NASCAR Series - Winning Setup For You :-)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 101 comments
This is a great thread and I'm glad I posted in it so I could find it again(couldn't using the search function).

It seems like my guys back tires seem to kick out on turns. Should I change the breaking up a bit? Bob is level 30 and is about 75%(so hot).

Use the LSD tune its amazing you'll never slide out in a corner again! No Joke!

Use the LSD tune its amazing you'll never slide out in a corner again! No Joke!

What's the LSD tune? And NOOOOOOOOOO my guy just spun out while in 1st on the 7th lap of the 2nd race. Got crashed into and waited til he was in 12th to start back up. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'll give all you GTP-Memebers/Guests/Nascar-Fans my knowledge in Nascar car set up as i have been to the race tracks for 6 years and stepped inside these loud machines lots of times...(Note that Nascar is all about suspension set up since you can not modify the cars)

For GT5 automobile setup for Nascar @ Daytona:
-First off, if you drove your new car (NascarStockCar) before changing the oil first, you have screwed up already, because now, your car will always have 850HP instead of 891HP boost.
(Also note that all of the toyotas get more HP boost than chevys or fords)

-Raise the front end all the way up in height (To avoid losing speed from bottoming out) (Plus, in real life, front height rules of the official nascar rule book state that all cars have a front height limit due to everyone wanting to raise the front end because the splitter does not allow you lower the car without it bottoming out)
-Lower the rear end to -15 in height (To lose drag)
-Camber is unfortunatelly useless in GT5 Oval racing as you can not adjust each tire individually and so one side will not grip and will wear out very rapidly...the other bad thing to camber in one side acting negatively is that it destroys your car set up on ovals if set up higher than 3.9 degrees.
-Spring pressure to 18.5
-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R
-Set your gear ratios to higher than 336mph if your planing to draft, or 224mph if your going by yourself (Ex. Qualifing).
-ABS set to off
-No traction control.
-Downforce of 35front and 55rear. (funny how in real life, Nascar does not allow any team to adjust the rear spoiler at daytona, but in GT5, you can)
-Set the brake bias to 2front 2rear as youll probably only need a tiny bit.
-And most importantly, Set the LSD Acceleration&InitialTorque to 60 if you dont want to spin out at high speeds on corner exits...Its better than traction control because you dont lose power, but you do lose acceleration on exits of roadcourses with tight turns.

If you have followed this car set up, winning at daytona should be easy because your car/driver can now run 217mph full throttle right next to the yellow line and get away from the pack for easy carrier/online wins. Oh, and dont forget smooth driving when you turn, it really matters.

This has the LSD Tune in it, it works great even for other cars.

Thanks d0c. Only thing I'd like clarified is:

-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R

Does that mean for the compression you have 8-8 and the other 4-4 or does he mean you have 8 on top and 4 on bottom one for front and 8 top 4 bottom for the rear?

Thanks d0c. Only thing I'd like clarified is:

-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R

Does that mean for the compression you have 8-8 and the other 4-4 or does he mean you have 8 on top and 4 on bottom one for front and 8 top 4 bottom for the rear?

I think 8 on top and 4 on bottom on each side.

all i did was get the rigigidity improvement and modify the gear ratios accordingly to each track, won the tournament by 5 points, one of the best b spec races i have had

Ok so I tried both set-ups and B-spec Bob is fast enough but he burns the rear tires off the car and has to pit, and he is a level 27

No spinouts or obvious sliding he keeps the car under control, he just ruins the rear tires.

I have tried turning on the nanny aids, traction control and stuff but that didn’t help him.

Any ideas? Am I the only one with a tire smoking Burnout Bob ?

Ok so I tried both set-ups and B-spec Bob is fast enough but he burns the rear tires off the car and has to pit, and he is a level 27

No spinouts or obvious sliding he keeps the car under control, he just ruins the rear tires.

I have tried turning on the nanny aids, traction control and stuff but that didn’t help him.

Any ideas? Am I the only one with a tire smoking Burnout Bob ?

I was having the same problem. I always cancelled the pits when they did occur. I had to try this championship 3 times before I finally beat it. I couldn't win it with my level 30 bob that is a hot driver. I switched to about a 25%(cool) driver.

The track where tires seemed to matter most was the 2nd race. I just tried to keep him in the front pack while staying cool. On the last lap or 2 the opponents tires are burned out and you really just have to hope Bob doesn't run into them. If you have the chance, I'd try and get to first place midway into the 7th lap or earlier. My Bob hit an opponent who was turned sideways in the middle of the track. Knocked him back and he finished in 6th place.

What's the LSD tune? And NOOOOOOOOOO my guy just spun out while in 1st on the 7th lap of the 2nd race. Got crashed into and waited til he was in 12th to start back up. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

the same exact thing just happened to me. my bob is level 21. :( i hope he can make up the points in the next 3 races.

If this were a drifting compitition, my b-spec driver would win. 4 laps is about how long the tires last for me. This is with the LSD tune and even full downforce for rear and even front and rear.

I was having the same problem. I always cancelled the pits when they did occur. I had to try this championship 3 times before I finally beat it. I couldn't win it with my level 30 bob that is a hot driver. I switched to about a 25%(cool) driver.

The track where tires seemed to matter most was the 2nd race. I just tried to keep him in the front pack while staying cool. On the last lap or 2 the opponents tires are burned out and you really just have to hope Bob doesn't run into them. If you have the chance, I'd try and get to first place midway into the 7th lap or earlier. My Bob hit an opponent who was turned sideways in the middle of the track. Knocked him back and he finished in 6th place.

My high ranked BOB is a "cool" driver and he was only a 22 or so when he completed the race I used the a combination of the setups in this thread but even though I won I think I quit one race all together and came in like 7th in one of the others but thankfully all the rest of my finishes were first place and I won the gold and completed the series even though I didnt complete all races.

Thanks to the OP. Great stuff. Just won the championship on first try with those setups with 1st, 1st, 3rd, 1st, and 4th.

Going to try some of DEADLIST's recommendations now to sort those missing wins.

Thanks to the OP. Great stuff. Just won the championship on first try with those setups with 1st, 1st, 3rd, 1st, and 4th.

Going to try some of DEADLIST's recommendations now to sort those missing wins.

A-Spec is cool and all but I tend to go straight online for some real competition. I tried DeadList's tune on Daytona and can not figure out what is wrong with the car. I can't make it around the first turn without the back end sliding up the track. I have a tune that is very stable but I was hoping to hang onto some more of that corner speed with his tune.... Not so much. I've run it on soft and hard tires and get the same result.
In short, does anyone know of a difference between the single player game and online play when it comes to tuning "Stock Cars." I appreciate people posting tunes and DeadList is no exception. Im just thinking something fishy is going on if everyone is raving about this tune and I took it online with slippery results. And before you ask, my connection is good and again, I have a tune that keeps the car very stable. Im just looking for those extra 10 mile/hr in the turns. thanks in advance. love the site.

H

Forgot to mention, I have a DFGT wheel and keep a very steady line around the track.

Last edited:
This set up advice finally got me through the last Jeff Gordon Challenge, thanks everyone. Still haven't won Daytona yet, but that's because the A.I. keeps taking me out.

But why!?!? I came 1st, 4th, 1st, 2nd and finally 9th.
I was in the leed at Daytona until the final lap and the final bend... Out of nowhere the hole &¤%/%/# pack came a killed me!
And why doesn´t Bob know how to block that close to the finnish line!? :banghead:

I lost the championship with 5 points.......... :(

i tried everything in this thread :headbang:

does anyone have a better tune??

you lose way too much acceleration with deadliest's LSD tune

This is a modification on the previous setups, I didn't find a huge benefit for maximizing front height as the car never seems to slow down due to bottoming out, even at 0 or say -10.

Vehicle:
850HP 2010 Jimmie Johnson #48 Impala

Downforce: 33 Front, 53 Rear (for more speed, I wasn't really losing traction as compared to 35 Front, 55 Rear.

Top Speed:
236mph

Suspension: Ride Height Adjustment: 0 Front -15 Rear
Spring Rate: 18.5 Front 19.0 Rear (trying to create a lil oversteer to help maintain speed through corners)
Damper Extension 9 Front 10 Rear (oversteer)
Damper Compression 4 Front 4 Rear (oversteer)
Anti-Roll Bars 6 Front 7 Rear (oversteer)

Wheel Alignment:
Camber: 0.0 Front 0.0 Rear
Toe: 0.0 Front .02 Rear

My driver was in first within like 3 laps on High Speed ring and maintained his lead until the very last lap. He just sits there and lets the opponents draft him like the ****ing moron he is. ugh.

Oh wow, and in Laguna Seca he was in first place and decided he didn't enjoy driving on the road any more, drove into a dirt trap on the side and just ****ing sat there. B-spec is such a piece of garbage. I'm level 27 and this guy still drives like a complete idiot.

Last edited:
great adjustment my b-spec guy killed them he could never win before and this time he didn't touch a wall once and just ran away from them at Daytona Speedway.

This is a modification on the previous setups, I didn't find a huge benefit for maximizing front height as the car never seems to slow down due to bottoming out, even at 0 or say -10.

Vehicle:
850HP 2010 Jimmie Johnson #48 Impala

Downforce: 33 Front, 53 Rear (for more speed, I wasn't really losing traction as compared to 35 Front, 55 Rear.

Top Speed:
236mph

Suspension: Ride Height Adjustment: 0 Front -15 Rear
Spring Rate: 18.5 Front 19.0 Rear (trying to create a lil oversteer to help maintain speed through corners)
Damper Extension 9 Front 10 Rear (oversteer)
Damper Compression 4 Front 4 Rear (oversteer)
Anti-Roll Bars 6 Front 7 Rear (oversteer)

Wheel Alignment:
Toe: 0.0 Front .02 Rear

Daytona seems like pure luck. The driver is too much of an idiot to realize that he shouldn't allow the opponents to just draft him and he keeps mashing up against the outer walls. My guy is about to finish dead last.

Kill yourself Bob Please just kill yourself.

First attempt with settings from original post were futile... DEAD LAST! Second attempt using adjustments above was successful. Dominated the field from lap 6 on and won by 4 seconds. My bob is only a level 18 and ended with no strength and only a sliver of mental strength (apparently driving in a giant circle is exhausting? NASCAR FTL 👎)

Well I had a run at this series and yet again, I will have to wait to come back to it when my driver has leveled up some more. I got three golds and 2 last place finishes (2nd overall in the series). Neither of these setups work for HSR nor Daytona. My Bob is too chicken to pass in HSR and always hits the wall out of turn 1 👎 I can only wonder what is in store for the Formula GT series.

Jerome

Won the championship yesterday with 15 pts difference from 2nd with the setups in 1st post, thanks for that!

Trying to gold them all now which is very hard. For the Grand Valley one though, it seems very easy to win it after doing it for the 3rd time now. Just keep your driver in the middle of the blue/red bar all the time, he won't slide and ruin his tires even once. Doesn't matter if he stays 6th for a while, in the last few laps you can easily let him overtake the others since their tires are a lot worse. Make sure to push him a bit in the last lap though.. cause I didn't and he still got 2nd cause he didn't want to overtake on the last 3 corners. :grumpy:

Here is my roadmap for the B-Spec Nascar Series. This took me two full attempts and I eventually got all golds. With Race 1 you can substitute the same settings for Race 3, I just used these so it's one less time I have to keep switching setups.

Thanks to Sirtokealot and kebs03m3 for their setups 👍

First, make sure all the settings for the car are default (including the LSD if you tried that earlier).

Race 1 - Sirtokealot Settings - Bob hits walls but doesn't matter. Press the Pace Up Command once a lap or so otherwise the competition may catch your draft.

Race 2 - Sirtokealot Settings- Just keep telling bob to overtake and he will win by a huge margin.

Race 3 - kebs03m3 Settings

Race 4 - Sirtokealot Settings

Race 5 - kebs03m3 Settings - Constantly tell Bob to Pace up to avoid getting drafted by the competition.

Jerome

A-Spec is cool and all but I tend to go straight online for some real competition. I tried DeadList's tune on Daytona and can not figure out what is wrong with the car. I can't make it around the first turn without the back end sliding up the track. I have a tune that is very stable but I was hoping to hang onto some more of that corner speed with his tune.... Not so much. I've run it on soft and hard tires and get the same result.
In short, does anyone know of a difference between the single player game and online play when it comes to tuning "Stock Cars." I appreciate people posting tunes and DeadList is no exception. Im just thinking something fishy is going on if everyone is raving about this tune and I took it online with slippery results. And before you ask, my connection is good and again, I have a tune that keeps the car very stable. Im just looking for those extra 10 mile/hr in the turns. thanks in advance. love the site.

H

Forgot to mention, I have a DFGT wheel and keep a very steady line around the track.

HPain Train, I've tried out these tunes from Deadlist and Kebs03M3 and they are not good for Daytona(They may be good for B-Spec). Here are some lap times and my tune, that works great for Daytona.
Stock:42.8XX
Deadlist:42.5XX
Kebs03M3:42.2XX
My Tune:41.722(Never worse than 41.899)

Car: 892HP Jimmie Johnson Impala
Downforce: 20 Front 40 Rear
Top Speed: 236
Ride Height: +15 Front -5 Rear
Spring Rate: 19.5 Front 20 Rear
Damper Extention: 8 Front 8 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front 4 Rear
Anti Roll Bars: 6 Front 6 Rear
Toe: 0.0 Front 0.0 Rear
LSD: Leave it stock

I am having problems with this series on A-Spec...Indy, HSR and Daytona no probs but the other two...man oh man do I keep spinning out. Even with the slightest bit of throttle the rear end wants to come out like a bat outta hell!!!

Back