NBA: 2009-2010 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 133 comments
Man, the Celtics are really getting raped by the officials tonight.
They're getting out shot at the foul line over 2-1 by the Lakers.
Still, they've got a chance to win the game...

-->Celtics
yougonnagetraped.jpg
<---Officials

Man, the Celtics are really getting raped by the officials tonight.
They're getting out shot at the foul line over 2-1 by the Lakers.
Still, they've got a chance to win the game...

-->Celtics
yougonnagetraped.jpg
<---Officials
Free throw deficit doesn't automatically equal poor, or biased officiating. I've seen plenty of games where one team was getting to the line, way more than the other team. If the officiating did their job, which is to enforce the rules, deficit could've been far worse.

Personally, I mostly stopped watching where bumps on Pierce was called, but not for Bryant on the other end. Granted, I wasn't paying particular attention to officiating. To me, it looked like they were allowing too much contact like they always do in the WWF NBA. NBA, Where Rule Changes Happen.... Every night, quarter, sometime from one minute to the next.

Word is, Kevin Pritchard, the General Manager who rebuilt the Trail Blazers could be fired as soon as this upcoming week. Thanks to his services, now the arena seats are sold out every night, roster is full of young talent, good citizens. They will fire him, because they felt that he was too cocky(unproven), lost the powerstruggle. Good going Blazers & Paul Allen! Whom I previously used to respect. Been a hardcore Blazer fan for over decades, but I guess this is it. Pritchard only brought back the franchise from the brink of death, no big deal! Sooner I can stop following this league with way too much agenda(I won't call it hidden, it's pretty obvious) the better. Now take the franchise over to Seattle, rename it Sonics like you've been wanting to all along! 👍

LMAO at that picture Carl.:lol: Celtics won game 2 in LA! East siiiiiide!:lol:

a6m5, I detect you're presently unhappy with the NBA :sly:, if you don't like poor refs don't ever EVER come to Australia and play in my local league. Personally I don't know quite enough about the NBA to know where you're coming from on the management issue there.

Do we HAVE to use "rape" to describe poor officiating? I know I said I didn't care who won the title since my Rockets aren't in the playoffs, but I am watching these games. There were some horrible fouls called in this game as almost everybody had at least three fouls. That third foul on Kobe was an absolute flop job by the Celtics. With the series tied 1-1, Round 3 in Boston is going to be pivotal in determining who's for real and who will move closer towards winning the championship.

I've picked the Lakers (though I'm so NOT a Lakers bandwagoneer) even in the early phases of the season or before the playoffs. We'll see who's for real tomorrow night and on Thursday night.

a6m5, I detect you're presently unhappy with the NBA :sly:
I haven't been for years. And I can't leave them alone due to Blazers being the only team I've rooted for so long. It's like a bad marriage, I tell ya.
if you don't like poor refs don't ever EVER come to Australia and play in my local league.
In the NBA, there is such thing as "superstar treatment". Some calls the Kobe, King James get, you may not be entitled to. Shaq, now, no rules applied to him. In his prime, he could just knockdown his defender, dunk it home, David Stern(NBA Chairman) called it good. I do like how the league call this preferential treatment though; "benefit of doubt". I just call it B.S.

The other stuff, I'm sure you see in basketball officiating around the world. One minute, you look at somebody wrong, they will call a foul that's not even there. Next minute, it's pretty much no blood, no foul. I fully understand that basketball is a hard game to officiate. Unfortunately for them, that is their problem, I don't want a excuse, I want to see consistent officiating.
Personally I don't know quite enough about the NBA to know where you're coming from on the management issue there.
Basically, my team(Blazers) were full of underachieving losers, some were criminals. We were known as the "Jail Blazers"(Trail Ganstas to some :sly: ) around the country, we were seen as the biggest losers in the NBA after the Clippers. After a team of Paterson/Nash(Pres/GM) got rid of most criminals, we still had bunch of losers on the roster, tickets obviously could not be sold, team lost control of the arena(it went bankrupt), team was put for sale, etc. It had hit rock bottom.

After Kevin Pritchard taking over as the General Manager, everything went up from there, and they sell out every games. And now they want to fire him, because they don't like his face, or something like that. These same idiots that nearly, effectively killed our team wants to take charge again, and I'm somewhat fed up by them. Without KP, I'm pretty certain that our two star players would be the two promising players from the 2006 NBA Draft: Tyrus Thomas & Randy Foye. Together, they amount to ___________ . Nothing.

Here's the quote from David Aldridge(formerly ESPN) today:
David Aldridge NBA.com
The Blazers are not distinguishing themselves with how they're handling the impending dismissal of Kevin Pritchard. If you're going to fire him, show some class and do it now. You would think he was owed that after rebuilding the roster in three years and ridding Portland of its "Jail Blazers" nickname. But we know the antipathy for Pritchard runs deep inside the walls of Paul Allen's Vulcans, and they're acting in an incredibly callous way.

You can knock people over if their feet aren't planted, basketball is a very physical game for forwards and centres, I should know because I play centre (At just 6ft 3" though). :lol:

You can knock people over if their feet aren't planted, basketball is a very physical game for forwards and centres, I should know because I play centre (At just 6ft 3" though). :lol:
Trust me, I know the rules. You can not always knock players over, especially if the the defender has established position, no matter if the feet are set or not. It's when you are drawing the charge, your feet must be set(it never is!), outside the circle, yada, yada, yada. Of course, how many Shaq highlights have you seen where this giant is lowering his shoulder to defenders half his size? And how many times have I seen the guy who was playing Shaq, repeats the exact same, EXACT SAME move on the other end, only with less force gets called for offensive foul? It's nearly a professional wrestling. Some in the league are getting paid to win, some are getting paid to lose.

It's funny how NBA fans were concerned about Tim Donaghy's gambling(he's an referee) on the games he worked. Have they never noticed Iverson never got called for carry, Shaq for just about everything there were rules for(his over the back looks like a whale jumping out of sea), all superstar 2's & 3's are allowed up to three steps to the basket? etc.? etc.?

I like sports like baseball, football(either one), where officiating has less say in. Tennis, Golf, I think they are great. :P

I saw ESPNEWS earlier and heard this stat: when the NBA Finals are tied at 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the NBA title 28 out of 32 times. Boston says they're a good home team. Be interesting to see who takes Game 3.

Lakers at Celtics for Game 3. Who you got winning tonight?

[UPDATE] That game that I said was "tomorrow night" was TONIGHT! I'm so screwed up in the head right now! Damn!

Last edited:
If only KG didn't get injured RIGHT BEFORE the playoffs last year, we (Celtics) would have a three-peat after this year. IMO, bad luck gave Kobe his 'he can do it on his own' ring. Lakers need to show up to games to win, don't they teach you that kinda early on in your career?

Jerome

If only KG didn't get injured RIGHT BEFORE the playoffs last year, we (Celtics) would have a three-peat after this year. IMO, bad luck gave Kobe his 'he can do it on his own' ring. Lakers need to show up to games to win, don't they teach you that kinda early on in your career?

Jerome
No offense, but are you one of the bandwagon fans, or a true Celtic fan who supported them through Pierce/Walker days? Just wanted to ask, because I've met so many Celtic fans since Garnett got there. :D

I figured the Lakers would win Game 6. I probably thought that the Lakers just lost Game 5 almost intentionally, just so L.A. can mop the floor in that Lion's Den known as the Staples Center.

Game 7- this is why we watch sports: one final game, one last chance to be a hero, one last chance to win it all. Who'll step up and want it more? We're about to find out this Thursday. Celtics vs. Lakers, one last time this season. Tell it- who wins the NBA Championship?

Honestly, I don't think any players go into the NBA Final game with the mindset that they can afford to lose a game, when the series is tied 2-2.

As for Game 7, while it is easy to say that it'll be the Lakers, I think there are too many factors to be considered. I've said before the series started that it will be a close series, Lakers would still win. But I never thought that Celtics would be get the lead in the series, or Lakers would disappear the way they did in some of the games.

Game 7, I thought the Lakers again had the edge. But that was until my local sports writer John Canzano opened his mouth. I like the guy as a person and all, but I find him sometimes appalling as a basketball analyst. :lol: He predicted Lakers in Game 7, which AUTOMATICALLY locks Celtics as the 2010 World Champs. Congratulations, Celtics. Canzano, I consider him automatically wrong in his predictions, so there is no doubt in my mind. :lol:👍

Aaaaaaaaaaand the winners are, by an 83-79 score...

The LOS ANGELES LAKERS!

So "Beat LA" and "ANYBODY but the Lakers" didn't work. Congratulations to the champs.

Is it time for a new season thread yet? This free agency off-season movement will be very interesting to watch! It doesn't sound like the Raptors will keep Bosh, I guess they really hate winning. "Oh noes we have a good player, quick, get rid of him!". OK, so maybe it's not exactly their choice if they lose him, but it still sucks.:sly:

Back