NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
Yes, thank you Captain Obvious.

Better, but still not there yet. Maybe once the Clippers win the Finals this year you can put the Wizards as the worst NBA franchise. Not yet, though. :dopey:

Warriors? KC Chiefs?

NO

Cubs.

Back at it- Rockets in action tonight, and it's our first back-to-back of the season. The Houston Rockets will be playing against some birds. Rockets at the Atlanta Hawks tonight. The Villain special is tonight as well- Clippers at Lakers. It doesn't matter who wins- Los Angeles wins. But for our own Villain, it DOES matter who wins- as long as it's the Clippers. The Battle for Los Angeles is on tonight.

Hope your team(s) have a great night of basketball as well as a great weekend of basketball. A clutch shot by San Antonio vaulted the Spurs over the Thunder 86-84 last night in San Antonio.

Back at it- Rockets in action tonight, and it's our first back-to-back of the season. The Houston Rockets will be playing against some birds. Rockets at the Atlanta Hawks tonight. The Villain special is tonight as well- Clippers at Lakers. It doesn't matter who wins- Los Angeles wins. But for our own Villain, it DOES matter who wins- as long as it's the Clippers. The Battle for Los Angeles is on tonight.

Hope your team(s) have a great night of basketball as well as a great weekend of basketball. A clutch shot by San Antonio vaulted the Spurs over the Thunder 86-84 last night in San Antonio.

Amazing; the Spurs are STILL going! Respect for the old guard. We're taking on the Knicks tonight. Wade said the game should be delayed because of Sandy, and I think he's right. They got emotion on their side, so it WILL be tough...

Quackjack
Amazing; the Spurs are STILL going! Respect for the old guard. We're taking on the Knicks tonight. Wade said the game should be delayed because of Sandy, and I think he's right. They got emotion on their side, so it WILL be tough...

Lol Tony Parker is only 30 :lol:

I thought you guys were extinct. :lol:

If the Lakers flop(there is a decent chance, folks), the percentage of the fair-weather Clipper fans would skyrocket to epic proportion. It was already to a sickening degree last year, and they have no idea who Donald Sterling is, what he stands for, why he should just go away, and why Clippers should lose as long this man owns the club. I have a friend who jumped on the Clippers bandwagon last season, and he is aware of the crap Sterling is. I don't understand it, but I think he just loves Chris Paul too much(who doesn't?).
I'm not trying to sound like a bandwagon Clippers fan, but I have liked CP3 for a while now & I do want to see Butler continue to have a good career as he was part of our Championship team (even if he didn't play in the Finals :P).

I think this Lakers team may be in trouble if they continue to play as they do. The offense needs to change, period. Nash can not adapt to it eventually because his ability to run his offense is what makes him one of the best PGs ever. It needs to "adapt" to him. Yes, I know he's not playing tonight, but he will be back regardless & when he does, Brown has to let the vet do his thing.

The game is still young per say, though already, Gasol is leaving Griffin with room to shoot & Paul has no trouble with Blake. And then big baby Howard (as I'm assuming Omins would refer to him as) is getting into foul trouble. But, for the sake of it, I'll believe the team is in serious trouble after I see what their 10 game record is.

In other news, holy crap Westbrook is going to cost OKC some games this season. He didn't even seem to acknowledge Martin. Meanwhile, former team mate Harden has to have made Rockets fans very happy with the trade.

It was 109-102 in the first game of our back-to-back as we downed the Atlanta Hawks. James Harden had 37 on Halloween at Detroit. Tonight was a 45-point effort- his new career high point output (previous was 40). So my Rockets are 2-0 as we return home Saturday night to host Portland.

Elsewhere, here are a few scores...

* The Knicks iced the Miami Heat at Madison Square Garden. It was a 104-84 thrashing.

* Speaking of thrashing, the other Florida NBA team easily handled the Mile High boys. A 102-89 all-you-can-beat buffet was enjoyed by Orlando over the Denver Nuggets.

* sumbrownkid was smiling as his Bulls went into Cleveland to beat the Cavaliers 115-86.

* The Boston Celtics got slapped around at home, losing 99-88 to the Milwaukee Bucks.

* ONE IN A ROW!!! If you go back to last season, the Charlotte Bobcats snapped their 23-game losing streak by winning 90-89 at home against the Indiana Pacers.

Congratulations to all other winners.

Stavingo, what you got to say about our PG's now? :P Vasquez is playing some very good ball at the moment.

I don't doubt it. Fakers fans. :P

That Laker team just looks so clueless out on the court. Kudos to the Clips.

And of course I was smiling John! Boozer goes on a Booze Cruise and Nate Robinson goes Kryptonate!:dopey:

Looks like James Harden is playing some inspired basketball, but lets see after 25 games at least if the Rockets spent well on him. Defenses around the league should adjust by then. But I'll take 45 points any day of course.👍

On other news: It seems the anti-flopping rules are allowing defenders to get more physical, which I personally love.

Last edited:
Damn, Knicks were puttin' on a CLINIC! Kudos, y'all whooped our asses.

And LOL at anyone giving up on the Lakers. They will shape up, give 'em time.

They've actually won the World Series and gotten close to winning it several times since... The Clippers on the other hand have only won 2 playoff series ever and have never won the Pacific. They also have one of the world's most popular sports fanchises in the same building. You can slice and dice all you want, but there's a reason why the Clippers had been a punch line for "worst sports fanchise ever" jokes for years. Maybe you're just too young to remember the days of Clippers irrelevance, considering they've won their only two playoff series in your lifetime and have been mediocre for the duration.

This is as opposed to most of my life where the Clippers were less than mediocre. They've been downright pathetic and that's what makes this recent success all the more sweet.

Anyways, this whole "worst franchise ever" discussion is a topic for a different thread. Let's keep this one in this season of the NBA, shall we? 👍

They've actually won the World Series and gotten close to winning it several times since... The Clippers on the other hand have only won 2 playoff series ever and have never won the Pacific. They also have one of the world's most popular sports fanchises in the same building. You can slice and dice all you want, but there's a reason why the Clippers had been a punch line for "worst sports fanchise ever" jokes for years. Maybe you're just too young to remember the days of Clippers irrelevance, considering they've won their only two playoff series in your lifetime and have been mediocre for the duration.

This is as opposed to most of my life where the Clippers were less than mediocre. They've been downright pathetic and that's what makes this recent success all the more sweet.

Anyways, this whole "worst franchise ever" discussion is a topic for a different thread. Let's keep this one in this season of the NBA, shall we? 👍

Exactly why I went on...

I'm not trying to sound like a bandwagon Clippers fan, but I have liked CP3 for a while now & I do want to see Butler continue to have a good career as he was part of our Championship team (even if he didn't play in the Finals :P).
Hey man, there's still room on the gravy train! Come along let's have fun!

I've got a feeling a lot of Lakers fans are turning in their gold and purple for the blue and red...

Some will, and then they'll go through a major identity crisis as soon as the Lakers get their next win against the Clippers or advance past them in the playoffs.

There's nothing worse than all the Laker fans switching over for the Clippers (if the Clippers go further) and them telling everyone "oh, I'm a Los Angeles fan! I'll root for all the LA teams."

:crazy: Get that noise out of here!

Only thing worse for Lakers fans is if the Lakers/Clippers rivalry ends up being like the basketball version of the USCal/UCLA football rivalry. Us college football types may have heard of UCLA being like, "the football monopoly in Los Angeles is over." The NBA basketball monopoly by the Lakers is... well, threatened. Not over, but threatened. Part of me still says the Lakers will get it together. If not, then oh, well...

Right now I put the Lakers issues on coaching and media pressure.

If Mike Brown cannot get to at least 40 wins before 20 losses, then I won't be surprised if management start to question his methods.

Right now I put the Lakers issues on coaching and media pressure.

Depth is a huge issue as well. As soon as a starter leaves the floor, the replacements are pretty pathetic. Except for maybe Hill.

Quackjack
Damn, Knicks were puttin' on a CLINIC! Kudos, y'all whooped our asses.

And LOL at anyone giving up on the Lakers. They will shape up, give 'em time.
Yeah, they'll shape up. The question is when? Their bench got massacred last night. As soon as the starting 5 Lakers sat, the Clippers would just run by them. Blake was god awful & the turnovers killed them.

Artest struggled badly & Gasol at least tried. And even then, we saw Kobe go into hero mode which is always a 50/50 chance of success.

Serious changes are needed. As said, Nash needs to direct offense, get Kobe open & help Howard as well. Howard will do fine as soon as he stops running into foul trouble.

I'd be surprised if the Lakers haven't already compiled a list of available NBA coaches(Nate McMillan right around top of that list's my guess). Only idiots don't have backup plans, then again, look at the Laker's bench. I think Lakers front office attention span's a hit & miss. :D

That Laker team just looks so clueless out on the court. Kudos to the Clips.
I expected them to look bad, at least initially.

Looks like James Harden is playing some inspired basketball, but lets see after 25 games at least if the Rockets spent well on him. Defenses around the league should adjust by then. But I'll take 45 points any day of course.👍
I definitely give him an "A" for the effort, but yeah, I'd consider it impossible to sustain both 30+ ppg and also win games at the same time.
On other news: It seems the anti-flopping rules are allowing defenders to get more physical, which I personally love.
If you play, or played the game, you see the system is broken. You get sort of set, but not really, and the instant the guy dribbling to the basket touches you, the flopper is already falling backward faster than the momentum would allow.

I also hate what I call the Kevin Durant foul, which he sweeps the ball(with his looong arms) under the defenders arms, then pull up for a jumpshot. BAM, shooting foul. :dunce: Or predating him, jumpshooters jumping into the defenders for shooting foul.

If you can't see those obvious plays, it's not the referees getting "fooled", your referees are not seeing the action properly.

My suspicion is that the league don't want to slow the game down with bunch of calls. I just can't stand it, because I don't believe in the integrity of the NBA officiating to start with, and these types of inconsistency only adds to more stuff they call, or not call, case-by-case. Increases the B.S. factor, which is sky high with David Stern.
I thought they were decent when they had Larry Brown as the coach, and who was it, Danny Manning & Charles Smith were starting for them? :P

I thought they were decent when they had Larry Brown as the coach, and who was it, Danny Manning & Charles Smith were starting for them? :P

I still wonder what would've happened if Elton Brand didn't leave town...

I still wonder what would've happened if Elton Brand didn't leave town...
Don't get me wrong, I liked him, but: 1) He's pretty damnnear done. 2) His salary would have crippled the Clipper's salary cap.

Without the cap flexibility, not that I've been tracking their salary situation, but I'd be surprised if they've been able to sign players like Jamaal Crawford, or whatever-Jordan or whatever his name was that plays center. I'm most certain the Clippers are better off without Brand of 2012, and whatever max, or near-max money it would have cost the Clippers to keep him.

Don't get me wrong, I liked him, but: 1) He's pretty damnnear done. 2) His salary would have crippled the Clipper's salary cap.

Without the cap flexibility, not that I've been tracking their salary situation, but I'd be surprised if they've been able to sign players like Jamaal Crawford, or whatever-Jordan or whatever his name was that plays center. I'm most certain the Clippers are better off without Brand of 2012, and whatever max, or near-max money it would have cost the Clippers to keep him.

Right. But what I'm saying is that if Brand stayed, would the Clippers have gotten that lottery pick for Blake? Would CP3 even want to come to the team if Blake isn't there? There'd be a huge chain of events if they led that team out there. (assuming no one got hurt - which of course they all did).

Right. But what I'm saying is that if Brand stayed, would the Clippers have gotten that lottery pick for Blake? Would CP3 even want to come to the team if Blake isn't there? There'd be a huge chain of events if they led that team out there. (assuming no one got hurt - which of course they all did).

Oh, I don't even remember how you guys got the pick to draft Griffin in the first place. I thought it was the general Clipper season that netted Griffin. :dopey: I'm sorry, I'm serious! lol

Oh, I don't even remember how you guys got the pick to draft Griffin in the first place. I thought it was the general Clipper season that netted Griffin. :dopey: I'm sorry, I'm serious! lol

Brand said he was going to re-sign and didn't. Imagine the lineup:

Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Shaun Livingston, Elton Brand, and Chris Kaman.

Too good for a lottery pick if no one gets hurt!

Did you really just say that? Read those names back again. :lol:

C'mon man! :sly:

I was geeked out about that squad before Elton took off for Philly and then everyone got hurt. Those were the days when Brandon Roy was good. :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back