NASCAR Suspends Cup Series Driver Kyle Larson for Racist Language During Virtual Race Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
A victim of what? Where did i say whites were victims, but while we're here: Do you know whites were slaves in far greater numbers than blacks? at the hands of non whites, do you know that it is nonsense that throughtout history 'white man evil' is a load of crap? Every race was doing the same thing, some were just more successful than others. And btw, its open season on whites if you havent noticed, particularly straight white males. In the media all you hear is antie white crap, stupid celebs like Brie Larson pushing that 'old white men' crap, Because its fashionable. These idiots are causing a divide as everything is about race for them, its all they see.
I'm going to be blunt.

Your spouting far-right rhetoric, about a fantasy history and quite frankly sound exactly as racist as your support for a racial slur suggests.

There is no such thing as anti-whiteness, especially when you consider that even *if* 'anti-whiteness' existed...that white people still ultimately hold the power in the world. White people have always been able to control who, or what, gets decided as racist, and who gets to be considered 'forgiven', or how 'acceptable' an apology is. Not the people that actually are affected by, in this case anti-blackness and racism against black peoples, but racism against all other minorities.

'Anti-whiteness', frankly, is a right wing buzz word from people that are afraid of actually being challenged on the (very true) point that white people ultimately get to call the shots in regards to racism. And minorities especially aren't going to take it anymore - rightfully.
There comes the generalizing power argument right on schedule. 👍

It's a tired argument at this point, but it bears repeating that not even nearly all the white people hold this power you speak of. Now wealthy people (not too far off in terms of spelling, but a much smaller group with an actually meaningful feature in common) do have a lot of say, no question, but to lump all sorts of poverty-stricken low wage workers in the same crowd based off the color of their skin is yet another case of extremist rhetoric that has been spouted out ever since people got overly excited about this opportunity to get their righteousness heard.

Anti-whiteness also exists whether or not you acknowledge it or not. The disturbing case of the autistic boy tortured at the hands of 4 (I think?) black men for racial reasons comes to mind in particular - it may be an unorganized and uncommon issue, but it's there.

I'm going to be blunt.

Your spouting far-right rhetoric, about a fantasy history and quite frankly sound exactly as racist as your support for a racial slur suggests.

I'm reminded of the descriptions of a book that was written by some prolific French far right author, that basically was verbatim that post, while also delving deep into 'end of the civilized world by immigration' horse****e.

You're talking like blacks arent racist. You're talking like europeans had a patent on colonizing. There are a lot of racist attacks on jews and asians in America. You hear about attacks on asians during this virus outbreak, but you dont hear about them being white, which you would if they were white. It's black who are the culprits of these racist attacks. Anti-whiteness is a sport in its own right today. Whiteness and Blackness are both pathetic words btw.

So damaging and hurtful to that race of peoples that many of them constantly use it against each other.....i know i know......
It's ok for one race to use a word but not another.......No it isnt. If you use that word dont be offended if others of diferent races use it. There are no words that only one race can use, this is just stupid. I've been called a wop many times by my friends, they're joking so i dont mind, but if they said it in an arguement or a stranger said it then that would be a different story, however you dont have to be italian, and southern Italian in particular to use that word. Dont use words that you're gonna get upset by, thats just a way to try to have power over people.

If you hang around people long enough who say ceratin words you're going to start using those words too. I use certain neapolitan swear words and my english mates use them too now by habbit. You could easily let that word slip out and then someone would think you're a racist, when that isnt the case. I am not making that case for this driver btw.

1.) While Western Europe definitely didn't have have a monopoly on colonization, they obviously benefited the most from it and continue to benefit from the legacy of it to this day. Obviously most people today are not at fault for something that started hundreds of years ago, but there are still clearly people benefiting from its effects today, and some of them are still actively trying to perpetuate the harmful effects of it.

2.) Yes, different groups of people have different relationships with certain words
Examples:
-Women might affectionately refer to each other as the "b-word" but take offense of a man (especially one they aren't close with) uses it, and I'm ok with that as a man.
-Siblings/close friends might insult each other and call each other names that, were someone outside of their circle to use those terms, they'd be offensive.

I'm not even gonna bother dissecting why you automatically assume that perpetrators of hate crimes against Asians are black just because you couldn't be bothered to look past headlines and find out who the perpetrators were for yourself...

Last edited:
There comes the generalizing power argument right on schedule. 👍

It's a tired argument at this point, but it bears repeating that not even nearly all the white people hold this power you speak of. Now wealthy people (not too far off in terms of spelling, but a much smaller group with an actually meaningful feature in common) do have a lot of say, no question, but to lump all sorts of poverty-stricken low wage workers in the same crowd based off the color of their skin is yet another case of extremist rhetoric that has been spouted out ever since people got overly excited about this opportunity to get their righteousness heard.

Anti-whiteness also exists whether or not you acknowledge it or not. The disturbing case of the autistic boy tortured at the hands of 4 (I think?) black men for racial reasons comes to mind in particular - it may be an unorganized and uncommon issue, but it's there.

This is a prime example of nonsensical right wing rhetoric...

Also, certain people in this thread in a nutshell:

24-reasons-mayonnaise-is-the-devils-condiment-1-531-1398713680-3_big.jpg

A victim of what? Where did i say whites were victims, but while we're here: Do you know whites were slaves in far greater numbers than blacks? at the hands of non whites, do you know that it is nonsense that throughtout history 'white man evil' is a load of crap? Every race was doing the same thing, some were just more successful than others. And btw, its open season on whites if you havent noticed, particularly straight white males. In the media all you hear is antie white crap, stupid celebs like Brie Larson pushing that 'old white men' crap, Because its fashionable. These idiots are causing a divide as everything is about race for them, its all they see.
The only "victim" here seems to be you, claiming that everyone is against the white race because that's "what the media wants". Maybe it's time to stop reading InfoWars and other reactionary media outlets and actually educate yourself. Whites absolutely were not enslaved in far greater numbers than blacks, and every race certainly did not have equal responsibility in the slave trade. European colonizers had the most pivotal role in the slave trade, popularizing it across the globe and basically forced Africans to take part in it. But something tells me that explaining any of this to you is like preaching to the deaf. Can you actually provide a real-world example of straight-white-males being systemically discriminated against, in the same ways that Black people were in America? Or an example of an openly anti-white mainstream media outlet? Straight-white-males, the most historically privileged group in America, are finally being called to recognize their privilege and work to dismantle the oppressive systems that they've benefited from. No one hates them or is against them just for who they are. People being asked to take responsibility and be aware does not equate to discrimination.

but to lump all sorts of poverty-stricken low wage workers in the same crowd based off the color of their skin is yet another case of extremist rhetoric that has been spouted out ever since people got overly excited about this opportunity to get their righteousness heard.

I'm sure.

The fact of the matter is that, and this has been proven true in terms of North America, that often times, the poorest white man has a better shake of the stick then the equivalent black male.

Anti-whiteness also exists whether or not you acknowledge it or not. The disturbing case of the autistic boy tortured at the hands of 4 (I think?) black men for racial reasons comes to mind in particular - it may be an unorganized and non-mainstream issue, but it's there.

It pails in comparison to the anti-blackness that is built into the fabric of the systems present within the United States of America, and indeed, Canada. Moreover, as someone that is autistic, get out of here with trying to use the death of someone who was to advance an agenda that anti-whiteness exists in any major capacity that it allows you to bleat on about 'righteousness' and trying to make it seem like white people, who as established by me and others in this thread countless times, benefit from whiteness, both directly and indirectly, are at danger of literally *anything* that involves losing the control they have held for generations.

I'm sure.

The fact of the matter is that, and this has been proven true in terms of North America, that often times, the poorest white man has a better shake of the stick then the equivalent black male.

It pails in comparison to the anti-blackness that is built into the fabric of the systems present within the United States of America, and indeed, Canada. Moreover, as someone that is autistic, get out of here with trying to use the death of someone who was to advance an agenda that anti-whiteness exists in any major capacity that it allows you to bleat on about 'righteousness' and trying to make it seem like white people, who as established by me and others in this thread countless times, benefit from whiteness, both directly and indirectly.
So am I. It's why the story disturbed me as much as it did.

Also, way to put words and agendas in my mouth while I'm at it. I'm tired of the toxicity in this thread that has clearly not disappeared even after mods got involved, and you're perpetuating exactly that with your broad statements that are certainly not advancing race relations one bit.

I even specifically said anti-whiteness doesn't exist in a "major" capacity. Holy 🤬, what a way to poison the well.

There is no such thing as anti-whiteness,
This is just ridiculous, there are many people who hate whites based on them being white. In England white girls are targeted rape victims by a certain group because they are 'white english girls' and they are less than human, yea nothing anti white there. It's absolutely laughable that you think anti whitness does not exist. What Hppened to the whites in Zimbabwe btw? the country that is now begging for whites to return? No anti whiteness made them flee right?

especially when you consider that even *if* 'anti-whiteness' existed...that white people still ultimately hold the power in the world. White people have always been able to control who,
Not every white person has power. Obama was black, was i on equal footing as Obama just because i'm white?

White people have always been able to control who or what, gets decided as racist, and who gets to be considered 'forgiven', or how 'acceptable' an apology is. Not the people that actually are affected by, in this case anti-blackness and racism against black peoples, but racism against all other minorities.
Wow white people have been in control of white countries? Who gets to have the say in black countries?As for what is an acceptable appolgy or who is forgiven, thats almost entirely at the feet of the media and who they like. I mean NYT just wrote a pathetic peice defending Joe Biden against a sexual abuse claim. If he were Black and a republican they would have gone all out attack on him. And speaking of racism against all minorities, go and look at the official stats and look who are the most racist aginst those miniorites, it isnt whites.

'Anti-whiteness', frankly, is a right wing buzz word from people that are afraid of actually being challenged on the (very true) point that white people ultimately get to call the shots in regards to racism. And minorities especially aren't going to take it anymore - rightfully.

More nonesne, You re guilty of what you are claiming. Using 'is a right wing buzzword' is actually a tactic of left wingers to try to win their debate without them being challenged and having to thinkabout wether their own view is actually correct. it doesnt wash with me. Again the media get to call the shots on what is racist, but lets just say it is simply white people that get to call what is racist, only left wing whites do, in any case that does not erase that there anti white narrative in th eleft wing media.

because...they did? Need I remind you of the damages and the horrors done by colonizing nations of European descent in every continent in the world? Of which a lot of the racism towards black people in these continents are directly birthed from feelings of black people brought on by their colonial governments?
So black or non white civiliasations have been completely peaceful? Tribes in Africa didnt invade and slaughter other tirbes? Who tried to invade europe? i forget. Dont be upset that ultimately Europeans were simply better at war. No one should feel guilty about that. Oh btw, who is still enslaving blacks today and casterating them? and why is the media so hell bent on race wars and like yourself talking of slavery from the past, instead of actually being outraged that blacks are being enslaved right now? I guess they dont actually care, they just care about that virtu points,

More over, since you brought it up, and I'm sure it's going to be flogged like a dead horse over and over again: Yes, Italian and Irish peoples were discriminated against in North America specifically.
I actually did not bring this up. I mentioned white slaves, not Irish and italians in America. There have been more white slaves at the hands of non whites than the other way around.

However, notice how after the turn of the century, and once black people in America began to demand more in terms of representation and rights, how American society rolled over Irish and Italian peoples into the umbrella of whiteness? Frankly, it shows that no matter where you come from, if you are white, you still will be considered white, and that benefits you when it comes to speaking and understanding how systems of racism and discrimination work. If you are black, you don't have that option.
Oh very nice, society rolled over for Italians and Irish did it? Rather than them fighting to be on equal footing? gotcha. Funny you say they're considered white because i remember Dan Bongino being told he was a race traitor to blacks or something like that :lol:. All of which does not disprove there is an anti white narative and its ok to be racist against whites. I'm sure you'll tell me more nonesense about it being imposible to be racist against whites.

Citation required.
The mere fact that they're not using the term 'white supremacist' should be enough to tell you its not whites that are commiting these attacks, if it isnt then you havent been paying attention to how the lefty media operate. However there are plenty of videos of these stated attacks, which the media are not showing. I will post some when i get the chance, along with the attacks on jews in new york who are repeatedly being attacked.

It's not at all, but nice copy/paste from the racists playbook.

Oh god there's that tired racist word agains. 15-20 years again when one was accused of being racist, or said something racsit, it was easy to work out what that meant. What the accused was being accused of. Today it just means 'that person has a different POV to me so i'm gonna call him/her racist so i can be right'.

Didn't bother reading the article I see
That's not the first article i've read on it and it wont be the last that's written. I think it was Ice Cube who said when asked why they use it, he said it was to take power away from them and own it. Which i totally understand, But that was 30 yeasr ago. There is no need to be using that word anymore, no one race should be allowed to use a word and others not. My dad was called the N word by blacks and whites, and called the slur for Packistanys because he was so dark. It was all in good jest. Dont be ofended by words that you use yourself.

Swearing and racial abuse are not comparable.
And who said otherwise?

Oh you are, you just made an entire "I'm not racist, but...." post.
Did i? or did you just see it that way because im not singing the same tune as yourself? You are making a strong claim here. You are basically implying im racist, which could mean i hate blacks, if we were having this convo 15 years ago. Or it could mean i'm not taking on your own pov by todays standards. Being from Naples myself i know all about discrimination, so i'm convinced you probaly dont even know what the word racosm means anymore. In any case i woould like you to state clearly that i'm racist or retract your claim.
You might want to reword parts of this because it's coming across as you throwing shade at black people by blaming them for other instances of racism and then trying to say you're the victim in the grander scheme of things whilst covertly defending Larson's use of the n-word... although, I am 100% convinced that this is exactly what you're trying to do here... this entire post reads as "At ThE eNd oF tHe DaY yEaH/I'm NoT rAcIsT bUt".
Or people should just try reading what i wrote and not jumping to 'racist' becuase it doesnt conform to your own opinion. That seams to people the way the average perosn reacts when someone doesnt beat along with the loudest drum. Though I'm not the victim, or a victim and have not claimed as much. Also i am not defending the guy. Nowhere did i say it's ok what he said, i think he's an idiot.

P.S when i was young boy, at my brothers wedding who is a lot older than me, my bros best man was a guy called Winston, a west indian guy. A black guy, he came up to all of my family in a line and shook our hands. I called him the N word when he shook my hand. because i'd seen it on tv and didnt know it was bad, and i loved Eddie Murphy so, before you question that, i was a little boy. Anyway he replied eyy thats not nice, i saw the look in his face, and i was quite upset after as i then realised it was a bad word and felt bad about it for years. I spent the whole night sulking. Point being, i dont believe anyone should be using that word, not even if you're black and i know there are black people who share my view.

This is just ridiculous, there are many people who hate whites based on them being white. In England white girls are targeted rape victims by a certain group because they are 'white english girls' and they are less than human, yea nothing anti white there. It's absolutely laughable that you think anti whitness does not exist. What Hppened to the whites in Zimbabwe btw? the country that is now begging for whites to return? No anti whiteness made them flee right?

Not every white person has power. Obama was black, was i on equal footing as Obama just because i'm white?

Wow white people have been in control of white countries? Who gets to have the say in black countries?As for what is an acceptable appolgy or who is forgiven, thats almost entirely at the feet of the media and who they like. I mean NYT just wrote a pathetic peice defending Joe Biden against a sexual abuse claim. If he were Black and a republican they would have gone all out attack on him. And speaking of racism against all minorities, go and look at the official stats and look who are the most racist aginst those miniorites, it isnt whites.

More nonesne, You re guilty of what you are claiming. Using 'is a right wing buzzword' is actually a tactic of left wingers to try to win their debate without them being challenged and having to thinkabout wether their own view is actually correct. it doesnt wash with me. Again the media get to call the shots on what is racist, but lets just say it is simply white people that get to call what is racist, only left wing whites do, in any case that does not erase that there anti white narrative in th eleft wing media.

So black or non white civiliasations have been completely peaceful? Tribes in Africa didnt invade and slaughter other tirbes? Who tried to invade europe? i forget. Dont be upset that ultimately Europeans were simply better at war. No one should feel guilty about that. Oh btw, who is still enslaving blacks today and casterating them? and why is the media so hell bent on race wars and like yourself talking of slavery from the past, instead of actually being outraged that blacks are being enslaved right now? I guess they dont actually care, they just care about that virtu points,

I actually did not bring this up. I mentioned white slaves, not Irish and italians in America. There have been more white slaves at the hands of non whites than the other way around.

Oh very nice, society rolled over for Italians and Irish did it? Rather than them fighting to be on equal footing? gotcha. Funny you say they're considered white because i remember Dan Bongino being told he was a race traitor to blacks or something like that :lol:. All of which does not disprove there is an anti white narative and its ok to be racist against whites. I'm sure you'll tell me more nonesense about it being imposible to be racist against whites.

The mere fact that they're not using the term 'white supremacist' should be enough to tell you its not whites that are commiting these attacks, if it isnt then you havent been paying attention to how the lefty media operate. However there are plenty of videos of these stated attacks, which the media are not showing. I will post some when i get the chance, along with the attacks on jews in new york who are repeatedly being attacked.

Oh god there's that tired racist word agains. 15-20 years again when one was accused of being racist, or said something racsit, it was easy to work out what that meant. What the accused was being accused of. Today it just means 'that person has a different POV to me so i'm gonna call him/her racist so i can be right'.

That's not the first article i've read on it and it wont be the last that's written. I think it was Ice Cube who said when asked why they use it, he said it was to take power away from them and own it. Which i totally understand, But that was 30 yeasr ago. There is no need to be using that word anymore, no one race should be allowed to use a word and others not. My dad was called the N word by blacks and whites, and called the slur for Packistanys because he was so dark. It was all in good jest. Dont be ofended by words that you use yourself.

And who said otherwise?

Did i? or did you just see it that way because im not singing the same tune as yourself? You are making a strong claim here. You are basically implying im racist, which could mean i hate blacks, if we were having this convo 15 years ago. Or it could mean i'm not taking on your own pov by todays standards. Being from Naples myself i know all about discrimination, so i'm convinced you probaly dont even know what the word racosm means anymore. In any case i woould like you to state clearly that i'm racist or retract your claim.
Or people should just try reading what i wrote and not jumping to 'racist' becuase it doesnt conform to your own opinion. That seams to people the way the average perosn reacts when someone doesnt beat along with the loudest drum. Though I'm not the victim, or a victim and have not claimed as much. Also i am not defending the guy. Nowhere did i say it's ok what he said, i think he's an idiot.

P.S when i was young boy, at my brothers wedding who is a lot older than me, my bros best man was a guy called Winston, a west indian guy. A black guy, he came up to all of my family in a line and shook our hands. I called him the N word when he shook my hand. because i'd seen it on tv and didnt know it was bad, and i loved Eddie Murphy so, before you question that, i was a little boy. Anyway he replied eyy thats not nice, i saw the look in his face, and i was quite upset after as i then realised it was a bad word and felt bad about it for years. I spent the whole night sulking. Point being, i dont believe anyone should be using that word, not even if you're black and i know there are black people who share my view.
My word. There are so many blatant falsehoods and prejudice in this response that I'm not even going to invest my time in debunking your points.

What I will say is this. You should seriously reconsider your views on issues like these. Don't only get your knowledge from one side of the aisle. Then, re-read your posts, not once, not twice, but many times, and ask yourself whether or not you still agree with what you've written and whether you can see why so many of us have an issue with it.

Until then, I recommend you stop making such posts in this thread. You're making yourself look much worse than you realize.

Not videos, credible sources to back up your claims.

Nope, you defended the use of a racist slur, they only people I've come across doing that are those with racist views.

No need to be usingthe word still?

Are you fingering that racism is over and done?

And who said otherwise?
You did, when using a swearing analogy.

Or people should just try reading what i wrote and not jumping to 'racist' becuase it doesnt conform to your own opinion. That seams to people the way the average perosn reacts when someone doesnt beat along with the loudest drum. Though I'm not the victim, or a victim and have not claimed as much.
My family is mixed race, I know very well what racism is.

Also i am not defending the guy. Nowhere did i say it's ok what he said, i think he's an idiot.
Yes you are, every part of your post does that.

You can't be racist because you once met someone black!

Not a strong argument.

Does anti-whiteness exist? In some capacity, maybe. It would be naive to assume that it doesn't exist at all.

Getting dropped by all of your sponsors because they don't want to associate with someone who dropped the n-bomb on a live broadcast isn't anti-whiteness. Getting called out for your racist views and non-hesitation to defend someone who is clearly in the wrong isn't that either. Stop trying to play victim and get your head out of your ass.

Jeez, this thread is a fire pit

Makes you wonder how many black people there are on GTP :rolleyes:

We’re going all the way back to the biblics, but we can’t just all agree that racism and prejudice is a bad thing and shouldn’t be tolerated?

This shouldn’t even be a topic of debate..

even more so when you're a public figure in a sports event.
That's the other thing that I've had trouble getting for just how dumb it is that Larson did this. Even if the guy grew up in a situation that's like a particularly twisted Chappelle's Show sketch, this is a professional race car driver with a ride in the highest, most milquetoast corporate-friendly tier of motor racing in the United States. Even if you have go so far as to submit yourself to weekly electroshock therapy to keep yourself from even thinking of saying racial slurs, it behooves you to fill out the insurance forms as fast as you damn can.

Eh, all us muricans talk like this. Blacks say it, whites say it. But oh its bad if we use it, im sure company leaders say its. Its a widely used word in america. Wasnt being said dissrespectfully anyway, theres a difference there too

No, it's not used widely in most of America. But I'm sure there's pockets of abuse from the rude, racist, or uneducated population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back