NASCAR Series - Winning Setup For You :-)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 101 comments
I changed nothing but the max speed for each track, won on B-Spec quite easy.

On the grand valley speedway one, I just babysat and paced him down in every chance I got. He'll take over at least one car per lap if you have maximum horsepower and oil change.

This was though in my Juan Montoya Impala. 891 bhp if I'm not mistaken.

A lot of people saying they are having trouble with this. Here is my B-spec drivers setup, He won every race with ease.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH

Just keep telling bob to overtake and he will win by a huge margin.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 219MPH

Race 3

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH

Dont push bob too hard on this one, otherwise you will pit in on your last lap for a tire change and lose the race.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 224MPH

Race 5

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30

This one is a bit hit and miss. Just hit "Increase Pace" then "Overtake" one after the other, do this constantly till you take first.

All of the above settings should work just fine on A-spec. Good luck

Here is the set up for Daytona.

Yes and you are welcome for the tune.

killerjimbag
Sorry PSN I.D abetterplaya still getting my eyes adjusted this morning.
Try this and give me your thoughts.I really think sharing Nascar setups is a great idea.Makes the racing way more fun when your running the same setup for drafting.

Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH for solo runs (249 mph for drafting)
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R 3.0 (3.9)
Toe F .00 R .20 (0.15)
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires (Racing)
Give it a try and stay on the high line.

The ones in (brackets) are new settings and are for the rear camber and toe,adjust them up or down to suite your driving style (wheel or sticks).
Also try setting the final gear to 3.520 to 3.529 for more drafting speed as your rev limiter will not kick in as soon.Again (wheel or sticks).
This tune is tried tested and true and was done using a DFGT wheel.Turn off all driving aides.
If you are using this for the Nascar Challenge (on Daytona not Indy) draft,draft,draft and then stay out front and block.
It has been posted since Jan 12th https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161287
I am now doing set ups for restrictor plate races and will be posting them soon.

This is so frustrating!!! My stupid Bob has pitted because of tires on the 18th lap at Indy the last two races I have tried with over a 3 second lead WTF.

Well, a perfect waste of time on the B-Spec NASCAR Challenge, didnt get nothing by finishing the damn thing...

Only the satisfaction of nothingness

I'll give all you GTP-Memebers/Guests/Nascar-Fans my knowledge in Nascar car set up as i have been to the race tracks for 6 years and stepped inside these loud machines lots of times...(Note that Nascar is all about suspension set up since you can not modify the cars)

For GT5 automobile setup for Nascar @ Daytona:
-First off, if you drove your new car (NascarStockCar) before changing the oil first, you have screwed up already, because now, your car will always have 850HP instead of 891HP boost.
(Also note that all of the toyotas get more HP boost than chevys or fords)

-Raise the front end all the way up in height (To avoid losing speed from bottoming out) (Plus, in real life, front height rules of the official nascar rule book state that all cars have a front height limit due to everyone wanting to raise the front end because the splitter does not allow you lower the car without it bottoming out)
-Lower the rear end to -15 in height (To lose drag)
-Camber is unfortunatelly useless in GT5 Oval racing as you can not adjust each tire individually and so one side will not grip and will wear out very rapidly...the other bad thing to camber in one side acting negatively is that it destroys your car set up on ovals if set up higher than 3.9 degrees.
-Spring pressure to 18.5
-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R
-Set your gear ratios to higher than 336mph if your planing to draft, or 224mph if your going by yourself (Ex. Qualifing).
-ABS set to off
-No traction control.
-Downforce of 35front and 55rear. (funny how in real life, Nascar does not allow any team to adjust the rear spoiler at daytona, but in GT5, you can)
-Set the brake bias to 2front 2rear as youll probably only need a tiny bit.
-And most importantly, Set the LSD Acceleration&InitialTorque to 60 if you dont want to spin out at high speeds on corner exits...Its better than traction control because you dont lose power, but you do lose acceleration on exits of roadcourses with tight turns.

If you have followed this car set up, winning at daytona should be easy because your car/driver can now run 217mph full throttle right next to the yellow line and get away from the pack for easy carrier/online wins. Oh, and dont forget smooth driving when you turn, it really matters.

Deadlist, I registered with this site just to thank you. I was struggling with this for MONTHS!! Yours were the only settings that worked for me. I hope you get invited to a 3 way with some super hot chicks tonight. You've earned it.

i dont know what all the people who said they finished 3rd overall are on about! i used a combo of Sirtokealot's set up and a bit of Dealist's set up and came first overall in B Spec:tup:

This did it for me. I ****ed up the high speed ring and had a tyre blow out, but I won the championship anyway. Thanks!

NB: Level 35 Bob makes all the difference.

I had to go with a top speed of 244 on race 5 (daytona) because i would keep on toping out at 215 with top speed of 224. But if you have aced all other races you dont even need to race this one. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Last edited:
A lot of people saying they are having trouble with this. Here is my B-spec drivers setup, He won every race with ease.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH

Just keep telling bob to overtake and he will win by a huge margin.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 219MPH

Race 3

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH

Dont push bob too hard on this one, otherwise you will pit in on your last lap for a tire change and lose the race.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30

Race 5

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30

This one is a bit hit and miss. Just hit "Increase Pace" then "Overtake" one after the other, do this constantly till you take first.

All of the above settings should work just fine on A-spec. Good luck

This is PFM!

It was exactly what I was seeking. Thank you!

Back