Nazareth Speedway

United States
United States
carsoftheworld7
NazerethSpeedway.jpg

It was sad when this track was closed in 2004. But let's see, for those who remember it, if we can convince the Gran Turismo people to give us this track

They like Mario Andretti don't they? Gave us his first car? This was the track Mario Andretti first raced at and is his home track. PD is doing that Ayrton Senna project to keep Senna alive and make sure he isn't forgotten like Jim Clark (who they also should honor). If we wanna do it with drivers, why not tracks? Fun fact, although this track is now closed, the main grandstands are now... on the front stretch at Walkins Glen.

They like Mario Andretti don't they? Gave us his first car? This was the track Mario Andretti first raced at and is his home track. PD is doing that Ayrton Senna project to keep Senna alive and make sure he isn't forgotten like Jim Clark (who they also should honor). If we wanna do it with drivers, why not tracks? Fun fact, although this track is now closed, the main grandstands are now... on the front stretch at Walkins Glen.
I always knew about the main grandstands being at Watkins Glen. Nevertheless, NAZARETH OUGHT TO BE IN THIS GAME. ESPECIALLY FOR THE GLORY OF MARIO ANDRETTI! It's times like this, I'm forever thankful that I was at the very last race in 2004 before the track was closed. And I'm also forever pleased that Andretti Autosport finished 1-2-3 with victory to the late Dan Wheldon

I would love to have this track in the game, and it would be great for Indy type races or NASCAR races. But my main concern with this is the shape that the track is currently in. With it being closed for about ten years, everything has been slowly decomposing and falling apart. And, many people have somehow gotten onto the track and gone for a joyride, so they have placed mounds of dirt on the racing surface. I just don't know how they could make an accurate model of the track due to its current condition. Here's some pics taken recently:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back