• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,141 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Per the request of Paulie, I've opened this thread to discuss the 2010-2011 season of the National Basketball Association. The big deal going on now is on LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh and where they will be going. Everyone's looking up at the Lakers as the team to beat this coming October into November.

Preseason, regular season, postseason, off-season... welcome to the new season's thread!

Rumour has it Bosh could end up with the Heat, were he and Wade to combine, Miami's Finest would take on a whole new meaning.:crazy: I hope big Nate Jawai can get a spot in the NBA this season.:) I am also hoping to see Patrick Mills get more game time perhaps with a different team if need be. After seeing him play in the Boomers World Challenge against Argentina, I can vouch for his skill, especially his speed and ability to cut to the hoop. His shooting touch is also pretty good, but he makes a lot of mistakes and as such needs that extra game time to refine his game IMO.

My take on Lebron -

He stays in Cleveland.With as much influence as Lebron has with the Cavs.,I see Dwayne Wade wearing a scarlet colored uniform next year. It's no secret that Lebron wants to play with this guy.

Story.

I very highly doubt that the Cavs could afford to keep both Lebron and then get Wade as well, especially since they pay Shaq so much.

No confirmation as to Shaqs return as of yet. Will Shaq retire ? No one knows yet.His one year deal is up.Even if Shaq returns he will only make a fraction of his 20 mill. that he made last year.The Cavs. organization can swing having Lebron and Dwayne.The money can be had in Cleveland.Chicago's offer is 30 mill. less than Clevelands,the N.Y. deal for Lebron has pretty much fallen through.So who's next,Miami ? If Wade stays,can the Heat get Lebron ?

I'll bring the loyalty factor into this - Lebron stays in Cleveland.

I thought Shaq was still on contract to Cleveland, he probably should retire soon.

Shaq is going on 39 yrs. old,the oldest man playing right now.He should retire.Last year towards the end of the season he was down with injuries and was not much help. Free up space and the mediocre deal that Shaq will draw for this year and bring in Wade.The move may put the Cavs. organization into salary cap purgatory,but look what the end result could yield.

Am I right to think Chris Bosh is super overrated?

My opinion is that Lebron will go to the Knicks and then Patrick Ewing will come out of retirement and create a new super team with him.

Wade has to stay in Miami. Would be awesome if we also got Lebron, and would be even awesomer if Dexter Pittman turns out to be Shaq Jr.

Yes, you are. He is a good player, but his PPG is inflated as he is a ball hog!!! Even Kobe has a higher APG than him.

As for my T'Wolves, yet another rebuilding year(can it still even be called that?) is in the works.:guilty::indiff::grumpy:

Doesn't he also suck on defense? I wouldn't know because I haven't seen any Raptors games.

No I don't think you are.

Yes, you are. He is a good player, but his PPG is inflated as he is a ball hog!!! Even Kobe has a higher APG than him.

Is a Power Forward expected to have that many assists? A guard on the other hand. Although Bosh did have a lot of higher assist games towards the end of the year IIRC.

Doesn't he also suck on defense? I wouldn't know because I haven't seen any Raptors games.

Is 10.8 rebounds/game on average bad defence (7.9 defensive)? I don't think so. Plus he was only like, the 2nd best player in the All-Star game. Plus his stats dropped a little after his injured ankle, probably compounded by that mid-season slump on behalf of the Raptors as a whole after the All-Star weekend. Oh no, he's definitely good. Mind you I'm a Raptors fan first and foremost, and since he won't be with Toronto next season by the sounds of it, I don't care how good he is.:lol::sly:

Tomorrow night,9:00 pm on ESPN,Lebron has a press conference to state where he is going or if he is staying in Cleveland.Miami got Wade to stay,they got Bosh,did they get Lebron ?

I think not (my opinion). Lebron remains loyal to Cleveland. Something that really does not exist in pro sports any more,loyalty.Until now.

Tomorrow night,9:00 pm on ESPN,Lebron has a press conference to state where he is going or if he is staying in Cleveland.Miami got Wade to stay,they got Bosh,did they get Lebron ?

I think not (my opinion). Lebron remains loyal to Cleveland. Something that really does not exist in pro sports any more,loyalty.Until now.

Hey there Nicksfix. I hope you're right. I mean, he's supposed to be getting an hour long special to tell us his decision. I hope its comprised of a long list of reasons why he's staying here. I hope. I too was born in Akron, and have lived in and around Cleveland my whole life. If Lebron leaves, it'll be a long time before the Cavs ever come back to being competitive.

Well, hopefully Wade and Bosh heat things up together.

Hopefully LeBron signs with us. That would be freaking awesome. That would make the Celtics trio look like garbage.

If Lebron leaves, it'll be a long time before the Cavs ever come back to being competitive.

Or any Cleveland team for that matter. :lol: Can't see anything good coming from the Browns or the Tribe,at least in the near future.

True Lofasz,this is the Cavs golden opportunity to put Cleveland sports on the map. Seize it now,while you can.

So would it be wrong of me to chose a new team to root for? The Timberpuppies have to be one of the worst ran teams ever, at least all the other crap teams wind up with a good draft pick every once in awhile, we have had KG in '95, and that's it. Now this offseason they haven't done crap, they could have at least tried to get one of the top guys, but no, they settle for trying to get David Lee who is nowhere near being a franchise player. I guess I could be a Trail Blazers fan without being a bandwagon fan as I was born there, yeah, I like that idea.

Go Trail Blazers!!!!!!!!!

Well, hopefully Wade and Bosh heat things up together.

Hopefully LeBron signs with us. That would be freaking awesome. That would make the Celtics trio look like garbage.

I take it you're a Miami fan then? For this season, they'll be my 2nd favourite team now, and my realistic team to hope wins the championship, as Toronto won't be doing it any time soon.

So would it be wrong of me to chose a new team to root for? The Timberpuppies have to be one of the worst ran teams ever, at least all the other crap teams wind up with a good draft pick every once in awhile, we have had KG in '95, and that's it. Now this offseason they haven't done crap, they could have at least tried to get one of the top guys, but no, they settle for trying to get David Lee who is nowhere near being a franchise player. I guess I could be a Trail Blazers fan without being a bandwagon fan as I was born there, yeah, I like that idea.

Go Trail Blazers!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Well Raptors haven't exactly done much this off-season either, their draft picks weren't terrible it seems though, and at least they had the hindsight to get someone to try and fill Bosh's role. Some of their players have really got decent skill, Bargnani, Turkoglu, so I hope to see them firing on all cylinders this season. A team without superstars is more likely to work better as a team. [/Trying to convince myself the Raptors will be fine]

I take it you're a Miami fan then? For this season, they'll be my 2nd favourite team now, and my realistic team to hope wins the championship, as Toronto won't be doing it any time soon.

Yep, they're my home team and I've been a casual fan for life. Not too hardcore into basketball, but I lurv the Heat.

Nice. I try to keep up with the NBA, but realistically time constraints and distance issues mean I'm probably classed as a casual fan as well.

Well ESPN is reporting that Lebron is most likely headed to the Heat. Either the Heat or the Cavs.

This would be awesome.

Imagine the games between Heat, Lakers and Celtics if James went to the Heat. Even if he stays at the Cavs, this year the games between those 4 teams should be awesome to watch.

Everyone watching the LeBron James special? It's streaming live on ESPN3.

WE GOT LEBRON! Wooooo!!! The Heat's bench is gonna SUCK, LOL!

Heat would be the no-brainer choice. Staying with the Cavs would certainly be a surprise. For winning, he should go to Chicago. To please & surprise the fans, he should stay put. To dominate, he should go to Miami.

One thing's for sure though, he's lost a lot of respect around the country already. We knew he was arrogant. We just didn't know he was this arrogant. More fans to lose after he signs with one of the five cities(L.A. was never seriously considered).

Not hating, but I'd start rooting for anybody who'd play the New Miami Heat. It's just unfair man, if they get all three. :lol: And personally, should James join the Heat, I see him as a inferior competitor compared to the likes of MJ & Kobe. It's tough to win on your own(as the lone superstar on the team), but it's not impossible. Gilbert does not hesitate to spend the money, so they can afford to get help. They just happened to have had an idiot for GM(Danny Fairy).

LeBron should stay in Cleveland for his sake. I hope whatever the next move doesn't make it a King Kobe & Princess James. :sly:

Edit: I just heard the announcement. :lol:

Now we just need Dexter Pittman to become Mr. Beast Shaq Jr. THE HEAT WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE! LOL!

With the healthy trio, decent bench, and chemistry, they should break records, and win nearly every game this year.

Post season's still somewhat unpredictable. NBA Playoffs turns into wrestling matches, and superstar treatment(benefit of doubt :rolleyes: ) seem to wear off noticeably. I can't wait to see how Miami games are officiated during the Playoffs. Phil Jackson should have retired.

I have an idea.... now that we have Lebron, we can put Bosh on the bench to dominate the other team's bench if he turns out to be a ballhog. :lol:

Or maybe Beasly will alone give us a dominating bench if he doesn't get traded. Pretty sure he'll be going to Toronto or something though.

What is wrong with Beasley? I've been hearing that he has mental issue, my boss said he sounded really messed up in one of this interviews?

Big question now for Miami ?

How long will it take to bring a championship to South Beach ? Can it be done this year ?

Back