NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
25 turnovers for the Clippers last night. :crazy:

I'd rather have this problem in the first month of the season than the last. There's time to work it out, but guuuuuh.... I was in class so I couldn't watch it, but I got to hear the last two minutes in my truck on the way home. The radio guy couldn't believe how sloppy the Clipper D was (at least on the perimeter - doing alright in the paint).

This team has lots of work to do. I worry about VDN's abilities in this regard.

Wow OKC got their game in the bag against the Raptors

81-103 with 3:45 to go.

Close game with the magic but Chicago should get away with it 93-98 and 23 seconds left.

Denver leading at halftime 58-51 in their game against the Pistons.

Bears win in Tennessee.

Bulls win in Chicago.

Obama wins the White House.

It's a great week for a Chicagoan. God I miss my city.

So the Raptors got smashed and Lowry twisted his ankle pretty badly, no surprises.:rolleyes:

Rockets' only wins have been on the road so far. Another fail for the Rockets at home as we lost 93-87 to Denver. Poor shooting by the Rockets led to this loss. And in kind of the story of my life... they got close and close to leading, only to fall back and never truly overtake. Rockets were down by as much as 15 at a few points of the game. Rockets will certainly take their losses. But at some point, they have to play much better than their middle-of-the-road level of competitiveness shows. So we're 2-2 on the season now. Yay.

No defence, no Lowry, foul trouble for Valanciunas and despite all that we still couldn't beat a crippled Mavs.
There was a wierd tech fould called at the end of the game on the Raptors though where they were all huddled in their time-out and out of the blue a ref got whistle happy. Nobody did figure out what the call was for.......

Only two games tonight- both part of the NBA on TNT. Tonight's matches:

* Oklahoma City Thunder at Chicago Bulls
* L.A. Clippers at Portland Trail Blazers

Enjoy your Thursday night hoops!

Last night's game recap. The whole thing plays like a highlight reel for Blake and DJ. Pop threw in the towel early since Duncan wasn't looking like he was having an "on" night and poor DeJuan Blair was a sacrificial goat...

Kinda takes the sting away from the playoff embarrassment.

Bulls are far from overrated good sir. Ill give that title to the Lake Show. :P

Why can't they both be overrated? 💡

The Lakers aren't really overrated anymore - no one thinks they're good right now.

Because the Bulls are not slated to win any hardware this season. The only label they can get is underrated because Rose has to watch his Bulls from either his couch or on 2K13. The Bulls can only surprise us, whereas teams like Miami are expected to win.

The Lakers and Knicks are always going to be the most overrated teams in my book because A.) ESPN hypes them up, and B.) The respective fan bases from each team would argue their teams are the best thing since Jesus came to Earth.:sly:

Bulls need to work on that O, though I must say it was an ugly game all around by both teams.

Almost 50 turnovers combined? Yuck.

The lack of Derrick Rose is definitely killing the vibe of the games by the way.

Results from last night:

* The Bulls just didn't have enough to silence the Thunder. Oklahoma City won 97-91 at Chicago. Kevin Durant had 24 points for OKC while Luol Deng accounted for 27 points.

* The Clippers went into the City of Roses and whipped Portland 103-90. J. Crawford for LAC picked up 25 points, and Nicolas Batum got 23 points for Portland.

Enjoy this Friday of NBA hoops if your team(s) is/are playing. My Rockets will try to entertain the Memphis Grizzlies on the road tonight. This is big since it is a Division game (Southwest Division) for my boys. Anything to help our cause towards staying in the Top half of our Conference as well as placing high in our own division is certainly positive.

John I've decided that Houston is the team to support from the West. James Harden is playing some inspired ball, and Asik is playing like a big man who just got a big fat check.

My Bulls need to iron out that offense. Nate needs to stop forcing things, and Booze is as soft on defense as ever before. I won't be shocked if a trade to bring in an offensive oriented shooting guard or player happens this season.

Edit: The Lakers have fired Mike Brown!

Last edited:
Already? I know the Lakers are a proud franchise with immense expectations, but it's sad Mike Brown got 86ed so early in the season. Sucks for Mike Brown. Well... any teams need a new head coach, now that Mike Brown is on the market?

Mike Brown is good with teams that have good defensive players.

I always thought he was more fit to be an assistant coach than head coach.

Mike Brown is good with teams that have good defensive players.

I always thought he was more fit to be an assistant coach than head coach.

Who're they gonna go for now? Van Gundy? McMillan? Hell, Jerry Sloan???

I've predicted McMillan, but I forgot about D'Antoni. He clicked in Phoenix with Nash, Howard & Stoudemire share some similarities in their respective games, so I think that could really work.

Brown I don't think is a bad coach, but I never thought he was any more than above-average, at least telling by what's seen on the court. Of course, coaches can call everything to perfection, but you have to get the players to execute them.

Stan Van Gundy is a bad joke, right? I wouldn't go with Jeff either. Jeff Van Gundy's great, but he seems to back up his kid brother, and the breakup between Stan & Dwight was definitely a messy one. :crazy:

Phil Jackson's another one. Sloan might accept the job for the paycheck, but unless he reinvented himself, what he accomplished in Utah will not at all work in L.A., and not with guys like Kobe, Metta Artest Wurld and Drama Howard in the starting five. No sir, no effing way.

Jerry Sloan works best with no name solid players than big name superstar egos.

Phil Jackson is an obvious choice for any sports team on Earth, but the man himself is content staying retired.

Latest Posts

Back