NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
Traveled? He gathered the first step (which is allowed) Ginobli was going to put up a shot which clearly wasn't going to go in foul or not, but Allen did slap him across the arm as he was putting up the shot...which was a foul.

Are you blind? Did they show a different replay on Miami television? Ray Allen had his hand on the ball, brah. Manu wasn't even going up for the shot when he lost it.

Manu pulled the ball up to bring it over traffic, but Allen's hand was there so he lost it.
Hand was there? So he got a block, or strip? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure they'll have a video available soon.

I don't think it would be fair to blame the officiating if you were rooting for the Spurs. Miami got away with plenty, but they got shorted plenty. Spurs could have easily won this game with better execution.

It's all shooting and rebounding. When Miami rebounds, they usually win. Maybe Chris Bosh is to thank for finally discovering jumping.

I agree, the refs are turrible. Too many make-up calls. Two wrongs don't make a right. One thing's for sure, though. SA is much less vulnerable to officiating swing.

Are you blind? Did they show a different replay on Miami television? Ray Allen had his hand on the ball, brah. Manu wasn't even going up for the shot when he lost it.
Are you blind?

Anyone watching that replay knows Allen slapped Manu's left arm as he went up in the air. It doesn't matter if Allen's other hand was on the ball, he committed a foul with the other.

Tough to see the no-call there. We have yet to see ANY team win consecutive games in this series. That wouldn't be a good trend for Miami but now each team has two blowouts and one close victory.

SA is much less vulnerable to officiating swing.
This is the truth most noobie fans don't see. I love San Antonio, but like OKC & Miami, they get favorable officiating. If the Heat were playing the Blazers in the Finals this year(humor me :D), you guys would've been in LOVE with the refs. Fans crying about how refs suck during the game, they made me chuckle. For Portland fans, that's what we are used to. I'm not even talking about against elite teams like the Heat. Last one was Yao Ming & the Rockets. They might as well just make up rules as they go. "It's a foul to touch him", "you can hammer him", "that's a foul if you do it to that guy", "wait, you are Shaq, lemme reverse that call"...... <<<<NBA

Edit: I just went looking for the replay on the drive by Manu? People are doing same thing as you guys are in here, accusing each other of being blind. My impression was that he got hit, but Manu also took three steps. I really have to see the replay now.

Last edited:
I'm looking for the replay too. My usual source stopped putting up stuff since Game 3 so I don't know what's going on.

0:38 Ray Allen's sleeved hand pushes the ball out. Does the right hand foul? Maybe, but the left hand is on the ball and when Manu brings it up it squirts out.

I can't see what the heck's going on with the grainy video & Boris getting his fat butt in the way!

If Van Gundy is right, if Manu indeed were fouled, then telling by the video, that may be why Ginobili traveled. I don't know, I gotta either see a HD replay from three different angles, or actually be there witnessing the play.

That's the only thing I could find right now. Surely there will be better views by tomorrow.

Anyway, the ball is already out before Diaw blocks the action. Allen's right hand doesn't even touch Manu's left arm. If there was a touch you'd see Allen's arm jerk and the impact would be visible moving up the forearm at least. On the next view you see Allen's right hand graze the ball and try to strip it. Doesn't work, but he still has his left hand on the ball, so he brings the right back and the left pops the ball out when Manu lifts up.

Last edited:
You say that, but that's from just one angle. Replay from one angle often show something completely misleading to what actually took place. Viewing three angles is a lock, two's usually good enough.

Edit:

CBS score card on the Spurs, Heat, players & officiating. I totally agree with their assessment on the officials. They hurt both teams plenty, and while I think it hurt the Heat more, I love what they said here about the officiating:

Nobody knew what a foul was throughout Game 6.

Amen.

Last edited:
Well, terrible officiating or not, that was some HELLA clutch play from Lebron, Allen and Bosh (who had the big offensive board and two important blocks-Parker/Green). That was exciting watching!

So the pattern of the Finals is being followed. San Antonio wins one, following Miami winning the next one.

Will San Antonio complete this trend? I don't think so. They completely choked in the fourth and overtime (thanks Manu for being a scrub), but this is a team that has a coach that's been there done that. Alongside a Tim Duncan who showed he came to play last game.

Keys for San Antonio: keep up the pace, keep feeding Duncan down low, figure out how to draw multiple screens for shooters like Green, and really holding Lebron and Wade to keep shooting. I'd rather live with a made jumper than an easy lay up.

I think the best thing San Antonio can do is to keep Miami defense guessing. Defense has been fine, and Miami's defense has been slow to adapt to different style offense San Antonio has thrown at them. If their offense could take command, they have a chance, like all other games they've won, or like last night, kept close.

I hope Wade's knee's really swollen tomorrow. I'm a summabitch. :P

Is it bad to say that I only watch the highlights of the press conference and what they have to say, not look at what they're wearing? :lol:

Is it bad to say that I only watch the highlights of the press conference and what they have to say, not look at what they're wearing? :lol:

No, all this fashion crap is just that, crap.

Game 7 tonight! If you guessed this series would go seven games, you were right. We're crowning an NBA champ tonight in Miami. Will the champs be the visiting San Antonio Spurs... or the homestanding Miami Heat? Here is a stat I read (set me straight if wrong)- no road team has ever won Game 7 of the NBA Finals since 1978, when the Washington Bullets beat the Seattle Supersonics.

Whether or not it takes 48 minutes to decide a champion, good luck to both San Antonio and Miami tonight, and congratulations to the 2012-2013 NBA (not "world") champions.

I have come to the conclusion that Manu Ginobli is the best player for the Miami Heat. That idiot pretty much helped hand Miami their trophy with his awful performance.

I have come to the conclusion that Manu Ginobli is the best player for the Miami Heat. That idiot pretty much helped hand Miami their trophy with his awful performance.

2 games in a row , manu is a double edged sword like that

Spurs played well. They got much further than I thought.

When Heat was resting Lebron James, the best player in the league, they had Ray Allen, Dywane Wade & Chris Bosh on the floor. You just can not beat this team.

Great job Spurs. 👍

I have no idea why the ostrich gets any sort of credit to this championship. Besides his block on Green, he's been a mediocre center who could easily be replaced by Andersen.

On that note, the Birdman getting a ring is the only reason I would have liked to see Miami win. 12 seasons in the league as a very good center, but continuously plagued by problems off the court out of his control. That guy deserves more credit than the ostrich imo.

Manu looked finished honestly. Next year may be the last for the Heat trio as James' contract has an opt-out option.

Latest Posts

Back