregard for brake usage or smooth drive lines. All players, no matter how skillfully they drive and no matter how little they use the brakes (including none) benefit from this. It makes 100% of players faster than they would be otherwise.

I agree with the ABS at 10, but how do you dial the bias to 0/0 in the NASCAR special event? I must be missing something :confused:
 
Huh I didn't know that about ABS 10. I've always just got it set to 1. Took me a long time to get the gold trophy on Daytona final two laps without being able to use any sort of trick like this.
 
Huh I didn't know that about ABS 10. I've always just got it set to 1. Took me a long time to get the gold trophy on Daytona final two laps without being able to use any sort of trick like this.
Same here.

A couple/few of the intermediate, or maybe even beginner events, took me, on average, an hour each to gold. I was just about the most frustrated I've been in my life. NASCAR requires insanely precise and consistent racing. I can never even imagine how someone can be so dedicated to it. I'd lose my mind.
NASCAR drivers totally deserve recognition for their persistence and talents. Most people just don't know. I didn't even know, until GT5 came along.
 
Like ever one said abs 10, draft as much as possible. If you are doing the indy, use driving line when the line turns red for braking don't brake, come off the throttle and coast to the inside when the speed drops to 155 to 160 mph hit the throttle. Corner in 3rd gear and use brakes only to avoid hitting another car. I got gold with this technique.
 
another_jakhole
Same here.

A couple/few of the intermediate, or maybe even beginner events, took me, on average, an hour each to gold. I was just about the most frustrated I've been in my life. NASCAR requires insanely precise and consistent racing. I can never even imagine how someone can be so dedicated to it. I'd lose my mind.
NASCAR drivers totally deserve recognition for their persistence and talents. Most people just don't know. I didn't even know, until GT5 came along.

Try online in a pack of 43 dang good real drivers doing 200+. The older NASCAR 3 and 4 on PC were great for this. My knuckles still have some white in them.
 
Same here.

A couple/few of the intermediate, or maybe even beginner events, took me, on average, an hour each to gold. I was just about the most frustrated I've been in my life. NASCAR requires insanely precise and consistent racing. I can never even imagine how someone can be so dedicated to it. I'd lose my mind.
NASCAR drivers totally deserve recognition for their persistence and talents. Most people just don't know. I didn't even know, until GT5 came along.

Except Jeff Gordon. He can shut his 🤬 mouth, and let me turn the ABS off on my car that doesn't have it in real life. Also, take off that stupid hat. How come Vettel and Loeb don't feel the need to constantly nag in their events?
 
Haha, can you imagine Loeb? "Ey urm..er..did you forget to turn..? Try again and don't screw it up.."

And Vettel, "For god sake, you can't even drive the X2010, let me do it.."
 
Meh, I totally can't pass the outside driving test at Daytona. Whatever I do, I finish about 0.2 seconds off the bronze time and get to hear lots of complaining. :ouch:

Why do I actually have to do this? Real races don't have cones in the middle of the track that yeild disqualification if hit. I don't need to drive this steadily on the outside of the entire turn without dipping inside or even in the middle at least once.
 
Meh, I totally can't pass the outside driving test at Daytona. Whatever I do, I finish about 0.2 seconds off the bronze time and get to hear lots of complaining. :ouch:

Why do I actually have to do this? Real races don't have cones in the middle of the track that yeild disqualification if hit. I don't need to drive this steadily on the outside of the entire turn without dipping inside or even in the middle at least once.

Try set your controller on -2 for smoother stearings.
 
Back