NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically it's not looking good for OKC. Even if they should pull it off tonight. The stats show that it's is next to impossible for them to win it all this year.

Game 4 was not cable only.

You are right. I don't know what I had my channel on. I could swear that it was on ABC, and the game was not on. The time was definitely right, because I ended up checking the score on CBS Sports, and it was mid-first quarter. My bad. :dopey:

OKC has dug their own grave.
See, I just can't agree with that. I think Mac pretty much said same thing, but by noting how green they were.

Blowing it against the Bobcats is digging your own grave. Blowing it against the superior team is just getting beat. Yeah, you made those mistakes, but because they got you tightened up. I guess that's just my philosophy, but that's how I see it. Say I'm playing one-on-one against a better player. I will be forced to execute better plays, and chances are, will be forced to make more mistakes. You didn't beat yourself against another contender, they beat you. Against the Bobcats, I bet they would have executed better.

Then why root for either team?
Because I hate Miami, but not as much as I hate the Thunder. Don't get me wrong. I hope that you know I have absolutely nothing against the Thunder players, or Oklahoma. Love Brooks & Presti, too. But if Clay Bennett got hit by a bus tonight, I might chuckle. We don't like Seattle, and they don't like us(Portland), but way they got taken is not right. Perfectly legal, but all Bennett had to do was wait for team that was ready to relocate. He went into that transaction with a empty promise, and full aware that Seattle was not going to be able to finance the new arena. I hate the corporate culture anyways, but when they just tell you the silliest lies to your face, fully aware that these little people can do absolutely nothing about it, that's a slap in the face.
Historically it's not looking good for OKC. Even if they should pull it off tonight. The stats show that it's is next to impossible for them to win it all this year.
If anybody can do it, Thunder certainly would be one of the top candidates. And if anybody was going to fold, Heat certainly would be one of the top candidates. Now if there was a team that defeat itself...... :D

Maybe they made the trade but its not official until the finals are over?
Maybe, I don't know. It's still weird how I've never seen a trade during Playoffs, and not one story I read touches on this fact. :crazy:

Man that trade we did with the Wizards, we got absolutely jacked, bad trade by Demps IMO.
Whoa-whoa-whoa.... Okafor was OK, and Ariza was OK. While you could do worse, players like them are easily replaced, or upgraded. OK, centers are harder to come by, but they probably made too much money. Rashard Lewis has a contract that he was not worth when he was still in his prime(idiots in Orlando). There is no doubt that this was a salary cap move. Expect Rashard contract to go bye-bye, either in amnesty(if N.O. still have it), or buyout. I bet he'll never suit up for the Hornets.

I hope James Harden gets a fat fine from the NBA after the Finals. You don't get smacked in the face with a elbow to the chest. Even the announcers said the commission is going to be on top of that play.

I hope James Harden gets a fat fine from the NBA after the Finals. You don't get smacked in the face with a elbow to the chest. Even the announcers said the commission is going to be on top of that play.
I've caught some Miami highlights, especially in the first quarter, but I missed that one.

That first quarter, Miami looked fast, fluid, in sync, while OKC offense looked sluggish, and forcing play by running into defenders.

I said all along, man. That no good Shane Battier, he's one of the best glue guy any contender could have. He's been huge in this series, as well as in this Game 5. :crazy:

I've caught some Miami highlights, especially in the first quarter, but I missed that one.

That first quarter, Miami looked fast, fluid, in sync, while OKC offense looked sluggish, and forcing play by running into defenders.

I said all along, man. That no good Shane Battier, he's one of the best glue guy any contender could have. He's been huge in this series, as well as in this Game 5. :crazy:
Right now, Miller has been on fire & the young Jones put up a nice 3 as well. Bosh & Wade driving well. LeBron doing a good job finding open players.

Right now, Miller has been on fire & the young Jones put up a nice 3 as well. Bosh & Wade driving well. LeBron doing a good job finding open players.

All that, and down only seven points. Thunder has to like that. If they could keep it that close thru the half, they have a decent chance of earning a trip back to OKC.

It's because he got elbowed in his ugly ass beard, which of course is nowhere near his face.

Miami fans. :lol: Portland fans have so much more class. We just swear at you!

Edit: Thunder down only seventeen points now. If they can keep it close to down by twenty, they just need to outscore the Heat by twenty in the second half.....

Edit 2: That girl, Christina. Horrid pass. She's still a Raptor.

It's because he got elbowed in his ugly ass beard, which of course is nowhere near his face.
Harden drew BS fouls on Miller (his 3rd, not his 4th) & Wade too. What a joke of a player.

Norris Cole: his only weakness is giant African men.

Harden's pretty good. Battier with that unexpected drive. How good is he? For a Bluedevil 🤬

Harden's pretty good. Battier with that unexpected drive. How good is he? For a Bluedevil 🤬
Harden's good at driving to the basket & drawing a legitimate foul there. He needs to do that, not fall on his ass so much.

LeBron should play more one-on-one. He's doing so good. :rolleyes:

What a dummy. One guy dribbling, dribbling, dribbling, and four guys standing around.
Harden's good at driving to the basket & drawing a legitimate foul there. He needs to do that, not fall on his ass so much.

Yeah, there's plenty of that going on. :crazy:

LeBron should play more one-on-one. He's doing so good. :rolleyes:

What a dummy. One guy dribbling, dribbling, dribbling, and four guys standing around.

Yeah, there's plenty of that going on. :crazy:
I agree he's not taking a lot of shots & Harden is definitely giving him room. But the announcers have said that's not his game. He's doing a good job with assists & drives though.

Waiting for Wade to come back and see what he does with 2 fouls, not 3.

I agree he's not taking a lot of shots & Harden is definitely giving him room.
That was sarcasm, when he forced a one-on-one play. :lol:

P.S. If Omnis is right about Cole, expect to see him drop a fifty against Utah.

Miami raining down 3's!

Edit* Not sure even I agree with Fischer being called for a flagrant on that call. It was a hard foul, but James was moving fast.

Last edited:
Technically, I'd agree that they could call flagrant on that Fisher foul, but I thought that was a stretch!

Edit: If they could keep it close to down 25, they just need to hold Heat scoreless in the fourth......

Last edited:
I feel like if Wade's alley-oop would've gone in, this thing would be over. Having bad Dirk juju though. Would like for them to win already.

Thinking about Dirk opening up a can last year. Bad Dirk JuJu.

Thinking about Dirk opening up a can last year. Bad Dirk JuJu.
Even my great Dirk couldn't come back from this, not that my Mavs probably would have let it gotten this bad by the 4th QTR.

This is a turrible game for OKC. Just turrible.[/Barkley]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back