NBA: 2009-2010 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 133 comments
I heard that Nash had 20 dimes (assists) in the Suns' most recent game. Pretty cool job of pulling down boards.

Tonight, it's a Texas showdown in Dallas as my Rockets will pay a visit to the Dallas Mavericks. The Rockets are now 4-2 looking to go 5-2. But to do this, they'll have to get by Dirk and his boys.

Enjoy tonight's games, NBA fans!

Don't know what the score was, but my Rockets lost by at least 20 in Dallas. Now we're back home ready to host the Memphis Grizzlies. If we lose, let's hope not to lose by 20 or more...

Rockets are 104-79 winners against Memphis tonight. We're now 5-3 heading into Sacramento on Friday. Meanwhile, the Memphis Grizzlies still have only one win. We can't look ahead to the Lakers on Sunday night. We just have to keep up the great work and execute on offense and defense.

Later this month, my Rockets will have to take you Suns on. Great win, nonetheless.

Byron Scott's not good enough to be New Orleans Hornets coach, seems like.

NBA on TNT features this double header: Cleveland Cavaliers at the Miami Heat, then the Phoenix Suns at the Los Angeles Lakers. I think the wonderful Kevin Harlan will call the game in L.A. Enjoy tonight's only games!

The Rockets are now five up and four down after losing 109-100 at Sacramento. Considering we're at the Lakers on Sunday night, we may well return to Houston with a 5-5 record. Just keep it close at L.A. Sunday night, Rockets... or maybe we get lucky and tame the Lakers for once.

I'm looking forward to the Atlanta Hawks. Its amazing how good they've become since adding some role players, especially Jamal Crawford.

Rockets surprised me and beat the big, bad Lakers 101-91. I didn't see the entire game. How are your teams doing?

Rockets surprised me and beat the big, bad Lakers 101-91. I didn't see the entire game. How are your teams doing?

The Rocket's game against the lakers was incredible. The small Aaron Brooks did his thing. The Lakers must feel bad now for trading Trevor Ariza who can still improve a lot, while picking up Ron Artest who's past his prime.

My Atlanta Hawks just made the top spot in the nba power rankings. Whoop Whoop!

TS, looks like your Suns and my Rockets will collide for the first time this season. The Suns are a pretty hot team right now (no pun intended). Hope my Rockets can handle home court.

Now for all of you GTPlanet people... after about ten games played so far, what teams and players have surprised you so far? I must say that the Washington Wizards are surprising me. And this Brandon Jennings guy, after dropping 55 in his first game? He's the truth!

But what are your surprise teams and players?

Alright, so I may have been cheating the Suns a little when I said they would be lucky to be a 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs. If the keep playing like this, they can easily be a 3 seed.

NBA TV has finally shown up in my channel listings on Dish. I guess it's now no longer something you have to pay for. I just saw a little of the 2001 Eastern Conference game 3 between Milwaukee at Orlando. Former Houston Rocket, Dikembe Mutumbo, was recently noted by David Stern as the global ambassador of the NBA. Good for him.

Tonight, my Rockets will head all the way up to Minneapolis to take on the Timberwolves. Tomorrow night, it's Phoenix at New Orleans and Chicago at the Los Angeles Lakers. TS, I think your Suns could easily handle the ailing New Orleans Hornets. I actually think the Bulls at Lakers game tomorrow night could actually be pretty close.

Although we took a pounding hosting the Suns, we handled the Minnesota Timberwolves 97-84. Our next opponent will be at Atlanta on Friday night. Atlanta blew out Miami 105-90. Both the Suns and Hawks are 10-2.

While the New York Knicks ended their losing streak with a 110-103 victory at Indiana, the New Jersey Nets are still gloriously failing. They're 0-12 right now. When will the sun shine again for the Nets?

Can you believe it? The Nets are STILL winless! They're what... 0-13 now? Their next stretch of games will be brutal. This is the team's next five games:

11/24 - at Denver
11/25 - at Portland
11/27 - at Sacramento
11/29 - at L.A. Lakers
12/2 - Dallas

The NBA record for most number of games lost to start a season is 0-17. Both the Miami Heat in 1988 and the Los Angeles Clippers in 1998 share this dubious distinction. Will the Nets finlly win, or will they break this dubious record?

The New Jersey Nets failed gloriously at Denver. They lost 101-87. They COULD win at Portland and COULD win at Sacramento. The Nets are pathetic right now. And oh, they're 0-14 now. Will they win their first game within this brutal five-game stretch, or will they make the kind of history they don't want to make?

My Rockets will take the floor again to take on the Dallas Mavericks. The Texas Triangle is ready to throw down with all the action happening at Toyota Center. We got Dallas tonight, followed by San Antonio on Friday night.

Enjoy tonight's games!

Try punching the palm of your hand as hard as you can. That's the way the Mavericks beat my Rockets- 130-99. A lot of my fans are Spurs fans... I just hope my Rockets can play 100,000 times better Friday night than what they shown (or lack thereof) tonight.

Nets still winless, and my Rockets lost again. What are the chances (out of 100%) that the Nets win their first game and not become the first team to start the season 0-17 (or worse)?

UPDATE The Nets lost by at least 15 or 20 at Los Angeles against the Lakers. It was 100-something to 80-something. If they want sole possession of most games lost to start a season, then they just need to gloriously fail hosting Dallas on December 2nd, and they'll be the biggest all-time losers in NBA history!

2009-2010 New Jersey Nets = epic fail.

Last edited:
My Rockets will head out west. We're at the Clippers tonight, at Golden State tomorrow, and at Portland on Saturday. Our next game after Portland won't be until next Wednesday, when we host Cleveland.

Well, if the Nets don't want to make history they DON'T want to make, they can do me a favor and knock down the Dallas Mavericks tonight in New Jersey. They'll either be 1-17 or 0-18. Being in the Texas Triangle, when the Rockets win while the Mavs and Spurs lose, I'm happy. So go get 'em, Nets!

It's official- the 2009-2010 New Jersey Nets are the undisputed NBA kings of futility (and fail). They lost 117-101 hosting Dallas in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Only team in any of the four major sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL) worse to start a season is the 1988 Baltimore Orioles, which lost 21 games to start their season.

So they're losers. Two WINNING games are coming up tonight on TNT- Boston at San Antonio, followed by Miami at Denver. My Rockets will play at Golden State after we got done mopping the floor with the L.A. Clippers. That game will be on FOX Sports Houston and a few other networks.

Enjoy tonight's games!

Hey LOOK! The Nets won a game!:eek:

My fave team, the Raptors, are 9-13. So they're not great, I still like them.:sly: They have quite the team of internationals though. They have what, Americans, Canadians, various Europeans and I believe at least one Chinese bloke? They're missing an Aussie.:sly:

They just destroyed the Bulls though, 110 to 78.:)

Oh... I see the Nets beat the Charlotte Bobcats at home. Good job by the Nets. They're now 1-18. The Nets are currently leading the New York Knicks.

My Rockets, however, lost a close one in Portland. The Pacific Northwest's ONLY remaining NBA representative took care of my Rockets in a close duel. If we don't want our losing streak to be extended, they'll need to take care of the Cleveland Cavaliers at home this Wednesday.

Back