NASCAR Series - Winning Setup For You :-)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 101 comments
B-spec; lvl 23 driver (about 50%); Brian Vickers #83 CAMRY; 892 bhp (back to 849 at last tracks).

* Race 1: OP's setup. Won by 12.460 seconds.
* Race 2: OP's setup + LSD-tuning by Deadliest (60 Acc. & 60 In.Torque). Won by 10.395 seconds. Kept decreasing pace (tyres!) + takeover, became 1st at 5th lap.
* Race 3: OP's setup + LSD-tuning by Deadliest. Became 6th by 02.384 seconds. Was 1st at 3rd lap, but needed to spare tyres and couldn't hold of others.
* Race 4: OP's setup + LSD-tuning by Deadliest. Won by 13.215 seconds. 1st at 3rd lap, rest of race: kept it at 60-70% hot. Tyres no problem.
* Race 5: OP's setup + LSD-tuning by Deadliest. Won by 00.717 second. 1st at 4th lap, kept increasing pace, tyres no problem. Got taken over at the straights, but gained a bit in the corners.

End result: 430 points (#2 got 310 points).
Thanks for the tunings!

Managed to win Bspec by 15 points.

I only had 3 race wins at Indy, HSR, Daytona. Finished 6th and 8th at the road races. I needed a miracle on the last race and got just that with the leader of the championship only getting 5points. :)

The tyres were wrecked at Grand valley after 6 laps. Not sure if the pack pits, I checked in to look how things were going and my driver was all over the shop.

The last race was a bit funny. I got into the lead after 2 laps or so and left it. I fell back to 12th place by lap 5 by scraping the barriers sometimes. Thought I will just hang back here and push my driver at lap 15. On lap 14 the driver just starts overtaking everyone without any button presses and by lap 18 was in the lead.

Won the championship by 155 points and thats with finishing 8th on the second race. Rest I finished 1st by a good margin. Used the setup from post #50...thanks! Indy and Daytona, I had transmission speed set at 236, rest of the races was 224....I think.

Indy was easy. Second race was horrible. My driver kept spinning the tires and by lap 4 I had to pit for tires. He'd enter a corner at super slow speed and I think....cool, at least he isn't gonna kill the tires....and then he guns the motor smoke checking the tires for no reason. He did that repeatedly like tire life was of no importance. Then of course he powerslide around a ton of corners trying to overtake. I didn't try "pace down" as someone else mentioned, but that sounds like a good idea.

Rest of the races were easy enough once he broke away from the pack and the second place car was unable to draft off him. Just keep increase pace and overtake commands going. Eventually one of the slower AI drivers will draft off whatever and overtake the 2 or 3 AI drivers that is the actual competition, slowing them down enough for Bob to overtake all if he isn't already in the lead. Then Bob will get far enough of a lead that no one can draft off him. If you keep him like that, he'll win easily. Don't get lazy with the pace up command. If the pack gets close enough to draft again, Bob will get sucked in, lose the lead and have to get lucky again to regain the lead.

Last edited:
Followed this to a T. Gold every race except last one, daytona, dead last. Lol. Still took first overall. Dayton is tough. I was first a lot of the race but they would get in their drafting groups and pass me 6 or 7 at a time. Bob did surprise me once or twice coming from last to 4th around one turn but ended up last. Oh well at least I got gold overall. Now let me see my prize, hopefully not another NASCAR I fricken hate NASCAR! Heeeeee Hawwwwwww

A lot of people saying they are having trouble with this. Here is my B-spec drivers setup, He won every race with ease.

Jeff Gordan #24 IMPALA

Dont forget to change your oil ;)

Race 1

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH

Just keep telling bob to overtake and he will win by a huge margin.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 219MPH

Race 3

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH

Dont push bob too hard on this one, otherwise you will pit in on your last lap for a tire change and lose the race.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 224MPH

Race 5

Front Downforce - 35
Rear Downforce - 55
Front Breaks - 2
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - 15
Rear Ride Height - -15
Spring Pressure - 18.5

This one is a bit hit and miss. Just hit "Increase Pace" then "Overtake" one after the other, do this constantly till you take first.

All of the above settings should work just fine on A-spec. Good luck

This setup just didn't work for me. First race was good, but 2nd race it was just oversteer in a bunch of corners and no one could do any passing.
3rd race he'd do good on the whole track except for the first corner which he'd completely blow it and then get passed by 2 or more cars each lap. Wound up dead last.
4th race got into 4th place right away and everyone stayed put the entire race.
5th race, steadily dropped to last place and couldn't keep up.

I'll give all you GTP-Memebers/Guests/Nascar-Fans my knowledge in Nascar car set up as i have been to the race tracks for 6 years and stepped inside these loud machines lots of times...(Note that Nascar is all about suspension set up since you can not modify the cars)

For GT5 automobile setup for Nascar @ Daytona:
-First off, if you drove your new car (NascarStockCar) before changing the oil first, you have screwed up already, because now, your car will always have 850HP instead of 891HP boost.
(Also note that all of the toyotas get more HP boost than chevys or fords)

-Raise the front end all the way up in height (To avoid losing speed from bottoming out) (Plus, in real life, front height rules of the official nascar rule book state that all cars have a front height limit due to everyone wanting to raise the front end because the splitter does not allow you lower the car without it bottoming out)
-Lower the rear end to -15 in height (To lose drag)
-Camber is unfortunatelly useless in GT5 Oval racing as you can not adjust each tire individually and so one side will not grip and will wear out very rapidly...the other bad thing to camber in one side acting negatively is that it destroys your car set up on ovals if set up higher than 3.9 degrees.
-Spring pressure to 18.5
-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R
-Set your gear ratios to higher than 336mph if your planing to draft, or 224mph if your going by yourself (Ex. Qualifing).
-ABS set to off
-No traction control.
-Downforce of 35front and 55rear. (funny how in real life, Nascar does not allow any team to adjust the rear spoiler at daytona, but in GT5, you can)
-Set the brake bias to 2front 2rear as youll probably only need a tiny bit.
-And most importantly, Set the LSD Acceleration&InitialTorque to 60 if you dont want to spin out at high speeds on corner exits...Its better than traction control because you dont lose power, but you do lose acceleration on exits of roadcourses with tight turns.

If you have followed this car set up, winning at daytona should be easy because your car/driver can now run 217mph full throttle right next to the yellow line and get away from the pack for easy carrier/online wins. Oh, and dont forget smooth driving when you turn, it really matters.

Just wanted to say this setup worked very well for me on Daytona A-Spec. Thanks for the setup. 👍

Everything was good in Daytona until the AI ran me up against the wall and flipped me over. So I got dead last . :grumpy:

Surprising I got bronze overall though, considering I got

Race 1: 1st, stock settings
Race 2: Ragequit
Race 3: 1st, diff and aero settings
Race 4: 4th, messed up on first lap
Race 5: 12th cuz they flipped me over.

Trying to get the gold on them individually now, but I loath the idea of doing the championship again.

Are you supposed to purchase the "chassis reinforcement" upgrade for these setups? Or does that screw with all the tunes? It's like the only thing I can buy in the autoshop other than wheels.

The posted setup worked well for me, I finished first in every bspec races.

What's important in the second race (and the other winding one) is to not push the driver too much, otherwise he'll burn the tires (whenever the tire icons go red, it's bad) and won't be able to finish. So, once you're in the lead, bring him in the blue asap, then maybe push him a little on the last turn before the straight and the first 2 turns or so, but bring him the the lower blue everywhere else (remember, it's not like you need to finish 30 sec ahead).

Last edited:
It seems like Nobody at Polyphoney bothered explaining to Bob what drafting is, so the last race is basically just luck.

There are good set - ups and tips in this thread. Sirtokealot settings for Races 1, 2, and 4, and Kebso3m3 settings for Races 3 and 5 (per Jump_Ace) with a level 28 driver won all races and the championship. LSD was set at default.

Thanks for the setup! I finally won the last race by 8 hundredths in a-spec doing nothing but bump drafting. Made a hell of a picture lol

A lot of people saying they are having trouble with this. Here is my B-spec drivers setup, He won every race with ease.

Jeff Gordan #24 IMPALA

Dont forget to change your oil ;)

Race 1

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30

Just keep telling bob to overtake and he will win by a huge margin.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 219MPH

Race 3

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH

Dont push bob too hard on this one, otherwise you will pit in on your last lap for a tire change and lose the race.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 224MPH

Race 5

Front Downforce - 35
Rear Downforce - 55
Front Breaks - 2
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - 15
Rear Ride Height - -15
Spring Pressure - 18.5

This one is a bit hit and miss. Just hit "Increase Pace" then "Overtake" one after the other, do this constantly till you take first.

All of the above settings should work just fine on A-spec. Good luck

Using these exact setup got gold in every race except Laguna seca but only because I spun out on last lap

and i was using these setups in A-spec mode

great work on setups really appreciate them

I just started this one with a level 25 bob, about 90% hot. Halfway through the first race he's already 10 seconds ahead. Changed downforce to 40-45 and ride height to +8 frotn and rear.

Edit: just finished it, all 5 wins. Even Daytona won by 6 seconds with the same settings. I only changed the gearing for every track.

Last edited:
for a spec i won all the events except for daytona in first... i just lowered my nascar all the way (for fun), bought racing softs and then i lowered the top speed just a little for all the races except i reupped it for daytona... you win easily with this setup... i recall winning by 6 seconds on laguna seca, at least 4 seconds at grand valley, i forget the names of the other tracks :D

So glad a lot of you copied OP's post. Finally about to go back and do this with a level 37 Bob but the OP deleted his post and left a nasty message lol.

Sirtokealot, thank you for the awesome steeings, even though you deleted them and I had to find them from someone else that copied them. They all worked like a charm, got golds on all of the races on the first try. Even Daytona, had to keep spamming the pace up button but he won on the first try.

Thanks again.

I used the settings as provided by deadlist which basically assured me i could win Daytona.
I came stone cold last, 16 seconds behind overall losing a second a lap.
I am reverting the car back to default settings, brakes to 0/0 and whacking the top speed up, I hope this will give me the advantage I need to win, although truly disappointed that an almost guaranteed win was crap.

Big ups to Sirtokealot, Deadliest and gunaguna!

My Bob just got gold pretty easily on all of the events, except for the High Speed Circuit, for which I accidentally put a top speed of 280kph (instead of 380kph). I was using the exact same settings and strategy that gunaguna used.

On the more technical cources, like Grand Valley you really need to pace every once in a while, (and try keep it at 70% red or something like that). Otherwise your Bob will end up wearing his tires and going sideways in every corner for the last few laps, like every opponent AI did in my case.

Settings worked great for both A-SPEC & B-SPEC nascar race event, apart from i found that the gearing on Race-5 was better on 242MPH

HPain Train, I've tried out these tunes from Deadlist and Kebs03M3 and they are not good for Daytona(They may be good for B-Spec). Here are some lap times and my tune, that works great for Daytona.
Stock:42.8XX
Deadlist:42.5XX
Kebs03M3:42.2XX
My Tune:41.722(Never worse than 41.899)

Car: 892HP Jimmie Johnson Impala
Downforce: 20 Front 40 Rear
Top Speed: 236
Ride Height: +15 Front -5 Rear
Spring Rate: 19.5 Front 20 Rear
Damper Extention: 8 Front 8 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front 4 Rear
Anti Roll Bars: 6 Front 6 Rear
Camber: 0.0 Front 0.0 Rear
Toe: 0.0 Front 0.0 Rear
LSD: Leave it stock
This put me 8th :/.

Daytona b spec sums up why this game is not fun compared to the other ones. Its like they don't want to over take on this game or something.

I might be wrong but I think having soft racing tyres on makes a massive difference, especially on the tracks with the tighter turns. Thanks for the other tips at the top of this thread though!

I fricken hate NASCAR!

Amen. I so hate this game mode. Sitting now, trying the specs in this thread, first race, no problem, second, the driver keeps on burning the tyres... now I have bought a Toyota insteda of that Jeff Gordon piece of... the Toyota however got less HP, tried an oilchange but it didn't matter... well, lets see how this goes, running the first race now again, but with the Toyota...

PD should have spent time on up'ing their standard models.. instead of integrating NASCAR into the game.
NASCAR SUCKS.

Last edited:
Amen. I so hate this game mode. Sitting now, trying the specs in this thread, first race, no problem, second, the driver keeps on burning the tyres... now I have bought a Toyota insteda of that Jeff Gordon piece of... the Toyota however got less HP, tried an oilchange but it didn't matter... well, lets see how this goes, running the first race now again, but with the Toyota...
Hahaha, all those cars are exactly the same, that's why they're called "stock cars". The minimal increase in HP on the Jeff Gordon one is probably because of the fact that engine break-in has occured.

Hahaha, all those cars are exactly the same, that's why they're called "stock cars". The minimal increase in HP on the Jeff Gordon one is probably because of the fact that engine break-in has occured.

Ah, that explains it then. =)

Well, with a mixture of the setups in this thread and the Toyota, I managed to get Gold in overall, though ending 4th in the two second races... and all this just tio win a Mercury Cougar XR-7... oh well, now I finally can throw the Nascars aside and hopefully never have to look at them again as this was the final Nascar event for me, give me more rally or F1 instead of this... crap. =P

PD should have spent time on up'ing their standard models.. instead of integrating NASCAR into to the game.
NASCAR SUCKS.

Quoted for truth.

great_smile.png

Back