NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
If I was Pop, I'd go with the Game 3 tactic by involving the outside shooters, rest of the series. I still don't understand why they get away from it, and it is somewhat of hail mary plan, but that's the only way they are going to win the series. Ginobili has not made a difference, only hurt the team. Parker has slowed down since Game 1, even Timmy is starting to get pushed around. It's not like they have to blow them out by 36 points, but San Antonio, at least in my eyes, must fall back on their shooters.

Finally, if that doesn't work, go with completely new line-up, new plays & see if Miami would miraculously fail to adapt. Works against my Blazers, but I completely doubt this would work against Miami. :dopey:

San Antonio defense is not bad, considering. Neither are their offense, but it's certainly not good enough to beat Miami as-is. Miami has gotten better, and they've proven that they are unbeatable with their backs to the wall.

In a word: OVER! :lol:

NBA IS BACK!

Danny Green hammered on a lay up attempt, goes flying, no call. Lebron just freight trains into the defense & no, it's not offensive foul, you get free throws!

They don't even try to hide the double-standard. :lol:

Edit: He did it again! At least they didn't give him more free throws for running into his defender again.

Last edited:
Miami still got this.

P.S. Thank you, Lebronu Jaminobili. I'm certain they kissed each other before the game.
The GIF that Bleacher Report has of Ray Allen reacting to his 3PT record is priceless :lol:

I have to see that.

That is awesome! Thanks my man. 👍

I forgot: After Game 4, I got superstitious and took Ginobili avatar off. It's going to stay off. :D

P.S. There goes my prediction of Miami in six. :embarrassed:

Back and forth and back and forth. This should go to 7 games but San Antonio has found a rising star.

It is going seven games, Blitz. :P

Edit: And I guess it wouldn't be fair if I didn't mention the few plays that I could swear Miami got fouled on, including Wade(who usually get away with murder). Maybe Stern just wanted to make sure the league milked the Playoffs s'more, because the best of seven in first round is not long enough.

Last edited:
Manu! Finally came to play! If he & Duncan can stay like this, then Parker should have no problem helping the team to a win.

Manu shot well, but he still moved around like a fat, old man(not literally, just basketball talk). But of course, hitting shots is still pretty damn important, and it opens things up for other guys.

Honestly though, I thought NBA officiating ripped off Miami in the second half, just so they can ensure a Game 7. Granted, San Antonio made some remarkable defensive plays(like Green stripping Lebron in front of the basket), but there were so many no-calls, it was sickening to watch. Yeah, I still thoroughly enjoyed watching Miami getting ripped off, Wade & James crying like babies, but that wasn't right. NBA = One step away from professional wrestling
The look on his face. Hilarious. :lol:
What I don't understand is why is he so bummed? Surely he didn't think Green wasn't going to hit another three for rest of the series?

That's what you get for piling on by joining the Miami All-Stars Heat! In your face!

P.S. FUNNIEST moment in the Finals, EVER was the league's most notorious flopper absolutely losing it at the referee, when formerly the most notorious flopper flopped on him. I have never seen Battier cry that hard before. :lol:

P.S. FUNNIEST moment in the Finals, EVER was the league's most notorious flopper absolutely losing it at the referee, when formerly the most notorious flopper flopped on him. I have never seen Battier cry that hard before. :lol:

Flops on Flops?

Flop city flop flop city :lol:

Flops on Flops?

Flop city flop flop city :lol:

Just in case you guys missed it:

I'm just sorry this video doesn't have the tirade of tired & hungry baby with poop in the diaper Battier, crying, acting dramatically because somebody else flopped on him for change. Battier is a great player, but somebody needs to slap his face. Hard.

Manu did kind of over-exaggerate the contact, but if you watch as Battier comes towards him, Manu moves his upper body back a little & this allows his feet to come down angled out away from him causing him to fall.

As you know, the league really stepped up the shooting foul as including that you can not interfere with a player coming down as well, not just going up. I think that's where Manu managed to really sell that foul to the refs.

Regarding the rest of the fouls, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Heat fans crybaby their way to calling the game fixed because, "when Spurs drove to the basket, it was always a foul b/c the Heat are stronger players & SA would 'flop'", but "SA got away with fouls when Miami drove".

These people must be retarded because that's exactly how Miami always got to the line through the season & the Playoffs. By bullying & jabbing their arms in the lanes whether on an offensive drive or defensive post up. :lol::lol::lol:

Miami got the taste of their own medicine in that game, but my impression of that second half is the same as those Miami fans, NBA fix was in.

Rules change from play to play, player to player in this league. There are game like last night, officiating will do everything in their power to make one sided calls. If you didn't see it last night, you've still seen it million times before. Touch fouls getting called on one end of the court, sometimes, not even a contact, there's a whistle. At the other end, defense will absolutely hammer you, send you flying into the stands & nothing. Play on. If they called anything at all, it would be a offensive foul on your team.

Lebron and Wade crying about unfair officiating, while it was unfortunate they weren't getting fair calls, it was like "welcome to the world of bench players playing against you two clowns." For the millionth time, NBA calls it "benefit of doubt", uh, no. It's called "bias", and it has no room in credible professional sports.

Consistency is a must in officiating, and NBA officiating does not come close.

P.S. As you know, they played the Manu replay from several different angles Sunday, and I still think he flopped. There definitely was a contact there, so you can't argue the foul itself, but I fully expect the NBA to fine Ginobili, and if I was Stern, I'd fine Battier half a million dollars for being the most embarrassing hypocrite in the Finals, ever.

Heh, this is kind of funny.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hofst6YUktQ">YouTube Link</a>

Carmelo Anthony flops almost every possession, and Kobe Bryant. He flops a lot but, he makes stronger contact against his opponent to cause him to flop. With lebron, you could touch his hand and he'll drop to the floor. Lol

And my favourite player CP3 pulls it off every now and then, only part I dislike about his game 👎

Then again what do you expect, most players try and pull flops every now and then.

The 2012-2013 NBA season could end tonight. The champion will be crowned in Miami as Game 6 of the NBA Finals is tonight. San Antonio leads the series 3-2. Tonight is a must-win for Miami if the Heat want to force a Game 7.

Spurs at Heat. Game 6. Good luck to both teams.

People don't understand the difference between flopping and drawing fouls. The only guy that really blatant flopped this series has been Wade.

Battier flails around like Gumby all the time anyway. He's just awkward.

Carmelo Anthony flops almost every possession, and Kobe Bryant. He flops a lot but, he makes stronger contact against his opponent to cause him to flop. With lebron, you could touch his hand and he'll drop to the floor. Lol
I don't watch Carmelo enough, but I have heard before he likes to flop every now & then.

Bryant, however, is nowhere near that bad. He's been playing in the league a long time & entered during an era where flopping didn't exist; if you got hit hard enough to fall to the ground like Bosh or Battier does, you got up & got in someone's face. That's exactly what Bryant does when he gets a hard foul.

As Omnis made note though, there's flopping & there's drawing fouls, and Kobe knows how to do the latter. Dirk is a master of it as well. And as the league refs need to be honest about, there is a difference between drawing a foul off a player & them calling a touch foul which is exactly what Kevin Durant is; a touch foul free throw shooter.

Used to love & respect Durant until he started loving & respecting being a master at drawing touch fouls. These nancies needs to just cut the crap & start playing ball. I like what NBA is doing in attempt at bringing these flopping trend to the light, but would they touch their golden boy Durant? Also, jumping into defenders to draw shooing fouls, that's gotta stop. Wade is a major loser here, too.

Edit: Here's a funny Lebron flop video.

Last edited:
Blame the NBA for allowing stuff like flopping to develop when the rules made it uber easy to get to the free throw line.

Flopping fines don't matter if a flop helps you win a title.

Blame the NBA for allowing stuff like flopping to develop when the rules made it uber easy to get to the free throw line.

Flopping fines don't matter if a flop helps you win a title.
If I were the NBA, I'd just keep escalating the penalty until it's just not worth it anymore. If it takes replay review & ten free throws for flopping violation, so be it. :P
Mike Miller just got posterized by Leonard, gawd dammnn! :lol:
He got smacked in the face first, which makes it even sweeter for me. Can't uglify that face any further though.

Back