• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 133 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
With the new season set to unfold with its fair share of action and drama, this is the official thread I've set up to discuss the upcoming season. Who'll be the best team(s) this season? Who will be the floor generals who make magic happen? Who will be the ones who will hoist the trophy at the conclusion of the NBA Finals as being the team to beat? This, and more, to be decided with this new season of action!

Welcome to the new season!

Hopefully the Suns can comeback to where they were a couple years ago with the old run and gun offense.

I found out that my Rockets will play AT Portland on Tuesday as our first Away game of the season, then play Portland here in Houston on Halloween. You know, best of luck to all NBA teams.

I know the season hasn't started yet, but I already think the Lakers are going to be the team to beat and almost a lock for the NBA Finals. They are just too good. I want my Rockets to contend (and they will), but there are a great number of concerns I have for Red Nation.

The new season starts tonight! Are you ready for the new season? Are you ready for all the sick dunks? The big-name stars? The playoff and championship-hungry teams? New season starts tonight!

The Rockets are almost insignificant without Yao, T-Mac, and Artest. They did trim the gap in Portland to about 8 and (maybe) 6. But we ended up losing by 11. Now we're at Golden State for tonight. It's a long season, but they need to get with the program in a hurry.

I must say the raptors are impressing me right now...up 18 points at the half over the cavs. Bargnani with 21 points in the half...Season looks good for the raptors :).

Big upset tonight...Raptors beating Cav's by 10. 101-91 final...Hope the NBA is ready for Bargnani and Bosh this year...=D

The Rockets got themselves a feel-good win at Golden State. We won 108-107 to even our record at 1-1. Whatever was missing from the Portland game was found mostly in this game. The Rockets will return to Houston for their home opener against Portland.

Sweet win for the Suns. Do you think the Suns can really compete in the Western Conference this season, TS? Even if they play to be an 8th Seed in the playoffs? Or is there still more work to be done for the long haul?

Suns will battle with teams like Portland, Houston and Dallas for 8th. Defense is still a big problem for them but we all knew what happened when the Suns tried playing defense last year.

Good thing is that the age really won't be an issue, they brought in quite a few young guys to start playing and learning from veterans like Nash, Hill and Richardson.

I dont think any team can really challenge the Lakers this season other then maybe Boston. LA is just to good & if Bynum stays healthy they will have 2 top 7 footers in the game. LA again in 09-10

The Rockets have won three straight now with a win at the Jazz. Didn't see all of the game, but the Jazz, as usual, were flopping like mad. We're 3-1 right now.

Suns are 3-0 as they begin a tough road trip back East this week; Boston, Orlando, Miami are some of the notable games.

Wow... that's brutal, TS. The Boston match will be the toughest for your Suns. Best of luck to your Suns, man. So far, my Rockets have only fell asleep at Portland, but won three straight. But really, it's all about the second half of the season. That is really where we know who's for real and who isn't.

You all enjoy some great NBA action, regarless of who your favorite team(s) are!

We're in trouble tonight. The Rockets will host the L.A. Lakers. You know we'd love nothing more than to whoop up on the Lakers after we were ousted by them last season. My Rockets were the ONLY team to take the Lakers to seven games. If the Rockets want to improve to 4-1, they'll need to play like it's the playoffs tonight.

Suns beat the Heat last night in a thriller, 106-93. They trailed by 13 at the half and went on a 23-9 run in the 3rd quarter to take the lead and they never looked back.

Rockets just lost 103-102 in Overtime to the Lakers. We're 3-2 as our three-game winning streak snapped. I'm sure the next game against them will be AT the Lakers, so that's even more of an "aw, crap!" situation.

Oh, well... (shrugs)

The Rockets debuted their third jersey, which is a combination of today's jersey along with the gold colors of the old Rockets jersey. Anyhow, the Rockets won 105-94 tonight here in Houston. I think our next game is at Dallas on Tuesday.

Hope your team(s) are doing great!

I'm guessing we get things behind the times, but I just watched a Cleveland vs Chicago game that Cleveland lost by 1pt because of the stupid ref's call in the dying seconds, that's sad.

Oh no, looks like my fave team, the Raptors, are not off to a great start.:(

Last edited:
Yes! Suns are kicking ass and taking names on this East coast road trip, they beat the Wizards today, 102-90!

Let me tell you, TS. That's a feel-good win because the Wizards are actually doing quite well so far. Congrats to your Suns.

I watched some Raptors highlights the other night, they seem to work really well as a team, and Bargnani looks to be quite a good player now? Bosh always was.:)

Tomorrow night, NBA's Texas Triangle is in action as the Rockets head up to Big D to take on Dirk and the Mavericks. While I love my Rockets, I think the Spurs are going to be the team to beat as far as Texas teams are concerned. That's not to say that Dallas is easy pickings. It's just that the Rockets just need to keep playing hard and take care of business on the floor.

Back