NBA: 2017-2018 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 179 comments
Looks like OKC has finally recovered after the loss of Durant IMO. They got Westbrook, Anthony, and George now.

As for the Knicks, I guess this means Porzingis can finally unleash his potential with him being the leader now for the Knicks.

Not sure yet how they fit together, but it's certainly a talented trio the Thunder have. Presumably Melo plays the 4.

Word has it that Dwyane Wade has signed on to join LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. So D-Wade and LeBron are going to go hand-in-hand to keep Cleveland the NBA power it is. What do you think about this move?

Word has it that Dwyane Wade has signed on to join LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. So D-Wade and LeBron are going to go hand-in-hand to keep Cleveland the NBA power it is. What do you think about this move?

I think Wade is 35yrs old and declining, he'll be a great depth addition but not exactly a paradigm shifting superstar addition.

Melo at the 4 causing those mismatches all day :lol:

Yeah, helping his team on offence, making life easy for the other team on D.:P

Hey at least he won't have to guards other 3's on a nightly basis, most 4's operate at a little slower pace unless you're an athletic freak like Griffin or AD :lol:

Finally some games! Even if they're preseason games.:P Sydney played the first NBL vs NBA game and dug a hole for themselves early but fought well the rest of the game. A couple Aussies went double figures, Baynes with 10 and Mills with 11. Limited mins for everyone of course.
Lonzo Ball seems to be sucking, in your face Lavar!:sly: Bit of a downer though he hurt his ankle today, sounds like a pretty light injury though.
We've got to wait until our Thursday to see Simmons play.

What concerns you all about your favorite teams and/or players this upcoming season, if anything?

What concerns you all about your favorite teams and/or players this upcoming season, if anything?

Whose going to start at SF for the Pelicans.

Whether our bench guys can carry the load when fire and ice are on the bench.

Preseason is over, time for some real games to begin.:D The Bullets played Phoenix today, it was quite a dismal start and finish tbh, but they played well in the 3rd and in the end weren't quite laughed out of the gym. Ben Simmons had something like 19pts, 8reb, 5ast in just 17min today, really looking forward to seeing him develop, especially once he gets confident and competent at taking pull-up jump shots

Bench experience for the Raptors, they seem talented enough but they're very young. The health of Embiid for Ben Simmons' sake. The point of anything against spastic teams like the Warriors.

BALL NIGHT!

Ladies and gentlemen, GTPlaneteers worldwide... the 2017-2018 NBA season begins in full anger tonight! So are you ready for some basketball? Tonight's schedule:

* BOS Celtics at CLE Cavaliers
* HOU Rockets at GS Warriors

The 82-game grind to play for the O'Brien Trophy begins tonight. Every game excluding the All-Star festivities are all towards being among the 16 best (or luckiest) teams to play for a championship. So let's tip off a new season!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams this season.

The Golden State Warriors beat my Houston Rockets... almost. We somehow managed to beat Golden State thanks to a late basket that was waived off upon further review. Rockets squeaked by 122-121. My Rockets are at the Sacramento Kings tonight as our back-to-back continues to start the 2017-2018 season.

As much as I'm disappointed that Hayward left the Jazz, I didn't want him to suffer such a gruesome injury. I'd just hoped he'd end up playing bad for Boston.

This has been a really entertaining start to the season so far, too much to mention. Simmons is putting up numbers but it's been pretty quiet, and he's not getting any W's yet. Jingles top scored for the Jazz with 19pts in a chippy win over the Thunder today. Giannis had a new career high (44pts?) and a huge defensive play and go-ahead dunk at the end of the game, along with a huge block at the rim to seal it. Ball's second game was quite impressive after a suckful first game. Fultz has flat out sucked, I've been really disappointed with his current output (and that free-throw :yuck:).

I have been impressed by the Raptors bench, especially rookie OG Anunoby, but their competition has been bad so far, and a big 6 game West road trip is up next.

Pelicans almost blew another lead against the Lakers but we got the W.

Third quarter always seems to kill my team :lol:

Ben Simmons became only the third player in NBA history to record a triple double within their four career games, in Philly's win today. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this guy is pretty legit. :eek: :lol:

Ben Simmons became only the third player in NBA history to record a triple double within their four career games, in Philly's win today. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this guy is pretty legit. :eek: :lol:

Well, besides us Aussies :lol: who actually doubted him?

My Houston Rockets suffered their first loss of the season last night with an 87-80 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. We're now 3-1 on this young season. You will lose games. Just that it hurts more to lose to opponents in your division.

What have you done for me lately? If you're the Phoenix Suns, not too much. The Suns fired their head coach Earl Watson this past Sunday after just three games so far this season. His coaching record wasn't very good under his tenure.

Anyhow... one week in (or just about). How you all like the 2017-2018 season after just one week? Too early to tank if you're not doing well so far? Going to go all the way to the NBA Finals and win after just three or four games of an 82-game regular season?

Hopefully Pelicans can get rolling and get back to 500.

But AD just went down with a knee injury against Portland :(

Simmons looked really sharp scoring 23pts today, I know he didn't get the triple double or anything, but to me that was the best I've seen him play and really impact the game on both ends of the floor.

How do you like the first month of NBA basketball? Here is a look at how everybody is doing so far this season. Standings update time! See where your favorite team(s) is/are right now:

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
ATLANTIC: Boston (6-2), TOR (4-3), PHI (4-4), NY (3-4), BKN (3-5)
CENTRAL: Detroit and Indiana (5-3 each), MIL (4-4), CLE (3-5), CHI (1-5)
SOUTHEAST: Orlando (6-2), CHA (5-3), WAS (4-3), MIA (3-4), ATL (1-7)
BEST 8 EAST: BOS, ORL, DET, IND, CHA, WAS, TOR, MIL

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
PACIFIC: Los Angeles Clippers (5-2), GS (5-3), PHX (4-4), LAL (3-4), SAC (1-7)
SOUTHWEST: Houston (6-3), MEM (5-3), SA (4-3), NO (3-5), DAL (1-8)
NORTHWEST: Minnesota and Utah (5-3), OKC (4-3), POR and DEN (4-4)
BEST 8 WEST: LAC, HOU, MIN, UTA, MEM, GS, SA, OKC

Remember- there are 82 games played in an NBA season. So what you see here is only how the teams have done with very few games played. Many more months of action await. Do any of these standings surprise you so far?

As for tonight, the NBA would like to treat you to these two games tonight:

* GS Warriors at SA Spurs (NBA on TNT)
* LAL Lakers at POR Trail Blazers (NBA on TNT)

Enjoy some Thuesday night basketball! Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

I hope to be able to do something for the first time since maybe... 2012- see my favorite sports teams on local TV. My Houston Rockets (14-3, 1st Southwest) will host the New York Knicks (10-8; 4th Atlantic). I mentioned local TV to start this post off. That's because Rockets' coverage went from FOX Sports Houston to CSN Houston, to ROOT Sports Southwest, now to AT&T SportsNet Houston. Since my parents got this XFINITY Stream deal, I will get to see my Rockets on local TV for once instead of wondering if they'll be on National TV.

Elsewhere, Derrick Rose is contemplating on whether or not to continue his NBA career. I hope for the best for D-Rose whether it's basketball or simply living his life.

Go enjoy some NBA hoops, everyone. Pretty sad not as much traffic has gone on with this NBA season thread...

Who has been surprisingly good or bad for you so far? The Thunder look pretty off, just 8-11 as of typing. The 76'ers have been better than I expected, now 11-8, though Simmons has some niggly injuries to deal with now so let's see how that affects them. Bucks are only 10th, while the Pacers are somehow 6th in the East, I really thought Indiana would suck. Also surprising to see the Pistons in 2nd while the Wizards are just 7th.

when rose played for the cavs in those games, i find that he looked pretty good. would be a shame if he'd retire.
when healthy he is still an above average pg/scorer

Who has been surprisingly good or bad for you so far? The Thunder look pretty off, just 8-11 as of typing. The 76'ers have been better than I expected, now 11-8, though Simmons has some niggly injuries to deal with now so let's see how that affects them. Bucks are only 10th, while the Pacers are somehow 6th in the East, I really thought Indiana would suck. Also surprising to see the Pistons in 2nd while the Wizards are just 7th.

Surprisingly good:
>pelicans in playoff hunt

Surprisingly bad:
>every journalist still saying Cousins leaving in FA regardless of team record

b r u h :lol:

Back